[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys just leave your winter mats on all year long? What's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 9

File: 2856_1_md.jpg (47KB, 600x411px) Image search: [Google]
2856_1_md.jpg
47KB, 600x411px
Do you guys just leave your winter mats on all year long? What's the advantage of taking them off for the summer? Comfiness?
>>
>>16730498
I dont have winter mats
>>
>>16730498
None. Carpet gets gross even in the rain
>>
all year, its not like you can feel the difference, and they dont look too bad.
>>
I don't see regular cars even have carpets, it's just something else to get dirt on. Only weirdos drive without shoes on anyways.
>>
>hear ads about weathertech all the time
>"Oh, 'Made in the USA' means they hire juan and his 90 cousins to make them for $0.50 a day"
>they are actually an awesome company that makes great products
>one mat for a shitbox Camry costs $150
>their floor liners cost $180 for one piece

What do I even feel
>>
>>16730554
But I paid $150 for a full set for an S Class
>>
>>16730564

>paying more than $30 for a set of floor mats

Nigga the cheapest wal-mart set cut out to fit works just as well as the $150 weathertech set.
>>
>>16732874
They smell, though.
>>
tfw vinyl floors
>>
>>16732884
Not if you cut their noses off first.
>>
File: maxpider.jpg (168KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
maxpider.jpg
168KB, 1000x800px
All year, but I have mats that look a lot less spartan than weathertech mats (while being waterproof and washable by hose).
>>
>>16732874
The side coverage and fit of a laser measured mat for your individual make and model kicks the shit out of cheap mats. I had cheap mats in my last car (a 2002 Camry) and laser fit non-Weathertech mats in my 2015 Fusion and the difference is night in day if you live in a climate with a lot of mud/rain/snow.
>>
>>16732874
>Walmart mats work just as well as Weathertech

Yeah, no. They don't.
>>
>>16730498

Holy shit, i've no need for Winter Mats whatsoever (Ausfag) but I need to get me some of those.

All our car mats are shit, nothing good for general mud/dirt and serious abuse from work boots.

Those look fucking perfect.
>>
yep, I leave my rubber mats in all year. worth it so you can hose them off and they are clean from any dirt/mud/etc. they don't impact driving at all I don't see why you would swap them out
>>
>>16733487
Weathertech's ain't cheap, not by a long shot, but if you ask me, it's money well spent. They are so goddamn strong that you can wash them with a pressure washer.

I routinely get some serious clay mud on my boots, but because I have Weathertechs, no fucks given.

They really do work.
>>
>>16730498
What's a 'winter mat'? Is this some american thing you were told to buy and bought like a good little consumer?
>>
All year in the truck
None in the car
>>
>>16730498
I've been thinking of getting some to keep in the car year-round. I'm not sure if I need something as good as weathertech though. Are cheap Walmart mats okay? I don't have to worry about snow or a lot of rain
>>
>>16732884
Leave them outside for a couple days before putting them in your car
>>
>>16733928
A rubber floor mat. I have no idea why so many people call them winter mats, they're an all season thing, and an option on almost every new car.

And I'd rather be sold something I didn't need than be told my car was undrivable because I have an aftermarket horn button.
>>
>>16733994
You don't just leave rubber floor mats in year-round, and clean them occasionally?
>>
>>16734309
I actually have metallic floor mats (aluminum).
>>
>>16730554
if juan made it it would be 1/5 the price and be the exact same with 3 additional days on thte shipping
your paying for retard boomers to be button pressers
>>
>>16734356
>1/5 of the price
t. lying jew
They'd be just as expensive to make the owners more and more rich
>>
Lada Niva
I just hose the interior then it leaks out to wash the outside
>>
>>16730554
husky liners are great and look better, and i got a set of 2 front and 2 rear mats for my new civic for 125. and they cover fucking everything, and extend a bit under the seats
>>
Weathertechs are really good. Best I've ever had.
Would highly recommend.
>>
I have factory all-weather mats in my car all year around. They're nice. They even snap into the factory buttons. I have a matching one in the trunk too. They're much cleaner than carpet.
>>
>>16733475
Those look good.
>>
>>16733475
Doesn't look like they have a lip in the bottom to hold the water and stuff inside.
>>
>>16732874
get that custom molded moisture/shit/mud retaining lip that rises up where the carpet angles upward with a fucking walmart mat that you cut with some scissors, nah i dont think so cunt
>>
>>16730554
>tfw they dont have the whole custom fitted wraparound stuff for older cars like my panther

>just basic mats

shame.
>>
>>16730498
Wish I could get mats like that for my shitbox.
>>
>>16733475
These are great. Feels like it's bolted to the floor. My only complaint is that the reinforcing pad in the middle of your picture delaminates pretty easily. Nothing some shoe goo can't fix though.
>>
>>16730498
>dead pedal is half way covered
>water rolls down metal surface
>dirty ass water sits pressed between carpet and rubber mat
>kektik carpet stains 4 lyfe
>???
>profit
>>
File: 46786875746.jpg (32KB, 400x559px) Image search: [Google]
46786875746.jpg
32KB, 400x559px
I like how much protection rubber mats provide, but they look like absolute shit. And when they're wet and dirty, the shit easily moves around in them and looks even worse, because there's no kind coating in them.

