[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Lowering your car Why do people do this? >difficult

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 26

File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (129KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
129KB, 1200x800px
>Lowering your car

Why do people do this?

>difficult to get in or out
>can't see anything in front or behind you in traffic
>bottoms out over speed bumps

I point and laugh when I see one of those faggots with a lowered car bottoming out on the speed bumps, you only end up damaging your car and look like a fucking retard too.
>>
>>16706092
Because people are retarded
>>
lower center of gravity for sick cornering
>>
I love scraping on speed bumps, it feels like winning.
It doesn't damage your car either stop being a little bitch
>>
File: 0125162229.jpg (1MB, 2304x1296px) Image search: [Google]
0125162229.jpg
1MB, 2304x1296px
>>16706092
>difficult to get in or out
only if you're literally a fat fuck
>can't see anything in front or behind you in traffic
only if you're literally blind
>bottoms out over speed bumps
only if you're literally retarded

try harder normie.
>>
>>16706112
Actually I am just quite tall.
>>
>>16706115
if you have full range of motion in your knees and lower back you will be fine.
>>
>>16706092
While I have a deep hatred for stanced cars, you only made one valid point.
>>
>>16706092
because I love ruining the bottom of my car and I love the feeling of getting butt fucked
>>
>>16706158
> I love the feeling of getting butt fucked

By George, I think we found the source of this fad
>>
>>16706166
there is nothing wrong with having a numb bum after every drive
>>
>>16706092
Mostly, it's a fad. People do it to belong to the newest "tribe"

Just think about it: they don't care about if their vehicle works better as a vehicle, they care about it looking good to their "tribe", so they can get together and either drive at low speeds to take pictures of it and post them on the internet for other people to look at them, or park it somewhere to take pictures of it and post them on the internet for other people to look at them

It's also stroking their ego, by getting into an eco-chamber that agrees with what they do, and getting always positive feedback and kind words like "looking nice" and all that shit. There's a good bit of cult-like behavior in these groups
>>
>>16706189
>lowering your car
>a fad
hello newfriend
>>
>>16706112
>only if you're literally a fat fuck
Ever thought about why cars for elderly are taller with a higher seating position that regular compacts?

>only if you're literally blind
Or stuck behind a normal car.

>only if you're literally retarded
You don't know speed bumps
>>
>>16706092
Some people are purely aesthetic car enthusiasts.
>>
Lowering your car is literally rice, which has been around forever. Those fast and furious riceboxes that you probably love because of muh nostalgia? Well, they're lowered too.

The word you guys are looking for is "stance"
>>
File: 0125162233.jpg (1MB, 2304x1296px) Image search: [Google]
0125162233.jpg
1MB, 2304x1296px
>>16706253
>false equivalence
no such thing exists, my stock height MR2 is harder to get out of than my modified 190E and it's not because of ride height, it's because of bucket seats and driving position.

>anecdotal
literally 6 inches difference in ride height, give yourself enough following distance and you'll see fine

>You don't know speed bumps
You don't know parking lots. I have circumnavigated many a bump since most people are too cheap/lazy to put one at every entrance, exit, and turn-off.

again, try harder normies.
>>
>>16706317
>my other really low and small car is also hard to get out
A regular, higher car is easier. The easiest vehicle I can get in is my big van. You can just walk in.

>literally 6 inches difference in ride height, give yourself enough following distance and you'll see fine
With the ever growing need to make the rear windows of cars higher that 15cm might just be enough to look through.

>I have circumnavigated many a bump since most people are too cheap/lazy to put one at every entrance, exit, and turn-off.
I dare you do drive my my house. At the least you need to go past two 30cm high steep speed bump with little poles on the side, so going sideways isn't an option. Circumnavigating those will cause you to pass 10 30-50cm high, even steeper speed bumps.
>>
>>16706234
I know it has been a thing for fucking ever, like rat rods, or bosozoku, or lowriders, or donks

The thing is, people who are into hard parking and taking pictures of their scrapin' machines do it because it's "the thing" these days. Like wide xboxhueg bawdy kits, undertray neons, and MiG-31 tier size roof scoops were some time ago

