[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/, thinking about going and seeing this '68 Valiant,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

Hey /o/, thinking about going and seeing this '68 Valiant, maybe buying it for $1,800 assuming there are no major outstanding issues with it. Had a Valiant before, and really liked how it drove, and no longer have it. Note; I wasn't the one who picked the car out, as it was given to me by my dad, so I'm not 100% sure what to look out for when buying classic cars. The seller says it's a daily driver for him and that a good portion of the engine was recently rebuilt, as well as having decent tires thrown on it not long ago.

Any tips on what to look out for in older American cars, or opinions on the car in general?
>>
Oh man that car brings back memories. My mom had one for years when I was a kid. Endless hours spent running around Fargo in that old POS. Never broke down though and started in even the coldest winters. Late 60's is still when American cars were fucking tanks.
>>
>>16702051
Strongly considering buying it. Body looks like it's in great shape too. Interior needs replacing, but that's no big deal. Reliability and ease of repair are two big selling points as well. You could fit a damn fridge under the hood of these things.
>>
Any other thouggts or opinions?
>>
>>16702059
I mean look, it's a great old car but there are practicality issues to think of. These things obv have no real safety features, if you're going to be driving other people around in it a lot (kids, GF) you might want to keep that in mind.

Also depending on where you live rust will be an issue. Check it out thoroughly. It'd be best as a car you garage and fix up and maybe drive on weekends, probably not a DD.
>>
>>16702160
I would swap out the standard seatbelts for better, safer ones, so that is something I've thought a bit about. As for rust, I live in Oregon, so salt from the roads getting kicked up into the wheel wells isn't much of an issue as it might be in states with harsher winters.
>>
>>16702035
What engine?
Look at the windshield wiper seals. They will be the first thing to let water leak into the cowl which is almost inaccessible for rust proofing.

swap to electronic ignition if not done already. It'll improve the dependability of the engine in spades.

If it's automatic, make sure the kickdown lever is 100% moved rearward at full throttle. If not, the transmission is on its way to being toast.

>>16702160
>Also depending on where you live rust will be an issue.
This is another thing, classic mopars could rust in space.
The trunk pans are especially prone to rust from the exterior.
>>
I would snap that up immediately. Even if it does just have the Slant 6.
>>
>4 door

Into the trash it goes. You can get a 2 door or a duster for pretty much the same price.
>>
>>16702620
Slant 6 is a fine engine m8.
>>
>>16702651
Lol no you can't
>>
I seriously dig it. That seems like a fine price too. Why not if you like how they drive and would enjoy working on it?
>>
>>16702656
Oh no doubt about that.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.