[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is GM really such a good brand? My friend's dad bought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

Is GM really such a good brand?

My friend's dad bought a brand new Escalade and z06. The kid swears by daddy's money and shits on everything Ford, swears by Camaro's. LS this and LS that.

I grew up with Chevy and Ford, so I'm not really partial to any, but tired of him running his mouth because of daddy's money.

So redpill me on GM please.
>>
>>16689447
I'm not even gonna shill here (proceeds to shill)
Which company needed a bailout?
Which company had a defective car that killed people and they knew?

Also escalade: >2000 dollars for a tailight
>>
Brand loyalty is retarded.
GM makes world class halo/sports cars but generally suck in the other areas like economy cars. World class engineering in their good cars with subpar build quality, hence the value in gm sports cars, although they're getting better .
I'd never buy anything that wasn't their halo car though
>>
>>16689458
I think GM makes decent economy cars. The Cruze and Sonic are decent, and cheap. I'm slightly biased because I've only driven the little turbocharged 1.4L Sonic, a 6 manual 2012 Cruze, and a bunch of shitty feeling new civics, and a new base golf.
>>
yee
>>
>>16689475
>I think GM makes decent economy cars
They are literally Daewoos with a Chevrolet badge. The current GM line up of economy cars us the worst line of any developed manufacturer.
>sonic
Kalos
>Cruze
Lacetti
>>
They axed Pontiac.

GM is dead to me.
>>
>>16689447
I love some of GM's cars, but anyone who has to do a lot of work on them will often come up to the point of saying "Why the fuck did you design/lay it out/cheap out like this, GM?!" especially on their 90's cars.

"hey let's put an optispark under the water pump, that wont go wrong!" Optispark itself is a decent system, but fuck the positioning.
>>
The LS has been king but the coyote matches it pretty well. Everytime GM needed more power they just kept adding more displacement to the LS, now supercharging it. It's evident that they've maxed out the LS family. The corvette is a perfect flagship sports car that Americans love, isn't too expensive new and becomes affordable to all generations when they depreciate. The Suburban is the longest running car model ever, speaks for itself, Tahoe and Escalade borrow from the legacy.

Ford mustang has a better chassis. They never really made a sports car. They have made mustangs compete with corvette but they're usually limited special snowflake editions no one but boomers ever own. The Ford Modular 4.6 was reliable but sucks ass in the modern muscle car era. Ford is slowly cucking itself with Ecoboost shit. Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator lost to Escalade because of its lack of power. Making it V6 only didn't help.

At the moment, Dodge actually has the best motor, the 392. The Hemi family make gobs of power because they are the last to be iron block. Problem is they never have a good chassis to put them in.
>>
GM doesn't click with me.

>Trucks
I wouldn't get one of their pickups because they still don't e-coat their frames. They've probably fixed the transmission issue in the Colorado by now. It was a nine-speed set up to get to fourth as fast as possible for fuel economy and constantly hunted for higher gears. This killed towing ability.

>Corvette
I'm wondering if GM still nerfs the ECU to lower actual output in order protect the drivetrain against warranty work.

>Buick
WTF is the point of this car brand? Dump it.

>Cadillac
Still an old man car brand to me. I can't get over that.

>Opel
Just let it go, man.

>Key ignition issues
People died, and GM didn't care. It's like Toyota's denial that floor mats were getting stuck in accelerators.
>>
File: i'd-doubt-that.jpg (16KB, 200x303px) Image search: [Google]
i'd-doubt-that.jpg
16KB, 200x303px
>>16689447
Don't look at me, I ain't an American but I still know GM non-domestic brands and apparently, there just as crap as their domestic brands.

I'm not saying I like Opel the most, I hate Opel the least...
>>
File: NorthstarStarter2.jpg (104KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
NorthstarStarter2.jpg
104KB, 640x480px
>>16692925
And the good old starter under the intake manifold on northstars. They do make some pretty odd decisions sometimes
>>
>Government Motors
>creates ignition that could turn off engine while driving
>know about this for over a decade
>allow over a 100 people to die and untold others to get injured because it was cheaper to let people die and get sued than to fix the problem in thousands and thousands of cars
>Go bankrupt and try to jew itself out of paying for the numerous deaths and other shit they did
>Cars are shitty cheap quality bottom to top
>0 Le Mans wins

Disgusting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlW76d8OgoI
>>
GM is pretty terrible. But do are the rest of the American auto makers. Go Japanese.
>>
>>16690972
this
>>
>>16693052
New Corvette factory tunes are pretty good. You can only pick up maybe 10hp from just a dyno tune. But like all LS based motors they really start to pick up power with bolt ons.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.