[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got a 12000 budget to buy a sports car, and currently the C5

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

I got a 12000 budget to buy a sports car, and currently the C5 seems like the best bang for your buck. I've looked at other choices in that price range (350z, 986, S197, E46, etc) and they're either significantly more expensive to maintain or aren't as powerful. Anyone care to prove me wrong?
>>
>>16721737
>Anyone care to prove me wrong?
No. American cars provide the best combination of performance, reliability and low maintenance costs for the price. You sacrifice some interior quality and overall fit and finish here and there, but who cares when you've got literally the greatest engine ever made under the hood?
>>
"Prove me wrong" is bait language 'round these parts. If you've test driven a C5 and like it, I would test drive maybe the Porsche and BMW options you're considering, then decide which one you like best. Peak HP isn't everything.
>>
>>16721737

Depends on what you are looking for in a vehicle. If u are in an area where the winters are not bad or u already have a winter beater. Go for it. But if you are going to rely on it for all seasons and the winters are bad... good luck :-/
>>
4 civics
>>
File: IMG_0380.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0380.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Interior leaves plenty to be desired but I love my z.
>>
>>16721822
Wouldn't that apply to any sports car outside of AWD ones anyway?
>>
MK3 supra 2jayzee swap
>>
File: 1486771047172.png (512KB, 1600x623px) Image search: [Google]
1486771047172.png
512KB, 1600x623px
>>16721749
BMW are nazis
>>
>>16721737
can't
enjoy your v8 :^)
>>
>>16721737
Miata with $11,500 worth of aftermarket.

>>16722245
AWD just helps you go forward. It doesn't do anything about stopping and turning. RWD is safer than AWD in the snow because it's self-limiting.
>>
>>16722687
>rwd is safer than AWD in the snow
>>
E46 M3 will probably be fastest on track from the bunch
>>
You shouldn't be buying a car because it looks best on a fucking spreadsheet holy shit
>>
>>16721737
Go on test drives. C5s are fun but, of all things, the seating position is so different compared to pretty much everything else that it may put you off. You're absolutely on the ground in C4-C5s. 98-02 Camaros/Firebirds have the same drivetrain but feel entirely different to drive. The LS1 is ridiculously reliable, can easily make good power, and is often very easy to work on.

350z are fun, but very cramped for tall/big people, which will wear on you quickly. Can be a pain to work on too.

What reference points do you have as far as power? More power does not necessarily mean more fun. If the car doesn't want to go where you want it to, it doesn't matter how much power you have.
>>
Dont buy a c5, its slower than a civic around the ring
>>
>>16722901
12k is going to get you a pretty shoddy M3.
>>16721737
Do it, for a few k more Z06s pop up every once in a while.
>>
>>16721737
>budget
>car
>sports
>sports car
HAHAHAHAHAH
A
H
A
H
A
H
A
>>
>>16722901
will probably need the most chassis repair/bracing of the bunch too
>>
Let's see, do you want an actual sports car with one of the most renown V8s in the world?

Or do you want a V6 Vacuum cleaner appliance-mobile ?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.