[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I supposed to detach the headunit all the time? My bro always

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: cde-152e_front.png (140KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
cde-152e_front.png
140KB, 500x500px
Am I supposed to detach the headunit all the time?

My bro always told me it drains the battery if I leave it in. I always thought people took them off because of theft but these things are pretty obsolete now.

If I forget to turn my radio off. does it still drain battery with the engine off? just like what it does when you leave your headlights on
>>
>>16720945
>My bro always told me it drains the battery if I leave it in.

True, but at such a low level that it would take years to drain the battery from just the radio standby.

Battery will probably go dead by itself before then.
>>
the power draw when it's off it's very minimal, just enough for the memory, and as long as the car doesn't sit too long without running, it won't drain a normal operating battery
>>
Depends entirely on how your stereo was wired in.

If it was hardwired to the battery then yes, it will drain your battery.

If it is wired after the ignition relay, then no, it wont.

And as other guy said, you would have to have a pretty worthless battery for it to drain it.
>>
Should only be drawing a few mA at most.
>>
>>16720986
>Depends entirely on how your stereo was wired in.
If it's draining the battery the installer did a poor job. It could be wired straight to battery, or could have a short.
>>
yeah dude, I've got a special bag to carry my headunit around in when i park my car at uni. I hate it when I forget, gotta call AAA for a new battery.
>>
>>16720986
The radio is always wired directly to the battery, the radio has 2 power inputs, constant and switched, the constant keeps power to the radio to save all your settings and stations, the switched turns the radio on when you turn the car on.
>>
Your shit will draw more power waiting for a keyless unlock signal than any headunit installed by someone who half knew what they were doing.
>>
Do people still steal aftermarket head units like pictured, it's a bit of a late 90's crime isn't it?
>>
>>16721367
if it even appears to be valuable, dickbags will take it
>>
Yeah man, that shit will RAPE your battery. Be sure to disconnect you're ecu every time too cause that drains the battery to
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.