[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm having a problem removing the battery from my Volvo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

I'm having a problem removing the battery from my Volvo 740. There is this upright screw-like rod holding down the plate which keep the battery from moving. That rod and plate are rusty and it won't screw open. Worse yet I managed to brake it in two pieces. How the hell am I supposed to get this old battery out now?

Any Volvo gods here to help me out?
>>
>>16708894
Get a whole load of oil that loosens up rust. WD-40 might work in a pinch, but see if you can get something proper at your local hardware store or something like it. Then get a pair of flat pliers and use them to screw the remainder of the rod out. Remember, you have to let the shit steep in the rust-looser for at least half a day with the level of fuck you're describing. And be very liberal in its application.
>>
>>16708894
Post a picture
>>
>>16708894
1/4 stick of dynamite should do the trick
>>
File: battery.jpg (107KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
battery.jpg
107KB, 1024x768px
>>16709137
This one is from 240, but i think the battery tray bolt is identical to those in 700 and 900 series. If and when i can get that out i wonder if i should install some plastic universal shit or similar new. Acids from the battery might have weakened that rod too.
>>
>>16709230
Pry the holder the rod is sticking out of with pliers and a pry bar it will hopefully bend away and break off freeing the battery you don't need that tie down on the battery the cables holding the posts are enough.
>>
File: volvo_760_wagon_silver_sunset.jpg (189KB, 576x469px) Image search: [Google]
volvo_760_wagon_silver_sunset.jpg
189KB, 576x469px
>>16709039
Yep I'll try that. Too bad its freekin cold outside here so I think those oils won't spray and work too good.
>>
>>16709274
>mix old oil and brake fluid
>or old oil and ATF
>apply to fucky bits
>??????
>Profit!
either this or use heat but lead acid batteries produce hydrogen so plz don't
goodluck volv/o/br/o/
>>
>>16709230
Just ratchet strap the battery down
>>
>>16709259
>>16709677
>nigger advice
do it right, less parts to find later
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.