You don't see the latter craptastic pieces of shit as often nowadays, but you have the slammed, wheeled flints rolling at 15 MPH instead

>>16706317
I won't try harder. Much the opposite:

I can drive my car normally. Even through nasty streets. Even through dirt roads with potholes

And I know about shitty streets and potholes, I live in South America. Pic semi related
>>
File: bro.jpg (934KB, 1600x1100px) Image search: [Google]
bro.jpg
934KB, 1600x1100px
>>16706332
maybe its just because i'm from burgerstan but higher ride height doesn't always equate to easy access to me. pic related is pretty common over here especially in rural areas and even stock F series trucks can require you to physically pull yourself into the vehicle by the oh shit handle.

as opposed to just crumpling into the fetal position and lowering yourself into your death trap.

also

>driving in yurop
not even once senpai
>>
>>16706395
>not even once senpai
Too safe and fast for you?
>>
If done sensibly it looks cool and makes your car corner like a go kart.
>>
Because people like it and invest money and time into it to have something they enjoy? I don't see what's wrong with it.
>>
>driving around with a suspension made for old and fat people

vs.

>driving around with the suspension you choose for yor driving style
>>
>>16706433
>His driving style is having to go extremely slow, avoiding very mild imperfections on the road, and not being able to even go through a speed bump at 10 MPH

Who's driving like old people again?
>>
>>16706433
if you consider parking as driving maybe. because with a stanced piece of shit you wont be driving anywhere as fast as my granddad in his prius.
>>
>>16706433
>driving around with the suspension you choose for yor driving style
That means a raised rear to be able to go flat out over the speed bumps, and soft suspension so I can sit in comfort.

>tfw glorious air suspension seat in work van
>>
>>16706234
Honestly it's not lowering your car that's bad in fact it's functional. It's the whole stanced crowd with there wide body kits and ridiculous wheel cambering that looks retarded and destroys there cars.
>>
Because they care about performance and are willing to make sacrifices in pleb tier commuting

Do the other kids on the short bus ask what you're pointing and laughing at? Or do they just follow along?
Lmao so salty about what others do with their personal property. Fucking communist
>>
>>16707757
Huur coilovers and aftermarket wheels totally ruin a car!!!!!

Underage bus rider detected
>>
>>16706332
>30-50cm high, even steeper speed bumps

fucking what? a normal car would scrape on that shit...
>>
File: 1454518572890.jpg (27KB, 260x384px) Image search: [Google]
1454518572890.jpg
27KB, 260x384px
>>16706433
>>driving around with the suspension you choose for yor driving style

Hanging out with all your retarded ricer friends outside mcdonalds drive thru and then hooning down the road with your fart cans and mcflurries is not a "driving style" anon.
>>
>>16706189
Idk mane I think you're over analyzing it. Low cars just look cool. Wheel gaps are ugly.
>>
File: hellaflush.jpg (93KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
hellaflush.jpg
93KB, 960x720px
>>16707797
>Calling someone a commie because they laugh at stancefaggotry and the actual dangers that might bring over
Boi, this is one of the most stupid statements I've read in 20+ years of internets

No Anon, you are the short-bus rider. Along with the stancefags
http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticles/ID/2612/Hella-Fail.aspx
>>
File: 1449623995726.jpg (54KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
1449623995726.jpg
54KB, 640x427px
>>16706419
>If done sensibly
And how often is it done sensibly?
>>
>>16706092
not everyone shares your shit taste
>>
>>16707804
All things in moderation.
>>
>>16707912
Not over analyzing, IMHO. I find it easy to notice these patterns. It's like religious groups: you have an eco-chamber where it's all butterflies and rainbows and beautiful things, and anyone who questions it, even under reasonable arguments, is just a hater or a naysayer or a troll and you either don't listen to them or kick 'em out

Now, if you want a low car, fine, nothing wrong with that. You want a scraping wonder? You're a dumbass and your shit's all retarded. However, notice that these people don't actually focus on /cars/, they focus on /taking pictures of their cars/ in order to belong to the group and feel good, instead of focusing on the vehicles and their function

