[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>self contained oil filter and sump Thoughts? http://www

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

>self contained oil filter and sump
Thoughts?

http://www.motortrend.com/news/your-next-car-might-change-its-own-oil-technologue/

T. Spock
>>
>>16682392
I don't like it.
>>
>>16682392
I like it
>>
>>16682392
mite b cool
>>
File: 1329965820178.jpg (42KB, 435x640px) Image search: [Google]
1329965820178.jpg
42KB, 435x640px
>>16683050
>>16683058
>>
>>16682392
I'm unsure of it.
>>
>>16682392
>technology
>next car
>new
do you really need to ask if it sucks?
>>
>>16683078
sup
>>
Yet another reason for me to consider leaving the garage trade.
>>
>new technology coming out in the future to make oil changes take 2 minutes and no mess
>/o/: wahhhh it's new and different and i don't like it

you all are the biggest bunch of fucking babies
>>
>>16683089
Faggot
>>
>>16682392
only works with dry sumps?
>>
>>16682392
>The sealed Nexcel unit comes prefilled with the manufacturer’s specified oil and filter, and a chip on the reservoir verifies this with an electronic handshake with the engine control computer before the engine will restart.

Mechanic here, I can only see this ending with plenty of 'my car won't start after I changed the oil!!' stories.
>>
>>16683700

>new technology coming out in the future to make oil changes cost $300 and let dealerships buttfuck you

FTFY
>>
>>16684684
sounds incredibly expensive, no wonder they invented it
>>
>>16683700
t. normie who's ok with being cucked by stealerships and government regulations
>>
>>16682392
The idea itself is neat, but the fact that it was developed to let the car companies retain control over what oil goes in bothers me.
Allegedly it's to keep people from putting inferior or incorrect oil in their cars, but it also allows them to determine exactly what oil your car runs on and charge as much as they feel like, at least until aftermarket version come around.
tl;dr it's technology that exists because car manufacturers think people are too stupid to be trusted with their own cars
>>
>>16682392
My old car drained it's own oil, so all I really needed to do was change the filter and keep it topped off.
Is this different?
>>
>>16685277
I have that too, it's called atmospheric sump
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.