[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brakes squealing like a train. Last time I changed the pads was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1479417786933.jpg (344KB, 1500x1015px) Image search: [Google]
1479417786933.jpg
344KB, 1500x1015px
Brakes squealing like a train. Last time I changed the pads was 2 years ago. What do I need to replace?
>>
Uhh, the brake pads?
>>
Pads and rotors. Test the wheel bearings and ball joints for play, since it'll be easier to replace them while you have the brakes off the wheels.
>>
>>16710677
>squealing
fucking grease that shit
>>
Your pads are down to the squealers they're supposed to that, change them hoes

If it turns to worse scraping and groaning your rotors are RIP too
>>
>>16710677
grease your brake discs you antisocial fuck
>>
>>16710698
Yeah because removing the brakes is such a long and painful job
>>
>>16711335
It's a huge pain in the ass on my brothers Colorado compared to my Focus. Obviously you have lots of experience working on more than one car.
>>
>>16711463
Says the one having experience on two cars.

I do have lots of experience on lots of European cars and on most of them removing calipers and discs on one corner is a 10 minute job at most, which is nothing compared to the time it takes to change a wheel bearing.
Drums are a bit longer, but a lot of cars have bearings in front of the shoes so replacing them is literally just a matter of removing the drum and a single bolt.

The worst of the worst are cars that have rotors behind the bearing, which turns a brake job in a stupid long process.

I don't know what ball joints you worked on, but I never had to remove brakes to change ball joints unless I have to remove the hub carrier completely and I only do it because that way the hub carrier is lighter.

Stop pretending you know shit
>>
File: 20141201_155911.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20141201_155911.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>16711533
>Says the one having experience on two cars.
Sure nigger, do real work like replacing engines and transmissions. Oh wait, is that some Doge, I thought I only worked on two cars? Take your comedy act on the road faggot.

>The worst of the worst are cars that have rotors behind the bearing, which turns a brake job in a stupid long process.
You mean exactly like the Colorado I was complaining about? Hell, my brothers XC90 was easier to work on than his Colorado.

>I don't know what ball joints you worked on, but I never had to remove brakes to change ball joints
Again, I was simply pointing out some cars take much longer than normal to remove the brakes on and you go all turbonigger. I never claimed you have to remove the brakes to do a ball joint, tie rod or anything else in that area. Keep projecting.
>>
>>16711573
Oh wow, a picture of a car without the engine, should I be impressed?

You said to test wheel bearings and ball joints while changing brakes because it's easier to replace them, implying removing brakes is such a painful process that you need to take advantage of a brake job to check and replace other parts in the suspension.

I would have agreed with you if you said to replace a clutch when removing a gearbox to save time and possibly money, but saying to check bearings because you have your brakes off is just stupid advice derived from a personal experience with one single car.
>>
>>16710677
Squealing means dirty brakes or rotors. Spray some cleaner on that shit, if it stops you're fine. If it continues might be time to change the pads out
>>
File: 20140428_232338.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20140428_232338.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>16711594
>You said to test wheel bearings and ball joints while changing brakes because it's easier to replace them,
No, >>16711463 was my first post ITT. Again, you don't know wtf you're talking about and are projecting.
Testing shit while you have the wheel off and no load on the suspension is fine and recommended by lots of people who do online tutorials for brake jobs too. Why do you have a stick so far up your ass?

Also, why is this MDX missing a transmission? I didn't know Ford and Chevy made Dodge and Acuras. Weird two cars I've worked on. But then again you're bang on about everything else too.
>>
>>16711594
Uhh, that just sounds like good common sense to have a quick looksie while the car is already in the air with the wheel off. You're literally just trying to act like a know-it-all to win an argument on an anonymous message board. Getting motivated to start a project is the hardest part sometimes, so when the steam is rolling, pour it on!
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.