The car is the one thing that makes the herd both happen AND stay together, basically
>>
theres always a happy medium that faggots will find and cross into faggot territory
>>
File: 1455340778215.jpg (126KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1455340778215.jpg
126KB, 640x640px
>>
It makes genuine sense for a stiffly sprung track car, but it's retarded when you just lower something and camber the wheels out ten times further than anyone on a track has ever bothered with
>>
>>16708248
I thought we were talking lowered cars
Not the extreme of stance

Stay retarded cunt
>>
>>16706092
I like stiffer suspension so it naturally gets lower, but not by much. Cut springs, excessive camber and anything that puts the wheel underneath the guard is too fucking much.
>>
>>16706092
>"i hate fun"
>"t. statist cuck"
>>
File: 1434153730894.jpg (192KB, 522x1318px) Image search: [Google]
1434153730894.jpg
192KB, 522x1318px
>>16708271
>>
File: 1390093031119.jpg (803KB, 1260x837px) Image search: [Google]
1390093031119.jpg
803KB, 1260x837px
>>16708261
About 99/100 times

Lowering=/=hellflush stance
Fuck off with your autistic bullshit
>>
File: Slam.jpg (55KB, 550x292px) Image search: [Google]
Slam.jpg
55KB, 550x292px
I have no problem with someone lowering a car

but once you lower it to a point where its pretty much undrivable just because you want to make a point, you can fuck right off. But at least they are doing it to cars that should deserve to be crushed like miatas and civics
>>
You can lower a car without dropping it on the ground.
>>
>>16708558
How did you get to that conclusion? Did you not notice the slammed shitheap that OP posted as the thread's picture? Or the fact that he mentioned bottoming out the suspension?

The thread as a whole was talking about stance and the likes, and you called me retarded for talking about it?

TL;DR You literally thought wrong, retarded cunt
>>
File: Good fitment and stance, at last.jpg (998KB, 2400x1529px) Image search: [Google]
Good fitment and stance, at last.jpg
998KB, 2400x1529px
>>16708611
The tire sitting improperly on the rim isn't sensible, Anon

I propose pic related as an example of "sensible" tire fitment. You know, it's actually sealing the way it was designed to and all
>>
>>16709474
>Lowering your car
Could mean a 5mm drop or 50mm drop...

Seems you are just trying to cherry pick the extreme so your argument doesn't look childish and autistic as fuck
>>
>>16707856
Show me a speed bump thats more than a foot tall right now and ill fuck you in the ass all night long
>>
>>16709517
Sensibility is kind of irrelevant for a show car. The vehicle is never driven in a manner where it would be a hazard..
>>
>>16709474
Also bevause you are clearly an underage bus rider with no experience in anything, cars set up primarily for track use will also scrape trying to drive around residential streets.. hell, my roommate needs to take the front lip off his evo to get out of the parking garage! And it's only ever taken out of the garage to go to the track..
>>
>>16706388
>or donks

donks are raised

slabs are lowered
>>
/r/ing my dog enjoys licking it's ass but it doesn't mean it's smart screen cap
>>
>>16709540
Oh, so lowering my e36 by 5mm will make it bottom out on a speed bump?

Seems to me you're trying to imply that the thread wasn't about slammed cars, when OP clearly implied so with the pic and description, and people understood that quite fucking well, what with all the talk about slammed cars

Seems to me you can't grasp the general purpose of a thread, even if only strongly implied

>>16709561
So, rice it is, then. Doing whatever to grab attention. Same thing, just from a different demographic.

As long as they tow their cars to and fro, no worries then, but don't be a danger and a bother on the road, there's plenty of that already

>>16709584
While I don't have all that much experience, having driven mostly turbodiesel pickup trucks and a few AWD SUVs, I do have plenty of knowledge, since I have some free time, and I love reading, so far I've finished a couple of books on the matter:

-Automotive Chassis Engineering Principles by Jornsen Reimpell
-Fundamentals Of Vehicle Dynamics by Thomas D. Gillespie
-Physics Of Racing Series by Brian Beckman
-RaceCar Vehicle Dynamics by William & Dougls Milliken
-Racing and Sports Car Chassis Design by David Phipps
-Semi-Active Suspension Control by Gheorghe Gita
-The Automotive Chassis volumes 1 (components design) and 2 (system design) by Giancarlo Genta
-The Isaac Newton School Of Driving - Physics And Your Car by Barry Parker
-The Physics of Car Racing by Brian Beckam

