[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

pls /o/ help me with my battery choice >bmw 730d 2004 i r

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 4

File: batgel.jpg (230KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
batgel.jpg
230KB, 800x600px
pls /o/ help me with my battery choice
>bmw 730d 2004
i read that 92ah agm is the perfect battery for it, but not sure exactly, pls /o/ explain what kind of battery i need

i found this
https://www.kfzteile24.de/batterien-ladegeraete-wandler/batterie-auswahl-ueber-ah?critForm=1&crit_68=90&crit_975=46 - pic related

or something else

pls provide just manufacturer and if possible something till 170 euro

thanks
>>
File: 60...million.png (51KB, 549x960px) Image search: [Google]
60...million.png
51KB, 549x960px
95-100ah is recommended
AGM due to start-stop function is pretty much required
190mm height or very close vicinity
175mm thickness or very close vicinity
353mm long or very close vicinity
B13 mounting point, which is what pretty much all cars have

I can recommend this one; https://www.atp-autoteile.de/de/product/1093740-ek950-agm-micro-hybrid-95-ah-850-a-10g-pol-fett/dvc-1

Looks like five years of german finally paid off
>>
>>16689466
thanks, so what specifications matter when choosing a battery for this car? just the 95-100 ah and agm? or in general what to search when buying a batte?
thanks
>>
File: 20151216_154638_resized.jpg (290KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
20151216_154638_resized.jpg
290KB, 1328x747px
>>16690118
Pretty much - but dont buy the cheapest you can find. Invest in something decent like Exide, Varta and other big brands.

Also make sure it actually fits. This isn't much of a worry, as batteries in the 95-100ah category tend to be in the exact/pretty much exact same size
>>
File: 20161014_150018_resized.jpg (416KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
20161014_150018_resized.jpg
416KB, 1328x747px
Now; the long version.

There are many factors when chosing a battery for your car. Engine size, what type of engine, start/stop technology, the temperature of where you live, how far you drive on average and more.

>size/power
Bigger engines take more power to get started, and as such they require more power to crank properly
>pole position
You'll see that some batteries are labelled for "left side" and "right side", or "links/rechts" in german. This is for vehicles like my Hilux, which has two batteries and because of their positioning you need the batteries to have different pole positions
>AGM vs Acid vs Gel
You wont really find gel outside of small batteries for lawn applications, motorcycles, snowmobiles and similar.
Acid is the more traditional battery. Cheap to manufacture, can be refilled with battery water if it starts running a bit low (fewer and fewer batteries have this option, sadly) and has a good power rating.
AGM is a newer type of battery, and I'm of the opinion that they are better. They last longer, have similar power levels to the acid battery, takes much better to constant discharing/charging and charges a bit more easily (this is why they're recommended for start/stop vehicles).
>engine type
Diesels takes more power to get started due to the glow plugs & the high compression. This makes a good battery quite important when you have a diesel
>temperature
Low temperatures can affect a battery quite a bit, especially if its not fully charged, if its old or if its extremely cold and/or has been sitting for a while. A battery which might be plenty for a nice summer day could very well be able to only crank the engine twice before dying in just below freezing temperatures.
>CCA
You'll see this rating quite often, and its very relevant for those of us who live in the cold. This is how many amps that battery can put out at 0F/-18c. Some batteries are much more affected by those temperatures than others, and thus I recommend investing in a good one
>>
>>16690313
thanks a lot
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.