[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm shopping for a used car (was looking at sedans), but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: sonicdrift02_32.png (382KB, 1000x592px) Image search: [Google]
sonicdrift02_32.png
382KB, 1000x592px
I'm shopping for a used car (was looking at sedans), but then I came across the Chevy Sonic hatchback. Looks kinda nice. I kinda like it. Couple of questions, and yes I know I know:
>Chevy
>American cars
which is something I wanted to avoid, but...
anyone here own one? What engine? How's the turbo? It accelerate well? Or it slow & sluggish as shit?
>>
File: gm.png (95KB, 293x294px) Image search: [Google]
gm.png
95KB, 293x294px
bump
>>
File: 1486871326954.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
1486871326954.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>16673380
ive only had it for a week but, it is pretty fun to drive and sling around corners. Its decent speed but dont expect a race car.

mine is a 5 speed 1.8 non turbo

however mine already threw a cel for lean condition and bad maf

The air intake hose was cracked and leaking air, apparantly common on these vehicles
>>
>>16673793
This is exactly why you avoid American cars. GM, Ford, Chrysler are all complete trash unless you buy their flagships like muscle cars and luxury divisions.

The sonic is a rebadged daewoo trash heap
>>
File: 1486871444288.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
1486871444288.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>16673798
problem is fixed on 2014 and newer, and the replacement part you can order is of a different material.

im waiting for my part but a roll of duct tape got rid of the vac leak and cel

Atleast from what ive researched all the problems that these cars have are mostly small little issues like that

i normally wouldnt get a chevy but i got my sonic for 6900$ out the door which i couldn't pass up on especially since it was fully optioned
>>
>>16673380
Avoid gm at all costs. Gm builds their cars to break and shit the bed after the warranty expires. Gm still makes retarded badly designed bailout boxes that have the stupidest design flaws and issues. It'll be stupid shit that breaks and fails, stupid shit that shouldn't ever break or not break for tens of thousands of miles longer than you'd normally expect. First the fuel pump at 20k,then something even more stupid like your timing belt at 23k. Gm hopes your car breaks so you come in and spend more money at their dealership or buy another car entirely only for the same shit to happen again
>>
>>16673858
Then your alternator or starter will go for no fucking reason other than its a shit alternator or starter

After that all your pressure sensors, o2 sensors and other dumb fuckery will fail at every time it can. Suddenly at 28k you'll get a check engine light just to fuck with you
>>
>>16673875
Oh yea your transmission will take a dumb and you'll need a new electronic element or something to fix it because it overheated because it was near something hot because gm either built it that way because they're incompetent or purposely did it to make money on you

>>16673793
Your fucking air intake hose should have never been cracked at all ever
>>
>>16673875
mine has 43k
>>
>>16673380
Resident GM nut
The Sonic is a great little car.
The suspension was tuned by the same engineers that did the Corvette.
The 1.4L Turbo is a great engine. Accelerates well and takes well to modifications.
It's reliable, well built, and fun to drive.
Avoid the 1.8L engine though.
>>
>>16673798
>The sonic is a rebadged daewoo trash heap
Show me the sticker on the Sonic that says "Built in South Korea"
Show me ANY COUNTRY INCLUDING SOUTH KOREA where the Sonic is sold as a Daewoo.
Protip: You can't. The Daewoo brand was killed 2 years before the Sonic hit the fucking market.
>>
>>16673929
in russia and other countries its still a daewoo, the sonic is technically made in USA tho

also whats wrong with the 1.8?

Seems alright to me, a bit buzzy but still fairly fuel efficient and fun to rev the piss out of
>>
>>16673940
nvm im dum, its technically an chevy aveo in russia
>>
OP here.

Hehhh.... looks like I'm gonna pass on this
>>
>>16673986
get a civic shut the fuck up
>>
>>16673940
>also whats wrong with the 1.8?
It's an alright engine. But it has a timing belt, worse torque than the 1.4, and worse fuel economy than the 1.4.
Go on the Sonic owners forums. 1.8L owners commonly lament not paying for the optional 1.4L Turbo.

>>16673986
ignore the haters. It's cool to hate on GM for no reason.
>>
>>16674000
ahh well i paid under 7k for mine used with 40k so i dont really give a shit about that
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.