Right now beginning to read Hans B. Pacejka's Tyre and Vehicle Dynamics

But what idea would I have about anything concerning chassis, suspension, and their interactions, eh?
>>
>>16709715
Pls stop, you're killing me
>>
>>16709561
>it's done properly 99/100 times
>b...but these are SHOW cars, it's totally different

Stancecucks once again btfo.
>>
People do it because they can afford to and like it? What's so hard to wrap your head around busrider
>>
>>16709736
Soon, bae. It's kinda late and I gotta be up early tomorrow
>>
Why do people even do what they want to do with their possessions?

I bet all "stance" haters are poorfags.
They can't stand seeing cool cars "ruined" because they hope that one day they can afford one.

Alternative point why do fags race cars?
>copy paste your points here
>>
>>16709715
>Seems to me you're trying to imply that the thread wasn't about slammed cars
its about LOWERED cars. sorry you think threads are about something other than their literal subject.

>look at all these books i've read!
L
M
A
O

>But what idea would I have about anything concerning chassis, suspension, and their interactions, eh?
So you'd understand why [people would lower their car? and that cars strictly setup for track use would also have bad times on public streets?

>>16709847
>I bet all "stance" haters are poorfags.
this is 100% true. they are all jelly poorfags. "waah waah, stancefags and replaceable coilovers are the reason i cant afford highly desirable cars!!"
tehy are like the losers on r9k crying about the 'good girls dating jerk chads'
>>
>>16708620
Poor thing looks like it wants to die
>>
>>16710018
>their literal subject
Oh, so a picture of a slammed car, and a statement of suspension bottoming out isn't depicting a slammed car/a car with an excessively low suspension?
Do explain that point, sweetie

And yes, I've read all those books, so I've got some idea of suspension and chassis, which Anon questioned

>So you'd understand why [people would lower their car?
Stance Nation does it for pix. Other people do it for aesthetic reasons without taking it to imbecile extremes. Others do it for legitimate performance gains under limited circumstances

>and that cars strictly setup for track use would also have bad times on public streets?
Never said otherwise. However, not even remotely as hard a time as a rolling flint, courtesy of hellalush faguettes.

Even a hardcore track car retains suspension travel. A car that barely clears the ground has no such luxury, bae

>they are all jelly poorfags
That's the best last-resort cop-out they have. Sad, they can't even defend their own tastes well enough that they need to change the burden to the other side of the argument

I like to call them out on their stupidity. Basically point and laugh at them. Heck, short bus-tier stance isn't even all that common around here, people are smarter than doing that, but it doesn't mean I can't laugh at them over the net, just like with those gaudy stick-on Vatozone chrome thingies people cover their cars with
>>
File: 20160712_212221.jpg (3MB, 3052x1716px) Image search: [Google]
20160712_212221.jpg
3MB, 3052x1716px
>>
File: NOICE AY!.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
NOICE AY!.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>16710780
>>
New to cars here. Don't people do it for a more aerodynamic car? Don't race cars lower their suspension?
>>
>>16712102
http://www.motoiq.com/Tech/TheUltimateGuidetoSuspensionHandling.aspx

That's a beginning
>>
>>16710780
damn

why even buy aftermarket wheels if you arent going with a lower offset?

do you like it when people make fun of your car?
>>
>>16710760
The false sense of superiority reeking from your posts says enough
Poorfag who cant afford nice car so spends all his free time on the Internet instead. Takes a position of "know it all" to talk down on those who can do what they want, bevause you are jealous.

