[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>yfw the dumass at the tire shop uses a impact gun to put

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

>yfw the dumass at the tire shop uses a impact gun to put your wheels on instead of torquing each bolt down to the manufacturer spec
>>
>>16693152
They just zip them on with the gun then they use a torque wrench already that's what you're supposed to do.
>>
File: lets-go-practice-medicine.gif (459KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
lets-go-practice-medicine.gif
459KB, 400x225px
>>16693164
>They just zip them on with the gun then they use a torque wrench already that's what you're supposed to do

I used to work for a bus company and that's what we did. Whizz them down and then torque them to the correct setting...
>>
>>16693168
My buddy works at Honda and he just impacts them on with one of those blue torque sticks rated at 80 ft/lbs and doesn't use a torque wrench after. It fucking triggers me so much
>>
File: shit-and-shit-accessories.jpg (249KB, 668x594px) Image search: [Google]
shit-and-shit-accessories.jpg
249KB, 668x594px
>>16693170
Why don't people care for safely?
That's the whole point, to make sure the wheel stays on. With the wheel off, not only the fact that your car is uncontrollable and you will crash it and probably kill yourself and others, that wheel is now a missile and can cause further damage and even kill other people.
>>
File: 1483471950021[1].jpg (34KB, 600x411px) Image search: [Google]
1483471950021[1].jpg
34KB, 600x411px
different coloured "torque stix" are rated at different torque.
generaly diff colour/ diff vehicle manufacture
>>
>>16693192
Because people are fucking lazy and don't want to bother torquing wheels after.
I work have worked at Walmart as a tire tech and always zipped them on and used a torque wrench after.
Same when I worked at Honda as a mechanic
Same as I do currently at Subaru as a mechanic.

Because that's how I was taught to do it. I even double check the wheels after I already went through them once if I even doubt myself for a second I retorque the wheels and the oil drain plug when I do a service. Sometimes I'll think I forgot even after I parked the car outside and hung the keys up after the service I will walk the fuck outside in the pouring fucking rain with my torque wrench and RE torque them AGAIN in the parking lot to make sure I fucking did it.

When I worked at Honda I left a wheel loose and went to test drive the car. I torqued 3 of 4 because my service advisor pulled me away for some reason and when I came back I just went to test drive it. The wheel came loose and made an awful rumbling noise I pulled over on the freeway and turned the nuts with my fingers really hard and drove 45mph on the right lane for 2 miles until I got off the exit and back into the dealership and RE torqued everything. After that it scared me and now I double and triple check everything. Happened once win the oil drain plug too.
>>
File: 1487301936341.png (208KB, 589x536px) Image search: [Google]
1487301936341.png
208KB, 589x536px
>tfw you have to use a butane torch and breaker bar on every nut
>>
>that feel when you have wheel bolts
>That feel when the tire shop over torques them
>That feel when you have to replace your hub because two of the the lug threads are completely stripped.
>>
I have literally never torqued anything to spec in my life and it has never been a problem. My father says the same thing goes and he's been wrenching competently for 40 years.

Not going to invest in a torque wrench until I rebuild an engine.
>>
>>16693232
This

If you need any other thank Mk.I* feely fingers then your a cuck (apart from engine rebuilds)

Even at airlines they just make clicking sounds when they think it's done about right

> also, will never fly on a plane ever, shits dodgy as fuck
>>
>>16693260
catching buses forever, good plan
>>
>>16693232
hi scotty k. jr, how is your dad?
>>
File: smug car face.jpg (12KB, 439x222px) Image search: [Google]
smug car face.jpg
12KB, 439x222px
>>16693152
I just tighten them on with the blue head for the torque gun :)
>>
>>16693260
I knew I would be glad I didn't go into airlines. Fuck that
>>
>>16693164
My shop uses a 50 ft/lb torque stick for all wheels, then we go back with a torque wrench set to spec and finish.
>>
What's wrong with using a 100 lb rated torque extension on an impact gun instead of using a torque wrench set to 100lbs?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.