[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A couple years back, I bought a Jaguar XK8 for £1700. The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: Jaguar.png (3MB, 1898x841px) Image search: [Google]
Jaguar.png
3MB, 1898x841px
A couple years back, I bought a Jaguar XK8 for £1700.

The underside was welded and sealed by the previous owner so rust isn't an issue.

It was actually better than I expected it to be.

The car hasn't had any big issues throughout my ownership.

ITT: Car purchases that turned out to be better than you thought it could be.
>>
>>16688249
Good blog post. Sage
>>
>>16688249
I've been looking at the prices of XK8s for a while now. I think they're due to appreciate in time like the XJS before it.
>>
I keep looking at these and the 350z. Totally different cars, but they've both bottomed out in terms of depreciation.
>>
XK8s depreciated so much because of the nikasil scare in the early 00s followed by the massive rise in petrol prices to £1.30+ per litre. They are mechanically quite reliable, so long as you don't care if your electric seats work.
>>
>>16688453
Depends, can you still adjust them manually, or will they be FUCKED like electric windows?
>>
>>16688453
>>16688457
OP here, my seats actually still work. The heating for the seats work too. No problems with the windows either.
>>
>>16688453
also timing chain tensioners, water pumps
the 4.0 was a bad engine
>>
>>16688585
OP here. The previous owner did the timing chains to the metal ones.
>>
>>16688249

I want to buy one and swap in the V8 from a Lexus LS.
>>
>>16688635
>not a V12
>>
>>16688249
Saw an XKR from that generation up close IRL recently. They're a lot fatter than I expected.
>>
LS400 for under £1000

Nearly got it up to 250,000 miles now
>>
>>16689232
Whats the servicing and maintenance like?
>>
>>16688249
Obviously a pack of lies from a Jaguar shill.
>>
>>16689452
>Jaguar shill
>Old Jaguar that is no longer sold.

Are you really this dumb?
>>
brit used cars are so cheap it's ridiculous but i just don't want to bother with RHD bullshit
damn you britain

>a jaguar for the price of vw golf 4
>>
>>16688249

That's a clean Camaro.
>>
>>16689508
Thank our ridiculous petrol prices

The side effect is that decent diesel cars are stupidly expensive, a Mk4 golf 90hp tdi with 170,000 miles can easily go for over 2 grand
>>
>>16688249
God, that's a beautiful car. I love Jags.
>>
>>16689913
I like it too. They're also quite cheap too. Relatively
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.