You can deny it all you want
But attacking people bevause they spend their money how they want and trying to flaunt your "knowledge" from books as reasoning for taking such an aggressive stance is nothing more than jealously

>No no what you are doing is wrong and stupid and I laugh at you a haha! See I read these books so I can objectively day that your personal preference is stupid and I'm so much better than you!
Anyone with half a brain and no dog in the fight sees it
Stay mad and upset and former taking out your jealous rage on people who have never met and will never meet :^)

Btfo
>>
File: 1421102379777.png (60KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1421102379777.png
60KB, 400x400px
>>16712410
Superiority? Come on, at most I try to be articulate so I don't seem like a drooling retard, not trying to seem better than anyone

Denying what exactly? I can't claim jealousy of other people doing stupid things with their money in order to get attention from their circlejerk. I spend my money in what I like, although I do it with a rational mindset: LSD instead of dropping it to the ground. Bushings instead of over-stretched tires, that sort of thing

By the way, isn't it clear that I didn't come here SPECIFICALLY to flaunt my knowledge, Anon? Someone said I was an underage busrider with no idea of anything, and I tried to show that in fact I do like the subject and while I'm no engineer, I know my way around it. Not flaunting, just correcting the person who thought I didn't know what I was talking about. If you think I came here as an excuse to show how much of an autistic shut-in I am for reading too much, scroll up and see how it all developed

>Stay mad and upset
I've been on the web long enough to learn not to get MAF at this sort of shit.
The ones who are mad and/or upset are those who spend their money/time on something they regret, and can't face the truth, are butthurt about it, or can't take (constructive) criticism. Much like the people in Stance Nation and similar places, where you only find praise and compliments, and anyone who questions their choice of no suspension and poor car control is a troll or a hater

Those are the kind of people who are mad. I'm more the kind of people who gets bored and likes to discuss/argue at length
>>
>>16712483
>the people who spend their money to do what they want with their own property are mad
>I'm not mad, it's them!
>just bevause I take any pooprtunity possible to criticize what they do DOES. NOT. MAKE. ME. MAD!!

Yeah dude
Youre chill as shitting on stance whenever you can and the guys enjoying their cars are the mad ones
Lmao the level of delusion is fucking unreal
>>
File: BIG BOOTY BRZ.gif (555KB, 502x328px) Image search: [Google]
BIG BOOTY BRZ.gif
555KB, 502x328px
guys stop you're tearing this family apart
>>
File: FnF Calais.jpg (57KB, 480x352px) Image search: [Google]
FnF Calais.jpg
57KB, 480x352px
>>16712503
Do you even reading comprehension?

>the people who spend their money to do what they want with their own property are mad
Re-read what I said, bae:
The ones who are mad and/or upset are those who spend their money/time on something they regret, and can't face the truth

Now, when did I mention I took ANY opportunity to criticize them? I don't even bother going to their circlejerks and telling them how their shit is all wrong

Yes, I sometimes take the opportunity to call them out on their stupidity. Does not equal to me being mad, just a good opportunity to tell someone how dumb they're being

Now, you mention them enjoying their cars, when the cars are merely the object they use to stick around each other. You could change cars for bikes, or watches, or cellphones, and it'd be the same

>>16712505
No pain no gain
>>
>>16712543
>They don't care about cars! It could be clothes or watches and it's the same! They don't appreciate the vehicular form like I do!
Totally not jealous

The fact you keep replying trying to defend your autism is proof enough
>>
>>16712543
Why don't you just build a decent car and post in threads relevant to it? You're over here hating on shit when you could be happy somewhere else. If you're not jelly you wouldn't voluntarily look at stuff that you know you don't like. You're arguing with people on the internet when you could be ordering parts or jerking off.
>>
>>16712581
They do not care about the cars, they're just a tool for them to get into a community, circlejerk, and boost their ego. If they appreciated the "car" aspect of cars, they'd be improving them in ways that either make them better means of transportation or increasing their performance, or even both

I try to defend nothing. I point out idiocy

>>16712698
I don't really post my builds/vehicles on the net, nothing special about them
I'm on this thread, about trying to explain why people lower their cars to the point of scraping the underbody, because I like to point out stupidity like that, and I can give out examples and links
Why would I look at things I don't like if I think it's stupid? Well, I said it before: to point out the inherent stupidity. I can't understand why you think it's jealousy. For fuck's sake, these people can't even drive their cars, while I go mudding my trucks or hoon my weekend beaters