Rubber mats would be perfect if they had like a thin layer of non staining carpet in them, so water wouldn't move around freely in them.
>>
>>16739110

What if they were clear, so you could still see the carpet beneath them? Like the furniture in fine public squalors?
>>
>>16730498
>Comfiness?
Gay word.
>>
>>16736922
I love them. If they still make that style then I will buy them for my next vehicle.

>>16738052
They do, profile of the seat and angle of the image blocks the lip from view.

>>16739085
Had no issues with the reinforcing pad myself but good to know. Also between the grippy "carpet" fibers on the back and the custom molded shape they hold really well in seats without the holes for the nubs on the floor.
>>
>>16730498
A set of rubber mats at my local Sam's Club is $20. Sam's do vary in pricing for many things so it might even be $25 to $29 in your area. But they don't smell and have a raised lip to trap water and dirt inside.

For people who have a gravel and dirt driveway that turns to mud in the rain, then WeatherTech expensive overpriced type mats are better. But for those who live in the city and have paved driveways, the cheap mats are almost as good as overpriced WeatherTech.

All the good rubber mats have deep ridges. They should not be mostly smooth because you then get a sloshing action if there is a lot of water from melted snow. But I tap my feet together before pulling both inside the car. That shakes off the snow on the bottom of the soles.
>>
m o t o
a
s
t
e
r
>>
>>16739110
>Rubber mats would be perfect if they had like a thin layer of non staining carpet in them, so water wouldn't move around freely in them

the better mats are not smooth like the one you are talking about. instead of carpet, they have water channels formed because of the large number of sturdy raised up areas.
>>
a
>>
>>16732874
Spoken like a true poorfag
>>
>>16741015
The majority of people do not need WeatherTech type floor mats. But lots of people rice their cars out with weathertech because the price allows them to feel they are part of a "not poor" crowd. That attitude seems apparent from all the "stop being poor" comments.
>>
>>16741762
Now if you live in Washington...
>>
File: car_mat_walmart.jpg (167KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
car_mat_walmart.jpg
167KB, 900x900px
>>16732874
>paying more than $30 for a set of floor mats
These come in different colors and are under $30 at walmart.com which has free shipping to your closest walmart retail store. Just get it at walmart.com, ship it to the walmart store, then you just go to that store to pick it up.
>>
>>16735907
I got husky mats for my RS, they're great, they even cover the hump in the back.

Just spray them with a hose every three months and you're good.
>>
>>16741762
>floor mats
>rice
maybe if there's like a dragon or tweety bird on it? Are Yosemite Sam mud flaps considered rice?
>>
>>16730498
TFW weathertech doesn't make mats for my car.
>>
I got rubber mats with the Cold Weather Package option on my car. I leave them in year-round.
Still have the carpet mats somewhere. Considering selling them, as they have gotten zero use (still in packaging).
>>
Why do car companies even use carpet? Especially since it's gross stubble crap.
>>
>>16743892
>Yosemite Sam mud flaps
No, just hick
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (566KB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
566KB, 3000x2000px
>>16739801

I've had the rubber mats with deep ridges for years - they are not as good as weathertechs or husky weatherbeaters. I had a thick ring of salt around the driver footwell with the regular deep-ridge mats, not so with custom fit ones.

Btw, for everyone that wants custom fit floor mats while paying less, Weatherbeaters are the way to go - pic fucking related.

Those are the driver side floor mats - Weathertech on the left and Husky Weatherbeater on the right, both for the WRX. The difference in coverage is pretty massive and I paid $80 less for them.
>>
>>16744154

That's an awesome camera.
>>
>>16743440
hi shill
>>
>>16732874
>not crawling junkyards for OEM mats that fit perfectly and sometimes have the model name embroidered and probably just need to be cleaned
>>
>>16741762
Now come to Canada on a slushy day and say that again
>>
File: 0000-8B-K02ADetail.jpg (291KB, 1000x751px) Image search: [Google]
0000-8B-K02ADetail.jpg
291KB, 1000x751px
>>16744154

>tfw neither weathertech nor husky make a floor liner for the rx8

Now I have to get the over priced oems.
>>
>>16744154
I like your camera more than I like the Weathertechs....
>>
>>16745942
Sam's Club did sell a Kraco brand floor liner for the trunk area. It's extra wide, so trimming it to fit is necessary. It has since been replaced by a cheaper looking "Members Mark" (sam's club house brand) version that is thinner and has less thickness and raised areas. The Kraco one was fairly good as it had raised areas to slow down and isolate liquid movement. It also had raised lip edges so the liquid doesn't run off to the side and out. It was also $19.97 like the trimmable kraco rubber mat set for the cabin.
>>
>>16730498
I bought the vw brand name ones for my beetle.

