[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does the scrap yard care what I remove from a 1998 Cadillac Deville

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: cadillac-deville-1998-4[1].jpg (187KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
cadillac-deville-1998-4[1].jpg
187KB, 1024x768px
Does the scrap yard care what I remove from a 1998 Cadillac Deville before I scrap it?

I was kinda sentimental towards it.
It was my friends who died and I signed the title over to me. I've driven it for a few years but I blew the engine up and the scrap guy said he would give me $250 for it. I guess it sucks because it was the first car I've had with luxury features. but can i take the hood ornaments and battery and the scrap guy wont care??
>>
>>16707272
No, they'd rather it be just a blank shell if you're just getting the steel cost.
>>
>>16707272
Should've parted it out yourself and made a cool $2k.
>>
>>16707295
I have enough knowledge to take parts off but I'm not really a car guy. I checked ebay for sales prices of used parts and nothing really jumped out at me. Its a really nice car except for the engine. It only has 75K on it. Barely even broken in.

>>16707283
ok thanks. the last camry i scrapped drove into the lot because i couldn't get it to pass inspection to get the check engine light off. they started taking it apart before i was out of sight and it was horrifying.
>>
>>16707272
I count myself lucky everytime I see a northstar engine blow up. So glad I have the 4.9 V8 that's actually dependable.
>>
>>16707408
yeah you are lucky. i guess it was selected as an upgrade on mine. some upgrade. slightly faster and blows up somewhere between 60K and who knows. i'm certain mine was taken care of and didn't actual make it to 75K. I put some product called fiberlock in it that I think bought it a few thousand more miles. But near the end I was paying as much in coolant as gas. Actually maybe more in coolant than gas.

probably take the hood ornament, battery and suck the gas out of it and call it a day.
>>
>>16709278
Are you selling it to pick n pull? Because they will reduce the price if you take the battery.
>>
>>16709295
im in NJ I don't think we have those here. i think there is a similar place in PA not to far from me. I'll give them a call in the morning to see what they offer. Its just a scrap yard that said they would come get it.
>>
on my century i nabbed the hood ornament, guy didnt say shit about it when he picked it up
>>
You be sure to get that horn out of it. Those things are godly.
>>
>>16707408
Same here. I love my 92.
reliability > horsepower
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.