And yes, I said I argue with people on the net. I'm like that. Already had a good fap a while ago, and parts aren't needed right now, so I'm just killing time here
>>
>>16712771
>They do not care about cars
Stopped reading there. You should just fuck off kid, seriously
Thanks for proving everything I said right
>>
>>16712836
And to elaborate further... to think they don't actually care about cars bevause someone focuses on a different aspect to yourself is pure unadulterated no true Scotsman fallacy bullshit

If you have actually deluded yourself into thinking that if people don't have the same opinions and preferences as yourself, that means they don't actually like cars like.. well shit son I feel sorry for you . Like seriously
>>
File: 1391826028589.jpg (217KB, 1520x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1391826028589.jpg
217KB, 1520x1024px
>>16712836
Please, do explain how did I prove everything you said?

Been here since 2009, not going anywhere, sweetheart

>>16712850
Many times I explained that the car isn't important to the stance nation crowd. Taking pictures of them, posting to the web, and receiving praise, is the important part

How many times do I have to explain that? You change the car for a watch and they'd get together in McDonald's to take pics of their new bezels that, although they make the watch uncomfortable to wear, and harder to see the time, they'll unanimously approve and praise because it's different or it has some attribute that others don't have, even if the attribute makes the point of the watch (or in this case, the cars) useless or secondary, or tertiary, or bottom-of-the-list because looking pretty is all that matters
>>
>>16712904
Everything you say is bullshit
You wouldn't have an argument if you didn't push falsities about them not liking cars. So just stop with your narrative

Plain and simple fact: they Do otherwise they wouldn't spend thousands upon thousands of dollars on them!

I refer you to no true Scotsman fallacy... huur they aren't a real enthusiast like me! I have superior taste! I like cars properly!!! They are posers!!!! ARREGH!

If you can't see how pathetic that is then it's clear you have a deep problem. The green monster. Seriously, look at yourself in the fucking mirror
>>
>>16706092
>>16706189
Please see that there is a difference between lowering for looks, and lowering for performance.
call it stancefaggotry or what have you. just know what yall are talking about.
>>
>>16712949
Sorry but people on this board are actually retarded and some will literally foam at the mouth over the idea of installing coilovers and wider tires as well as a couple inch drop on an mx5
Dead set serious... autists actually attack other posters calling them stance fags and other childish names because their car has aftermarket wheels! 100% serious
>>
>>16712940
People spend lots of money on church and religion in general. These people spend money on cars, and they have the same sort of eco-chamber that cults have

I know of the No True Scotsman fallacy. I'm not saying I AM the one and only enthusiast, I'm saying that they aren't focused on cars because they love cars, their focus on cars stems from the fact that it gives them a community to latch on

>>16712949
Lowering for performance is an entirely different issue. That's (usually) done with knowledge, leaving enough suspension travel for it to still work on the track, matching springs and dampers, making sure camber, toe, and even kingpin angles are properly set up, modifying motion ratios, etc. Hellaflush-tier cars have pretty much none of these, and the few that have some of these attributes changed are only less of a nightmare than the rest of them
>>
>>16713016
>Still going
It seems your entire argument relies on the narrative that they don't actually like cars
You are dead wrong
Seriously dead wrong and it's so fucking pathetic

T, slammed minitruck owner and king of touge in my rx7
Try say I don't actually like cars bevause I like slammed vehicles and flying sparks as well as going fast and flames shooting out my exhaust
I fucking dare you

It seems you don't like cars and use them as an object to boost your ego and sense of superiority
I've never seen someone play the no true Scotsman fallacy so hard before
>>
File: 1403324347222.gif (328KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1403324347222.gif
328KB, 500x500px
>>16713065
Oh, they like cars, that's why they modify them so they're the best "driving machines" they can get out of them?

Good on you for having a truck that is no longer usable as a truck, or even a normal vehicle I suppose? That is unless you have hydro/pneumatic suspension, that's breddy cool although hebby

Say, could you approximate how much time do you spend driving slowly/parked (possibly even taking pictures of your car, if applicable) and how much time do you spend driving in a "spirited" manner, or perhaps near the limit of control?
>>
>>16713143
Every Tuesday night with the boys at the park chilling with slammed vehicle
No photos... no instagram... no whatever. Just smoking weed drinking beers and talking shit. Your narrstive of swagfag camera dweebs is exclusive to 16 year old Americans...

