[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are people who buy only new cars so afraid of cars with more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

Why are people who buy only new cars so afraid of cars with more than 100,000km/62,000 miles?

You know as if anything above those KMs/milage are always going to be lemons.

Is it because they were same owners who fuck their shit up by then?
>>
>>16685899

I'd say it's a simple case of there being a higher probability of problems and more unknowns.

With that said, virtually every car i've ever bought has has between 50,000-150,000km's on it.

>Full service history.

>Quick mechanical once over paying particular attention to any common problems with that particular model.

Not exactly rocket science, but for a lot of people buying/selling a car is an extremely stressful endeavor wrought with unknowns and they just don't want to risk having to tighten a battery lead.
>>
>>16685899
I bought my car used with roughly 72k miles.

It is a Lexus though. Hard to kill those.
>>
I buy cars in like the 115k mi range desu OP
>>
I bought a '99 Integra with 155k miles on the odometer and it runs great
>>
Bought a car with 300k km
>>
File: 91_E46k_19zBBSCK.jpg (53KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
91_E46k_19zBBSCK.jpg
53KB, 500x375px
>>16685899

People are afraid of the repair costs of a second-hand car and they tend to far overestimate the repair costs.
Most used cars need roughly 1.000 euros pumped into them once every 3-4 years. Considering that the average period of car ownership is 5-7 years, you will spend about 2.000 euros on repairs alone ( not taking usual preventive maintainance that a new car also requires ).
Also, alot of people are afraid of scammers that will sell them lemons. As far as I am concerned, if the chassis is not bent, everything is repairable.
>>
>>16687245

A new car however can cost upwards of 10.000 euros ( usually higher ) extra versus the used one. So its a 2.000 euro repairs versus a 10.000 euro premium for a new car.
And alot of people are snobs that want a new car because its new and it shows their financial potency, wether those cars are leased or not.
>>
>>16685899
For me it's not necessarily how many miles are on it, it's more about knowing absolutely everything that's happened or been done to a car which is impossible for a used one.
I also like having the latest tech, though I keep my cars for a long time. I just bought a new one after 10 years, almost to the day, meaning the depreciation hit is more spread out.
I just straight up don't like having second hand shit. I like knowing that I'm the only one who has owned the car.
I don't splurge on other retarded shit and I can comfortably afford it, so why the fuck not? If I was a poorfag, I'd definitely suck it up and buy used.
It's somewhat of the same reason why I don't buy a Corolla that's cheap and will run for ever without major problems. I see cars as toys/hobbies rather than a thing to get me from A to B.
>>
I know a guy that buys new and sells at about 30k miles. "You know because that is when cars start to have issues"

He buys Honda accords and can't imagine any having issues at 30k miles. It buggles my mind, but then he isn't handy at all.

Last car I bought had 212k miles.
>>
>>16685929
>Full service history

And then you go full /o/tist and do your own oil changes, which produces no valid service history

But maybe better than a million entries for "oil change - quicklube inc" that involved out of spec oil and running the engine dry in the parking lot because some faggot left the old filter gasket on
>>
>>16688050
Most autistic keep track of their oil changes. I use an ap. If I was buying a car and they had the data and they were of northern European heritage I would be satisfied with that service history.
>>
>>16685899
because people doesn't really know how cars works, thinking they use voodoo magic to turn gasoline into movement.
I bought a car with 175'000 km, and one year later it has 190'000 km and it just doesn't feel it. Like everything isn't the quantity rather is the quality of the kilometers done that matters.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.