[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on Lotus Elise. It has the same stats as mx-5 ND

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0744.jpg (541KB, 2199x1642px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0744.jpg
541KB, 2199x1642px
Redpill me on Lotus Elise.

It has the same stats as mx-5 ND but it is older platform and ~10k more expensive.
>>
and 10k times less gay
>>
>>16700238
/thread
>>
It's a lightweight MR track toy as opposed to a sporty FR roadster.
>>
much much faster stock / stock
>>
>>16699524
stop being poor
>>
>>16699524

What you get when you buy an MX-5 is literally an overpriced "driver's car" that is both comfortable at its limits and its peak, but its peak is low.

The Lotus Elise is another overpriced "driver's car" that probably needs to be pushed to be enjoyable and the MR setup makes it easily more terrifying than an FR setup.
>>
>>16699524

What do you mean same stats as a ND? Isnt it lighter and more powerful? Not to mention that style and MR? + Targa so much better than a soft.
>>
>>16699524
I wouldn't consider it unless you plan to track it.

Just get an MR2 spyder and swap in the 2zz engine and have a cheaper lotus elise but with more creature comforts
>>
>>16700318
Even the piggy burgernaut version is under 2000lbs
>>
>>16700318
Lotus is 100kg or so lighter than mazda but has about 20 horses less. Identical 0-60 times.
>>
>>16700318

depends on the spec, the top line model elise is 4.2 0-60 and 220hp
>>
>>16701392
there's more to driving than 0-60s my teenage friend
>>
>>16699524
It takes 5 minutes to put the top. I'd recommend 2ZZ swapping an MR2 instead, but the MR2 literally doesn't have room for a passenger and an overnight bag.
>>
>>16701392

slowest elise is like 6 secs ND is like 7.3 secs
>>
>>16700238
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f3/hairdresser-s-car-8782/

fo srs though, a bottom of the range elise S1 may have similar specs to a top of the range ND but that's about it, they are very different cars.

sit in an elise and you'll get what i mean, the interiors are really spartan. glovebox? no. cupholders? no. even the S3 elise interiors make the ND seem like a luxury car. i think some of the newer elises have ABS and A/C but that's about all you'll get. also notice how the two seats in an elise are positioned right up against each other. great for lateral weight distribution but you better be prepared to get friendly with your passenger.

>tl;dr
ND is more liveable with
elise is a more focused sports car
>>
Whats the site for comparing two cars that images get posted here all the time? I want to see lap times of both cars.
>>
Is the lotus elise driveable in the winter?
>>
>>16699524
Elise:
Slow, overpriced lightweight *hairdresser's car

Miata:
Slow, lightweight hairdresser's car which is cheap

*Only successful hairdressers
>>
>>16701734
lel
>>
>>16701734
It is, if you live on the Mediterranean coast.
>>
>>16701734
yea man a lightweight sports car is good for snow
>>
>>16701432
Miatas are really that slow? Kek that's probably when i rev at them at red lights they never try
>>
>>16699524
its more race car and the mx-5 is more sports car
>>
File: elise vs ND.png (261KB, 537x699px) Image search: [Google]
elise vs ND.png
261KB, 537x699px
BTFO
>>
>>16702513
i keep seeing this sub 6s 0-60 for the miats in these silly meme comparisons but that can't be right can it? mazda's own figure on their website is 7.3s.
>>
>>16702479
>Kek that's probably when i rev at them at red lights they never try
They probably never try because people who drive Miatas don't tend to be boy racer faggots who rev at people at stop lights, they're usually women and gay men who decorate or style hair for a living.
>>
>>16702566
you are correct. also notice how the gay neckbeard leaves out track performance.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.