[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really enjoy reading /o/ but I'm super unread when it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: help.jpg (63KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
63KB, 633x758px
I really enjoy reading /o/ but I'm super unread when it comes to the actual reality of street racing and picking/improving a car that would do well.

A few questions:

1. What areas of the country have street racing scenes, and where does one look to find them? Is /hou/ without the autism a decent example?

2. Are they actually similar to Tokyo drift or is that just a meme? Is it illegal?(not that that's a problem)

3. What do most people drive in these racings scenes? I assume it's all riced out WRTs, supras, etc. But I don't know.

4. I read shit online like "performance" automatic transmissions are better than manual. Is this also a meme? If true, what other common pieces of knowledge that used to be true are changing because of car technology, and how is it seen in street racing?

5. What's a good resource for learning all the shit you guys know? Spending 5 hours on /o/ just lurking threads doesn't feel like it's the fastest way I could learn.

tl;dr
>help a brainlet about /o/ things out, general auto/racing help thread
>>
1. None of them

2. No. Yes.

3. They don't.

4. ?

5. There's no such thing.
>>
1. None of them

2. No. Yes.

3. They don't.

4. ?

>>
1. None of them

2. No. Yes.

3. They don't.

4. ?

>>
1. None of them

2. No. Yes.

3. They don't.

4. ?

>>
Anyone?
>>
1. None of them

2. No. Yes.

3. They don't.

4. ?

>>
1. In the UK people set up organised, informal motorway top speed runs and drag races away from the towns. There's no such thing as a 'street race' location. It's normally a group of people who know each other.

2. FnF films are nothing like real life. At all.

3. I've seen everything from high end exotics, JDM, performance saloons, hot hatches and kit cars.

4+5 Google motherfucker
>>
1. I am in /hou/, and any decently urban environment should do.

2. Depends on the level of involvement/commitment, and the area. But very usually not at all like Tokyo Drift, and yes it's illegal everywhere.

3. Whatever they have. Most people don't have tens of thousands of dollars to just spend on whatever they want.

4. It doesn't matter 99% of the time. The driver is more important.

5. Practice.
>>
>>16710261
you know by driving around the city at night. if there is one in your area, you'll hear it.
>>
>>16710282
This. Although with number 4 they have dct Automatic Transmissions that have paddle shifters. These are better than manuals as the ECU will perfectly match Rpms to the gear for the best power band. HOWEVER, most cars with paddle shifters are not dct, and as such are crap. The new Toyota gt86 is one such example.
Another benefit with paddle shifters is that they allow you to brake with your left foot instead of operating clutch.
>>
>>16710261
1. I have no idea, because I live in Finland and most likely you don´t.
2. No. Most types of racing on public roads are illegal.
3. Depends highly on the type of race and what people can afford.
4. In drag racing, you can make your driving more consistent with an automatic, but in many other types of racing, manual is better.
5. Can anyone seed the WAT-auto technical library? It´s about 4G of automotive e-books. There is good books about automotive tech stuff in my local library´s tech-section. Maybe get a Haynes manual(or similar) for your car and read it.
>>
>>16711965
Thanks, bump.

Are all the negative responses in this threat just community gatekeeping to keep out newfags, contrarianism, or is it really that rare?
>>
>>16710261
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MdZDBXB4GQ
>>
1. most places
2. there are meets sure
3. whatever they have
4. automatic has been better than manual for a long time when it comes to straight line racing
5. google
>>
>>16712398
A combination of all of the above.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.