[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >driving >arrive at destination >turn car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 20984009.jpg (148KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
20984009.jpg
148KB, 1024x768px
>be me
>driving
>arrive at destination
>turn car off
>leave car
>come back 5 mins later
>car won't start

The engine cranks, but it just won't start. The timing belt is in dire need of replacement, but it seems unlikely it snapped while off, and it also just sounds pretty normal when cranking.

The fuel gauge rises when I turn the car on, so there's fuel pressure.

Going back tomorrow to test for spark (could maybe just be the distributor rotor?), and I'll remove the valve cover to see if the timing belt is snapped. Is there anything else I can check without taking my car home?
>>
while having someone turn the ignition tap on the starter with a mallet.
>>
>>16721698
The car starter works though dude, the thing just doesn't start
>>
>>16721695
yeah try distributor/coilpacks. Could also be fuel pump - but seems unlikely unless you went over a big bump etc.
>>
>>16721695
Does jumping it get it to start? The alternator might have taken a shit while you were driving and made it so you were running off the battery, draining it low enough to not start the next time.
>>
Listen if fuel pump is working
Also just don't touch it for 30 mins, maybe spark overflow
>>
>>16721731
Fuel gauge rises when I turn the key, so it has pressure.

>>16721752
Still plenty of power to crank over the engine, battery is only a few years old anyway.

>>16721768
Going back in the morning to diagnose it, first thing will be to try and start it. What the fuck is spark over flow? Even Google won't tell me.
>>
>>16721779
Do you by chance own a rotary?
>>
>>16721698
It turns over. Don't just say something you heard from someone, makes you look an idiot. Better to stay silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.
>>
If it starts in the morning you have a hot starting issue which in a fuel injected car is likely to be the ignition system. I've never worked on those cars but if it's coil pack it could be those, if not maybe plugs, leads or dizzy cap.
>>
>>16721791
2005 Hyundai Accent. I wish it was a rotary.
>>
>>16721799
I don't think you are in a position to be rude especially if you're asking for help for your piece of shit car
>>
>>16721832
That wasn't me dude.

And yes, it is a piece of shit. I paid $50 (fifty) for it from a friend, and will be selling it once I do a major service on it.
>>
>>16721779
the fuel gauge rising does not mean you have pressure. it just means the float is working. the pump could still be shit.
>>
>>16721912
Shiiiiiit
Thanks dude, something I'll actually have to check.
>>
>>16721887
50$ is still a good deal for a running vehicle. (Well not any more)
>>16721925
Put your ear against the fuel cap and have someone turn the ignition on if you here like a reeee it means it's working sometimes it won't do that.
My moms BMW was just cranking and cranking and it wouldn't start. She called me and my twin bro over to help, (brother in Mercedes mechanic I'm a Subaru Honda mechanic) and we both diagnosed it as fuel pump. We replaced it and it fired right up and ran fine. My money is fuel pump.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.