/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

would you rather have a completely stock g35 coupe plus a completely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: FB_IMG_1487463129380.jpg (37KB, 480x468px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1487463129380.jpg
37KB, 480x468px
would you rather have a completely stock g35 coupe plus a completely stock and very poor condition ls400 or an ls400 with $7k worth of tasteful mods?
>>
what mods do you have in mind for the ls400?
i don't think there's much to it
>>
>tasteful mods
You're a ricer. The only thing tasteful is stock. Modified cars are great but don't go around thinking your lip spoiler and ducktail are tasteful, neither is lowering.
>>
The g35 and ls400, depending on how much shit is wrong with it
>>
>>16706204
its a vipfag platform

pretty sure you can blow 7k on just cushions, curtains, 3 piece wheels and shit for make the tilty wheel
>>
File: 1483751339651.jpg (51KB, 539x539px) Image search: [Google]
1483751339651.jpg
51KB, 539x539px
>>16706222
>The only thing tasteful is stock.
Says the guy who drives an automatic acura
>>
>>16706252
My Acura is purely transportation.

But when you look on Craigslist at those tastefully modified civics, Integras and Lexus, you'll see that all those little things that are tasteful might appeal to you, but to everyone else it's modified and to an extent ruined.

You don't buy someone else's slammed modified 240sx, because their "tasteful mods" suck.
>>
>>16706222
not what I had in mind in terms of body work....I actually love how the stock bumpers look

although the ride is getting a bit bouncy like it's worn out and I know a guy that I can get coilovers from

>>16706204
gotta look at how much everything will cost but here is some of what I'm hoping to achieve
>mrr hr3 wheels rocking s04's since they're second best to mpss but much cheaper
>Sony xav-ax100 with speakers usually used as replacement drivers for klipsch speakers (unless there is a true automotive audiophile option)
>basically what >>16706230 said
>one of those multi pannel rear view mirrors that span across the entire windshield
>paint is fucked so repaint.....I really like the aesthetic of the white top silver bottom look
>fender mirrors
>good quality exhaust kit
>would be nice if I could supercharge it but that's at the bottom of my list
>>
>>16706286
>whhaaa stop liking what I don't like.
>>
shameless op bump
>>
>>16706391
Stop being so irresponsible with your money. Keep it stock.
>>
>>16706195
stock ls400. remove engine and put in miata
>>
>>16706391
Sorry no niggers
>>
>>16706195
I don't know what the fuck "tasteful" mods implies
>>
File: Photo on 2-21-17 at 2.37 PM.jpg (100KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 2-21-17 at 2.37 PM.jpg
100KB, 1080x720px
>>16707709
bippu theme but actually looks clean
>>16707700
pic related, yes i have sausage fingers deal with it
>>
>>16707845
>GIS for "white fingers"
>literally the first image
Try again Tyrone
>>
>>16706391
Just stop.

Get a good 1998-2000 LS400, do a full paint correction. If the leather is going, reupholster the seats with leather as good as or better than OEM in the same color. Replace the exhaust headers with PPE engineering ones. Add an aux to the stock head unit and hide a Bluetooth receiver to aux in the car somewhere. Hardwire a quality dash cam. If the sectioned wood wheel is going, craft customs will refurbish it for 500 USD.

Detail the shit out of the car, no foggy headlights or anything like that. Replace all fluids and replace any parts that are failing with OEM.

I can guarantee by the time you have done all of this you will have blown through your budget anyways but your car will at least be in better shape than it started instead of going straight to the junkyard like your average VIP piece of shit.

Wheels, a ridiculous head unit that will never look stock, slamming the car, replacing the stock electrochromic mirror with some aftermarket piece of shit, shitty non-heated side view mirrors, and random shit exhaust is a great way to make the car worse while spending a lot of money to do so.

If you want to do it go ahead but don't expect anyone here to help.
>>
As a former lexus tech, I'd drive the living fuck out of a bippu LS400

Though as an Infiniti lube monkey I like the idea of having a G35 for daily/fun use and an LS400 to manual swap and drift to death
>>
>>16706286
>too dumb to keep stock parts if/when you ever sell

yea thats kitkat
>>
File: IMG_20170221_175247799.jpg (1MB, 2357x3342px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170221_175247799.jpg
1MB, 2357x3342px
>>16708541
I already have a 92 tho and I want a ucf10 because nostalgia as my parents had one and it was used to drive me home from the hospital when I was born

It didn't come with a head unit when I bought it so for the meantime I installed a $50 boss head unit from frys.....also I'm getting the Sony unit because I want to have android auto and the xav-ax100 actually has a pretty classy minimalistic look, so does the jbl cp100 (whenever the fuck that comes out)

I don't think I would actually do the side mirrors but I sat in a miata with that rear view mirror and it actually works pretty well...plus my dimmer doesn't work anymore

I'm not even gonna bother with arguing about wheels and ride height because that is completely something of personal preference

the previous owner installed a really loud and Shitty exhaust system....I wanted to get a stock system from a junkyard but they keep getting gutted before I can get to them so I want to get a more quieter and better engineered system from a reputable company like magnaflow or armytrix

I am definitely gonna keep the thing clean as a whistle tho

>>16708065
shut up nignog
>>
>>16708639
well actually the ls400 was gonna be the daily
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.