[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are /o/'s thoughts on the TSX/Accord Euro R? Looking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: jdmmm.png (995KB, 1015x678px) Image search: [Google]
jdmmm.png
995KB, 1015x678px
What are /o/'s thoughts on the TSX/Accord Euro R? Looking to pick one up soon as a first car. Gonna have a hard time finding a manual so might just opt for the automatic. Gotta budget of around 8k so I think this is my best bet, plus I love Hondas.
>>
No power. Get a TL faggot. A 6 speed TL will walk a TSX by 4 cars and still get the same gas mileage.
>>
>>16737265
Hold out for a manual. One of the best shifters that Honda ever made.

I bought one of the last new first gen 08 TSX 6MT's back in late 2007. I drove it until September 16 when I finally had to trade it in for a roomier car due to growing family needs.

It has plenty of power, but could really use another 20-30hp. From what I understand, the K24 in these things really has more potential left in it that can be extracted with a few mods. Maybe as much as another 40-50hp without forced induction or making the car sound like an obnoxious riced out niggermobiel. I had close to 200k miles on mine and never had A SINGLE PROBLEM. And I beat the living shit out of that car. When I traded it in, there was a small, slow leak developing from one of the CV axles. Those fuckers are $600 each FYI and OEM is your only way to go there. Third gear pop out also happens on some of the earlier 6MT's, so check that out. The yaw sensor was also out, but that really doesn't do anything anyways except tell the ECU that your car is upside down.

I feel that it was one of that last GREAT "real" Honda products. Made in Japan, built well, probably their most flexible 4cyl ever, and steller handling with the best steering you'll feel outside of a Miata or Boxster. Sure, a TL will blow it into the weeds, but a TL also feels like a pigfat accord because that is what it is. Unless you are comparing to the 6 spd TL-S SH-AWD (which is really amazing), you're just burger-racing from 1/4 mile bullshit. The TSX is just damn fun car to drive. Similar to the GT86 / Miata, or whatever, it's one of those cars that are a shit ton of fun to drive at any speed.

Honstly, I'm kinda thinking about buying another one and looking at FI for it just for fun.
>>
>>16738106
I'm selffag here and re-emphasize the point about the reliability. Almost 200k miles over 9 winters in the salt-treated roads of Northeast USA. Rarely washed in the winter. Beat the snot out of it from day 1 with multiple redlines and blown downshifts sending the revs well past redline. Lots of fucked up roads.

Zero problems. Oil changes every 6k miles. Three sets of OEM brakes. Four sets of Michilins. And only a minor CV axle leak and some euro-law compliance sensor ( and one downstream O2 sensor I forgot about big deal). None of the above affected driveability at all. I could had and would had driven that car another 100k miles, and I shopped new cars every few years thinking about replacing it until my back seat filled up with car seats, so I had to say fuck it and buy a Lexus LS430 and a CPO Lexus RX350.

TSX is Japan at it's best. Not Burger-centric garbage that Acura sells now with beaks and trapezoids and shiet. (Only the RLX is Japan made now).
>>
>>16738106
>Pigfat
The TL is like 200 pounds heavier than the already 3300~ TSX. An aspec suspension TL-S beats a same year G35 and IS350 around the track
>>
>>16738188
It's still burger

And it still has that garbage glass automatic. The TL-S 6MT is not going to be in his price range.

>captcha: select all shitboxes with timing belts
>fucking TL!
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.