[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Delete if not on topic How come there is never any discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

Delete if not on topic
How come there is never any discussion of snowmobiles on /o/ seems like it would fit great here especially vintage sleds.
>>
>why isn't something rare, niche and not ever seen by 90% of people discussed as much as something everyone in every industrialised nation has come into contact with
Thanks for playing
>>
>>16721814
True, but still an interesting topic nonetheless from fixing them yourself or to just riding
>>
>>16721807
>>16721819
Are they really far from a bike?
I don't know much about snowmobiles but for me it is a kind of scooter with skis on the front and a thread in the back, no?
>>
>>16721849
Engine wise most older sleds are pretty similar to bikes, considering theyre either 2stroke 2cyl or 2stroke 1cyl with small displacement. But where they change from bikes is that they are belt driven and use a rubber track to move. Although now you can buy a kit that will turn a dirt bike into a snowmachine with a track and ski
>>
File: 15201805244_d643665f65_k (1).jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
15201805244_d643665f65_k (1).jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
>>16721807
I've got a '77 Liquifire 440 I've been working on for the past few years. I've done fiberglass repair on the hood, rebuilt the engine, and cleaned 40 years of shit out of the bellypan. I still need to go through the skid and get some skis before it's rideable.
>>
>>16721899
Thats a sweet deere man! Those were wicked fast back in their time
>>
File: 2017-02-24 10.41.35.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-24 10.41.35.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
This is my current project 71 elan 250 single
This sled is so rusted out its ridiculous
>>
>>16721915
Yeah, my father had one when I was young. I remember it being a blast flying across the fields on his lap.
>>
I have a '73 Arctic Cat Panther 440. They have a Kawasaki twin 2-stroke with a shroud and fan driven by a belt off the crank. Mine's got a sweet mikuni carb that's a little big for it off of a motorcycle. It rips, will lift the skis anytime it actually hooks up and if you sit back it does sweet wheelies. Wicked fucking tippy though, damn. Also, the brakes currently don't work good but I still ride it since I was told they were never any good on these sleds.
>>
>>16721995
Those old shitty kitty's were made for one thing and that was to go fast and then blow up lol
>>
>tfw i only managed to go snowmobiling once this year before all of the snow melted due to abnormally high temperatures and rain

i even managed to get the suspension on my sled tuned to the point where i can pull off hektik skidz through corners on the trail
>>
File: pantera (2).jpg (4MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
pantera (2).jpg
4MB, 4320x2432px
Currently have a 78 pantera 500 F/C and a 95 XCR
In the past I've had a 77 Pantera, a 75 Cheetah, and a 78 Citation

Love my vintage leafers.

>>16721899
Love it.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.