Worth $200 I leave them on all the time now.
>>
>>16745853
This, my volvo came with volvo mats that fit and look really nice
>>
>>16730498
Own a Crown Vic Interceptor. Floor comes with vinyl flooring right off the bat. I could sweep the dirt out if I wanted to.
>>
>>16732874

Buy quality

Cry once
>>
>>16744797
>>16746784

lmao guys, it's not my photo - I'm 99% sure that dude and that garage is from Subispeed.
>>
>>16732874

Except it doesn't - this is one of those things where you literally get what you pay for.

At least for the husky weatherbeaters, you catch a lot more garbage that would otherwise make it to the edges of your mat and the sides of the footwell. It's also like $100 for what, at least 3-5 years of ownership and then you can sell it back out for $60-75? That's chump change - you'd spend more money on washing the carpet in the footwell.
>>
>>16750020
There was a custom floormat thread last year. I wonder what happened to someone who was making them? It would be nice rice if they were for sale as they also went up the sides like Husky Weatherbeaters or the Weathertech brand. But these were more attractive and stylistic.
>>
File: salt_and_dust.jpg (283KB, 1444x1083px) Image search: [Google]
salt_and_dust.jpg
283KB, 1444x1083px
>>16730498 >>16730554 >>16734356
>fuck weather tech. over priced floor mats.

They're over-priced because they are an elitist brand. It's like those handbags that cost $5000 each (qv husky) or handbags that cost $8000 each (qv weathertech). A lot of people just get handbags that cost $100 each (qv premium floor mats at sam's club) or handbags at $20 each (qv walmart floor mats).

At some point, the over-priced nature is more for elite status and elitist cachet than it is for quality and performance.

But if you have to slop in a half-inch of mud into the car, or you walk in sewage, then get these elitist mats that go up two inches. Sometimes, there's just no way around getting a $5000 or $8000 handbag for those situations that demand one. But how many people in /o/ really have those situations?

But everyone really should get some form of rubber mat. For those times you have certain guests, remove the rubber mats and let them have the carpet to wipe the soles of their shoes upon.

If you don't know what to get but are willing to have a basic cheap mat, try these options all are under $20 when I got them 2 years ago.

Car cabin mats (half-inch tall outer lip):
https://www.samsclub.com/sams/automotive-floor-mats-4-pc-set/prod4170012.ip

Trunk mat (half-inch tall outer lip):
https://www.samsclub.com/sams/cargo-mat-floor-armor/prod9690143.ip
>>
I thought that I would switch out my rubber winter mats for the summer around the same time I switch my tyres. Never fucking did it. Kept rocking the rubber even in summer. You don't really even notice it.
>>
>>16730498
Yeah I leave them in year round. I don't see any reason not to, since they trap dirt/mud just as well as they do with snow and ice
>>
reminder to clean your mats every month or so during winter

if you dont your seat mounts might start rusting
,that and the base of your middle console/dashboard
>>
>>16735907
Huskys feel cheap as fuck

I have a set in my Outback, only reason to buy them are price advantage
>>
File: WeatherTech_floormat_GAPS.jpg (99KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
WeatherTech_floormat_GAPS.jpg
99KB, 600x600px
>>16753585
>Huskys feel cheap as fuck
Weathertech can still have fitment gaps as well as not accommodating for humps and bumps in the floor. That means if you step on parts of the floormat, there might be an air gap between the floor of the car and the weathertech floormat.
>>
>>16753585
How is the fitment on your Huskys? Is it similar to what is shown in >>16754732 ?
>>
>>16753585
>Huskys feel cheap as fuck
Too thin? Too flexible?
>>
>>16753585
>only reason to buy them are price advantage
They still work even if they don't have the bragging prestige of Weathertech.
>>
>>16753544
>I leave them in year round
Same here. I only temporarily remove them to vacuum underneath any dust and dirt that got in through the gaps. Weathertech isn't perfect and still has a lot of gaps.

It's also important to check for moisture that gets in on the door side of the weathertech. Moisture trapped underneath the weathertech mat can feed mold and germs. The weathertech mat keeps my carpet sides there from drying out quickly.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.