Every chance I get I hoon

How about you? Do you actually do anything or just post bullshit on the Internet in An attempt to feel superior to those who do whatever they please with their money and their property????????????
>>
You fags crack me up.

I don't much like any American cars. Muscle, drag racing, classic crap, the lot of it.

You know what I do when I see someone enjoying a classic camaro with a stupid bug catcher popping out of its oversized hood?

>nothing.

If you don't like it don't buy it. Only reason you would be mad about what someone else does to a car is because you're jealous they have it and did x, when if you could have it you would do y.
>>
>>16713270
Is your reunion more about driving or more about a gathering in itself?
You see, I ask because around here we do have people who "are into cars". Like this guy with a turbo 370z who has no idea how to drive and doesn't EVER go past 120MPH, or his buttbuddy with a 2.0 Genesis Coupe, who labeled his car in pink stickers as "the white dragon". When a friend of mine with a TDI Jetta wants to hoon, they back off because they'd rather drive slowly to a crowded place, sound off their BOVs, and drive away.
No pictures, or instagram, or anything, just traditional, prehistoric hard posing. Even if it's just 5 of us wanting to have a drive around the city, all they care about is gathering and admiring their own greatness, boosting up their ego, that sort of shit

I do have a beater e36 328i that I take on the very early mornings of weekdays and about 6-7 a.m. in the weekends (when everyone is asleep/passed out drunk) to hoon, a 2012 Honda CR-V for light off-road and for the frequent 650-mile trips I make, and a single cab turbodiesel RWD pickup with an overly sensitive LSD that's great fun at any time and place, besides 3 other work vehicles, all of them diesel cuz you gotta standardize fuel to simplify transport, and also cheep

Obviously given my vehicle selection I mostly go off-roading, although I also favor it because it has much more variability to it than city slicking or highway driving, which makes it more fun, even if there's no such thing as speed limit or police around here

And of course I do post shit on the net often, I get a lot of free time, bae. Which is why I also read too much, and fiddle with my cars too much, and get to argue too much (as is obvious)
>>
File: Untitled_11k.png (2MB, 834x969px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled_11k.png
2MB, 834x969px
>>16713444
It doesn't matter what it's about
Its a group of people who LIKE CARS MEETING WITH THEIR CARS TO TALK ABOUT CARS
Is an og lowrider from the 70s or some bosozoku clown less of a car enthusiast than some fuccboi in a leased toyobaru who does shitty hpde events once a month? Or some try hard in an mx5 who runs over orange cones every weekend? No. And you have no place to say they aren't.

For the last time, fuck off with your le supreme enthusiast no true Scotsman bullshit
You've tried all thread to prove you aren't a jealous loser and all you've managed to do is show that you are an insecure autist who treats auto enthusiasm as a means of compensation for your position in the world.
>No, I'm better than them! They aren't real enthusiasts I am bevause I read books!
Kill yourself Lmao
>>
File: Neat.gif (3MB, 450x225px) Image search: [Google]
Neat.gif
3MB, 450x225px
>>16713444
Oh, forgot to mention both cars are slammed, and the dude with the Genocide Coup insists that we turn our vehicles into scraping piles as well

>Is an og lowrider from the 70s or some bosozoku clown less of a car enthusiast than some fuccboi in a leased toyobaru who does shitty hpde events once a month?
I'd say yes. The people in the God Machine at least use the car for the purpose it was designed, and might upgrade it to further suit high performance driving. The people who are into bosozoku or lowriders are little more than old school ricers. One of them cares about driving their car as best as they can, the others care about modifying their cars so they fit within a certain style, even if it hinders or eliminates any semblance of road-worthyness

>And you have no place to say they aren't.
Do substantiate, please

Never said I'm better. Just point out their stupidity. It would follow that acting less stupid is better, but some people would argue against that...

>They aren't real enthusiasts I am bevause I read books!
Again, my mention of books was only because my knowledge of car knowledge came into question. Has nothing to do with how enthusiastic I can be about a subject. Could be that I was enthusiastic about physics themselves and I just happened to have a bunch of books related to cars
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.