[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats the proper way to jump start a car /o/? Today my dads

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: niggaugay.png (650KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
niggaugay.png
650KB, 720x540px
Whats the proper way to jump start a car /o/?

Today my dads accord died and i jump started it with my audi. Everything worked fine and we got it running in like 2 minutes but afterwards all the electronics onmy audi started fucking up.
The automatic roll down windows stopped working and i had to unplug the batter completely and touch the two terminals together to make them work again which was pretty annoying since it took me a while to figure out that was what i had o do.

So is this normal for audis that they basically cant be donor cars for jump starting or their electronics will start fucking up or did i somehow fuck up the jump start process?
>>
If you fuck anything up you see sparks fly, audis just tend to be like that electrically.

A safer way if you are not in a rush, is leave your audi connected to the accord battery to charge it for a while then disconnect it before he cranks the engine.
>>
Surge overload

Get proper jumper cables with surge protection and this should not be an issue
>>
>>16727156
this picture is old as fuck
>>
Sounds pretty normal for an audi.

Sometimes, jump starting another car just fucks things up.

We had a 90's Ford Contour once, we used it to jump start a truck I think, or something with a fairly large engine, much larger than the one in the Contour. Jumped it fine, didn't notice anything really weird until the next day, when the battery in the Contour was flat. Turns out, jump starting the other vehicle blew the alternator in the Contour. Only car I've ever had that issue with.
>>
File: JumpStartCarGuide.jpg (291KB, 900x736px) Image search: [Google]
JumpStartCarGuide.jpg
291KB, 900x736px
>>16727156
>>
>>16727696
only thing i did wrong it seems was that I connected the black cables on both battery terminals
>>
>>16727156
Simple. In a low voltage situstion, the vehicle can't power all the sensors which sets off a bunch of warnings when they don't report back. It's worse on heavily computer assisted cars like Audis.

Once the battery is sufficiently recharged, restart the car and they'll go away.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.