[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to learn stick So I want to know the best way to learn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: s-l300.jpg (14KB, 299x300px) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
14KB, 299x300px
I want to learn stick

So I want to know the best way to learn stick. Saw a couple YouTube vids and it doesn't seem too hard but application is different. I currently and in the market for a car so should I just buy a beater 5 speed and learn that way.
>>
>>16657678
Pretty much. Any cars in mind?
>>
>>16657691

Camaro 2016
>>
>>16657691
94 camry
>>
>>16657743
If you're not worried about performance and just want to learn stick a cheap econobox like that is probably going to be your best bet.
>>
>>16657793
Yeah, what's the hardest thing to do in manual cars besides going up hills
>>
>>16657831
Traffic by far. If you have to sit in multiple hours of traffic to get to work/school it's a huge pain in the ass. I remember one time coming home from the beach I got stuck in a pretty bad (even by LA standards) traffic jam and my left leg was completely numb from about me knee down by the time I got home. Don't let that kind of thing discourage you, though. Driving a manual is ridiculously fun most of the time.
>>
>tfw learned to drive with a stick
Feels good man
>>
Something with torque makes it easier. Cheap old V8 car like a fox body.
>>
>>16657872
Fatass
>>
>I need to see a video on YouTube to learn driving manuel

Just drive with an instructor or someone who knows driving with manual gearbox and practice. It will take some day.
>>
>>16659289
Also take a car with a small engine possibly NA, because low torque will make the engine shut down if you don't manage the clutch correctly while big engines and turbos are not as susceptible and therefore you won't learn properly the sensitivity.

Avoid diesels
>>
>>16658180
it makes it easier for the expense of accuracy
Learn stick on a gutless shitbox, and you will learn it properly
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.