[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AKA cars subject to the "Paul Walker Tax" Besides

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Untitled.png (164KB, 952x710px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
164KB, 952x710px
AKA cars subject to the "Paul Walker Tax"

Besides R34s, MY99+ Supras and Series 8 RX7s, the worst offenders for markup that I've seen are Integra R/Civic R and some Altezzas. This is definitely the most ridiculous price I've seen that's not an R34. Even $30K Canadian pesos can get you a few-years-old Mustang GT 5.0 PP, or a similarly pre-owned Challenger R/T if you shop around.

I guess more people are willing to drop that kind of money on a DC5 Integra R than on an Elgrand or a Toyota Crown Majesta.
>>
File: Untitled.png (650KB, 1662x834px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
650KB, 1662x834px
>>16672067

$10,000 for a 25 year old Kei car, I wouldn't pay $10,000 for a bugeye Type RA.
>>
>>16672067
The only cars that have the Paul Walker tax are the Nissan R32 GTR , R34 GTR and Toyota Supra

thats it. Anything is due to supply and demand.
>>
>>16672067
>30k for a fucking RSX

Permission to throw my phone out the window in an autistic rage
>>
>>16672067

Nobody's going to pay that kind of money...even retards (I mean the full on downy type) know better than to pay that kind of money...

I know...buddy would say that he saw one on ebay for this much, but it's a false equivelent...the one on ebay is probably still there unsold...
>>
>>16672067
>rightdrive
found your problem
Just go through B-pro
Velocity is also a fuckin scam

Also,
>Paul walker tax
Fuck outta here,
It's called the rice tax, it affects the JDM market.
Paul walker tax is for >>16672163
>>
>>16672163
RX7 (Series 8 especially since they weren't sold outside of Japan and I think Australia) and rarer variants of Lancer Evos (like the Evo 6 TME) as well. Silvia prices are also getting pretty outrageous as of late. S13, Sileighty, Kouki, S15, you name it. In a couple of years, cars like the MY00-02 GDB STi and CL9 Accord Euro R are going to get hit with a rice tax, maybe not a Paul Walker tax.

And speaking of the rice tax, I wonder why it didn't extend to stanced/VIP cars like the Aristo/Mark II Tourer V/Celsior/Crown Majesta. I mean, fuck. The Aristo is a a 2JZ twin turbo FR manual sedan. I can't think of any RWD manual sedans sold in NA other than the Cadillac ATS-V.

>>16672201

Yeah, third party sellers (especially in Vancouver) are known for odometer doctoring and trying to pass off grade R/RA abominations. The dealers of top repute that I've seen in Canada are places like B-Pro or Derek over at Pacific Coast Auto in Yokohama. (Derek's also the reason I personally boycott JDMVIP and browse import-era.com instead.)
>>
File: abomination.jpg (169KB, 650x434px) Image search: [Google]
abomination.jpg
169KB, 650x434px
>>16672289
I think with the bippu cars, its just easier and cooler to stance newer cars. I don't condone stance at all, but the way the scene is in Toronto, you have these brand new cars with 3 piece wheels stanced out with wide kits. No one is really caught stancing a car that's 15 years old.
>>
>>16672351
Fuckin' stance. I was in Seattle in August and saw an RX-8 with a "dat stance" B pillar sticker or something similar. Poor naive souls with their 25-year import laws. I wish they could come up to Vancouver and see the legit VIP/bosozoku-inspired cars here.
>>
>>16672351
Fuckin' stance. I was in Seattle in August and saw an RX-8 with a "#DatStance" B pillar sticker or something similar. Poor naive souls with their 25-year import laws. I wish they could come up to Vancouver and see the legit VIP/bosozoku-inspired cars here.
>>
Have a little peruse and witness the fuckery
https://www.carsforsale.com/nissan-240sx-for-sale-C566632
>>
>>16672434
>7k for a manual 240SX
>2k for an automatic 240SX
so, how much time and money will it take to convert an automatic to a manual?
>>
>>16672351
Some people have too much money.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.