[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm new to the moto industry. Building knowledge on bikes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

So I'm new to the moto industry. Building knowledge on bikes and looking to get my own.
I keep getting constant back and forths between rather I should go 300 or 650.

Could someone here give me a straight answer on what should be my first bike? I want a sport look, nothing naked. So we're talking R3 or Ninja 650 type deal.

I was looking at some middle ground with the CBR 500r, but the insurance skyrockets with that bike. The 650 ninja is literally 1000 reals cheaper.(I live in brazil)

So, recommendations? Should I go 300, 650, what? What bike would you recommend?
>>
>>16720000
Why do you want a sport bike?
Are you going to participate in the sport of racing?
>>
>>16720003
I have an uncle who participates in track racing. He said he would take me and teach me all the stuff. Just need a bike first.

I also really like the design in general of the sports, the way they look.

But the idea is to one day track race, yes.
>>
>>16720000
Since no one really answered you, get the 300. Heck, even a trashy old 250 ninja if you can. But do not start with a 600cc+

I can not tell you how many people come into looking for their 1st bike (I worked at a motorcycle dealer) and within the 1st 3 or 4 months they are in for repair or totalled.

Understand this. You will mess up, you will drop it. Alot. It is all apart of learning. But those same mistakes on a 600+ will not only put the bike in the shop, but you in the hospital as well. Learn from many others mistakes.
>>
>>16720000
Get a used SV650, save your money for the future when you want something else.

300's are slow, and the CBR500 is heavy and bland bike that has low footpegs from the factory so you can't even corner hard on it. Sounds like shit too, like every other 180 degree parallel twin engine'd bike.

650's are a good middle ground desu.

t. Ninja 250 owner

>>16720801
650 =/= 600 sportbike
>>
>>16720801
This guy is dumb.

Get a 650 or a 300, just get the best used deal you can find. You're going to drop it and you're going to want to sell it for something else after your first season anyways.
>>
>>16720963
/Thread

Started off with a sv650 as well and I'm 3 years in kept it and got a 675 Daytona
>>
>>16720801
Meh that's really a person to person thing. I started on a 600 sportbike its not really that bad. A 250 can fuck you up just as bad as a 600. Some people just can't grasp the concept of restraint.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.