[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm having a bit of a dilemma. I have found myself in a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (98KB, 875x626px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98KB, 875x626px
I'm having a bit of a dilemma.

I have found myself in a position to buy an e46 (2002) slicktop M3 that was meticulously maintained and has only 75k on the odometer.

Problem is I'm currently driving a 2015 Fiesta ST. My ST trade in value is 800 dollars under what I owe and the M3 is going for only $12k. I'm concerned that I'm going to miss a lot of the creature comforts of the ST, but on the other side of the coin I'll have right wheel drive and more torque/hp

Help me make up my mind /o/. Do I sell the FiST and get the M3, or grab this mint M3 and potentially regret selling my FiST?
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 640x480px
M3 for visual comparison.

Forgot to mention the M3 is a 6spd, not the terrifying failure point that is SMG.
>>
>>16716247
>I'm concerned that I'm going to miss a lot of the creature comforts of the ST
kys
>>
>>16716252
Or, OR, understand that a lot of this is subjective.

I like power and performance, but I also like modern and reliable. I wrench, have my own garage space and tools, and I'm fairly sure of what to expect with the M3 repair-wise.

key term here is 'I like'
>>
Get the M3 OP. $800 is close enough to walking away from the FiST.

If you pass on the M3 you'll end up wondering and regretting, and who knows when a similar opportunity will come around again? Even if the thing turns out to be horrible, it's not like finding another FiST would even be that difficult.
>>
>>16716247

A mint 6-speed E46 M3 for $13k? Sounds like total horse shit, op. Do you know for a fact it's mint and that it's not some kind of scam? You can't barely get SMG's in decent shape for $13k - a mint 6-speed is would be like double that.

If it's actually legit I'd buy it even if I hated BMW with a passion - you could flip that shit for $5k in easy profit. Fuck the Fiesta ST - I like the cars but it's not like they're hard to find and the 2016 version is a lot better anyway because of the updated Sync 3 system. You could always just get another one literally at any time.
>>
I'd get the M3.
Faster, better looking and over here in bongland they are starting to appreciate in value.
>>
>>16716247
I'd stick with the FIST buddy, I can feel why you want to make the switch, but is this your DD? If so you should stay with fist, who knows what "meticulously maintained" means
>>
>>16716745

Whoa okay so I just posted this:
>>16716786

And now I take it back, listen to
>>16716745
>>
Remember, a brake job on a fiesta st is gonna run you maybe $120 for the parts for an axle while the M3 is going to run you $800 per axle.
>>
>>16716835
This. I would seriously consider the costs of long-term ownership for an E46. They're old cars now, so "meticulously maintained" might not mean shit.

I speak from second hand experience; I had a friend who bought an M3 for 15k CAD and it passed inspection with flying colors. 2 months later the VANOS blew and he had to spend 7k getting it fixed.

Also consider the M3 is going to be an expensive car to daily.
>>
>>16716835
I'd also factor in insurance which will probably actually end up being more. As well as if you have to finance (which it sounds like you need to finance?) your interest rate will be shit on a car that old.

On top of that you're losing an easy 10-15mpg.

The M3 is definitely a second car, not a daily driver. If you live in the rust belt you will absolutely need to buy snow tires which will run you $1000 easy.

On top of that, if you live near niggers and don't have a garage, you won't have that car for too long.
>>
>>16716249
You're an idiot. Please keep your Ferd. SMG is surperior. Period. Faggots like yourself that regurgitate shit other uninformed dumb cunts post on the internet are useless cucks.
ITT owner of an smg e46 m3
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.