[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About to make a healthy profit from flipping a car (not literally).

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0828.jpg (92KB, 639x426px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0828.jpg
92KB, 639x426px
About to make a healthy profit from flipping a car (not literally). I figure I can put $5k towards a beater.

What would you personally buy?

Has to make monthly 1,400 mile road trips, good mpg, can be a little fun as a daily driver. Vehicles with high mileage don't scare me, because I'll be adding a lot of mileage to the car anyways, but must be reliable.

(Yes, I know we have a sticky for this, but this is more for opinions instead of car-buying advice)
>>
CRX HF or CIvic VX for more mpg
Si variants if you want a little more fun
>>
Honestly I'd find a really nice towncar or MGM with the hpp package and bench seats for maximum comfy.

I turned 29 mpg highway according to an ultraguage back when I had one.
>>
>>16677284
I'm looking for something closer to 40+ mpg.
>>
3rd gen firebird pls
>>
>>16677251
Why not keep that car, it meets your requirements.
>>
>>16677251
Camry, civic, accord, corralas are all good flip car since everyone will generally buy a commuter car for work.
>>
>>16677343
The pic I posted is more along the lines of what I want. Not what I'm selling.
>>
>>16677251
youre a freakin audi you cant flip cars.
>>
Get a late 90s or early 00s manual sl1 Saturn.

Mine is a great commuter and highway car and rocks 40mpg
>>
Has anyone had any luck with flipping cars in this thread? I've always thought about doing it but scared i would hardly get any returns.
>>
>>16677301

Then take your unrealistic expectations and get a Moto.

Fun and 40 mpg don't work with cars.
Even fwd pieces of shit.
>>
>>16677587

You need to have a lot of time. And be able to turn down offers.

It's very easy to eat up all your profits in parts, insurance, reg and inspection if you have to make it pass where you live.

A non inspected or registered car really isn't worth much.
It's real easy to buy for 500, put 300 in parts for something, 200 in taxes and reg then accept a 1400 offer and really not make enough to make it worth your time.
>>
>>16677587
It's not hard. Just buy low, sell high, and know what's worth fixing and what isn't. I've owned 24 cars in my life so far. Half of which I've flipped.

It's amazing how much more someone will pay for the "piece of mind" of recent maintenance. An afternoon spent changing out fluids, spark plugs, and brakes can net you an extra $1-2k.

Buy cars with obviously problems that are easily repaired. People devalue a vehicle quite a bit for cosmetic issues. I once bought a car worth $13k on the market for $6k all because of a check engine light, a cracked headlight, and a messed up front bumper. $100 MAF sensor, $200 headlight and $400 bumper + paint and I sold it quickly for $12k because I was selling under market value, but I still made good money on it.
>>
>>16679096
Oops, typo. Peace of mind**
>>
>>16677251
I just bought a 2001 Tahoe Z71 for 5700.
155,000 miles. Clean as fuck.
It's my beater while I build a 1969 302.
>>
File: fuelly11.png (145KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
fuelly11.png
145KB, 720x1280px
>>16678588
I can hit 40mpg in my Focus and it is fun through the corners. A SVTF suspension kit is around $300 and a omni kit to make it fit is less than $100.

Just get a manual coupe so it starts life with a rear sway bar.
>>
>>16679110
Was actually thinking of a Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost, but the prices haven't come down enough yet.
>>
>>16679126
>less interior space
>weighs 4lbs more
>23hp less(but +12tq)
>slower to 60mph and the quarter(I thought torque won races)
>timing belt ran through oil
>unknown reliability

You're looking for the shitbox for now, let the Fiesta be the shitbox in the future when this dies. I've had mine for 160k miles and I've had to replace the battery and a sway bar endlink, nothing else outside of routine maintenance and tires. I haven't even replaced a bulb yet.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.