[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Snowing like a mofo out there today, was going to attempt going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (119KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
119KB, 1280x720px
Snowing like a mofo out there today, was going to attempt going into work (city is shut down but my job remained open). I have 4x4 1500, never an issue before cutting through snow but just as I went to back out of driveway, plow buries me in, can't move forward, can't go back.

Had my 4x4 engaged and rear wheels spinning and hit the brake hard - loud bang - I don't know if they were before or not, but my front wheels will not turn with the rear wheels.

Did I fuck it up? These are auto hubs with manual floor shifter. I've heard this BANG before when I was messing around with the truck when I first bought it but never an issue after.
>>
>bought truck with 4x4
>never used 4x4
>dont know how to use 4x4
>>
How do you expect one to learn how to use 4x4 if they've never used it before? Trial and error asshat.

Anyway OP, I'd check the front hubs, they may not have fully engaged or they're shot now. Look for red fluid too underneath and check for any signs of metal bits on the ground.

Best thing tho, take it to a mechanic and get them to overlook it all.
>>
File: 1436918960579.gif (367KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1436918960579.gif
367KB, 320x240px
>>16660699
>Trial and error asshat.
I learned by reading the fucking manual.
>>
Sounds like it popped out of 4wd.

Put it back into neutral and stick it into 4hi and go back into drive.
>>
>>16660699
I'll probably check in with a mechanic somewhere. Curious though what it could be before I do that.

>>16660809
I did throw it into neutral, let everything settle and tried 4L and 4H to see if front wheels would bite, no go. Rears kept spinning being stuck on the lip of the sidewalk and ice. If the fronts were getting power I probably wouldn't have had to fight so much to pull in. I'm hoping it was just the hubs popping out of place - the sound was from the front.
>>
>>16660714
The manual tells you how to engage the 4 wheel drive. Very basic, common sense shit. It doesn't tell you shit like "don't throw it into neutral going 80 then into 4 low while doing a u turn"
>>
>>16660854
Auto locking hubs take about 1 or two rotations of the tire to lock in.
>>
>>16660854
I'd get a mechanic to look at it.

Can you get us a pic of it?
>>
>>16660864
you needed to be told that? kek
>>
>>16660866
That's good to know, ty. But I don't think they'd make this loud of a bang.
>>
>>16660869
With the amount of snow that's come down after clearing the drive out, it's buried again or I'd be underneath it right now.
>>
ive driven chevy 4x4s since i was 16 and i have never heard my hubs make a noise like that

enjoy that repair bill btw, 4x4 is expensive as shit to fix
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.