[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best summer tire in 205/55r16? I was thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

What's the best summer tire in 205/55r16? I was thinking about ordering a set of these BFG g-force sport comp 2s for my shitbox.
>>
>>16738172
>Best
Are you people really this dumb? Post your:
>Budget
>Performance requirements
>Endurance requirements
>Location/climate
And maybe then you can get a decent recommendation other than "dunno, I'm using X tire and it seems better than the corded Y tire I was using before".
>>
>>16738696
Budget doesn't matter, I don't need them immediately so I've got plenty of time to save up.

Good grip for toegay but still daily driveable.

I don't care how long they last.

Texas, rarely gets under 40° F. I can run summers all year.
>>
>>16738717
Maxxis RC-1
>>
>>16738717
Sport Comp 2s will treat you well based on this but you can definitely go more expensive if you want.
>>
>>16738717
BFG Rival and Hankook RS3v2 are the tires you want. All other answers are incorrect.
>>
>>16738772
Rival isn't available in 205/55r16. Kinda iffy on Korean tires. Has Hankook has a rise in quality over the past few years like Hyundai has?
>>
>>16738811
Hankook has always had top tier tires. Think LG and Samsung, not Hyundai and Daihatsu. The tires they have a bad reputation for are the commodity market ones made in mainland China, because they don't have a shitbrand like Bridgestone (Primewell) or Goodyear (Douglas) to isolate their brand name from the bottom of the barrel trash that everyone makes.
>>
>>16738831
>Daihatsu
Derp. I meant Daewoo. Funny that their cars are so shit when their guns are so perfect.
>>
>>16738172
I have those bfgs and they're pretty solid. not an all out autocross tire, but pretty good and with a decent lifespan. would buy again
>>
I run comp 2's on all my cars, even my daily corolla has em in that size. They seem to wear nicely and have lasted 30k so far with about 6/32 on the tires atm. Obviously im hooning even in the corolla. Decent tire for the price.
>>
>>16738172
Potenza S-04 Pole Position

Insane grip, sheds water unlike any other tires I've used, wear is still yet to be determined, but I'm sure they'll last 20ki-ish miles with how I drive. Only downside? Your suspension will start to seem inadequate - you'll see your suspension's limits rather quickly with these tires on.
>>
my BFG sport comp 2's in SUMMER ONLY ULTRA HIGH PERFORMANCE have taken tons of abuse on the back of my ls1 t/a
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.