[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do you use to listen to music in ur helmet. Also is it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

what do you use to listen to music in ur helmet.

Also is it really dangerous to do this?
>>
>>16690684
yes it makes u go deaf
>>
>>16690684
The volume I would have to use, would be brain melting. The wind noise and the bike itself are kinda noisy. On longer rides(multiday roadtrips) I use earplugs to protect my hearing. I´m bit older than your average anon and have ridden for several years and I have hearing loss because of it. Protect what you still have. Having hearing loss or/and tinnitus is not that fun.
>>
>>16690684
You can get speakers for helmets.

It sounds very unsafe to me, plus you'd drown out the engine noise.
>>
>>16690684
i did when i had a bike one ear in one ear out, but to be honest with out all your hear is wind noise. But it has affected my hearing for thee worse
>>
>>16691064
Been there done that and wind noise will drown out an exhaust note before most helmet speakers will.

Op you best option is earplugs that double as head phones, and no it's not any less safe than what most cars drivers do.
>>
>earbuds
>Probably
>>
>>16690760
your ear buds dont block any outside noise? mine do a pretty good job.
>>
File: ear piece.jpg (4KB, 330x330px) Image search: [Google]
ear piece.jpg
4KB, 330x330px
I use one of these. They have real good sound isolation, despite being fairly cheap, but I use them to listen to podcasts mostly. I don't think it's particularly dangerous if you do it on the highway. If you don't crack up the volume too much, there's nothing wrong. By going at 100km/h, you're already experience hearing hear loss volumes.

Disregard this if you have a good quality helmet, in which case, you can tone down the volume on your headphone the same way the helmet turn down the volume from the wind.

>>16690760
Jokes on you, I've had tinnitus since I was a kid.
>>
>>16690684
haven't you ever played GTA san andreas?
just blast it out of the radio built into the dash you cuck
>>
>>16691647
only niggers on Harley's and retirees do that.
>>
File: a little too tight.jpg (431KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
a little too tight.jpg
431KB, 1920x1080px
I wear earplugs plus I don't like the distraction, motorcycling is interesting enough I don't need the music.

And when you're scratching you won't be able to process the music you're concentrating too hard anyway.
>>
>>16690684
i want to set something like that up so I can put on this as I go light speed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2B-bNs59B8

loud enough to block out wind but not enough to block out engine would be perfect desu
>>
File: 20S-042.jpg (305KB, 3800x2848px) Image search: [Google]
20S-042.jpg
305KB, 3800x2848px
I use a Sena 20S with a Shoei RF-1200

Listening to music and having turn-by-turn directions if you're going somewhere new aren't any different in your helmet vs in your car... they're just additional noise layered on top of the existing environmental noise. It's also handy if you ride with a buddy and want to chat.

At low speeds, the sound quality is really good. On the highway, it's not great but it at least helps kill some of the monotony of slabbing.
>>
>>16690684
Speakers are safer than headphones imo as you can still hear shit going on around you, I normally just have the radio playing as background noise
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.