[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking at buying an Audi and one of the options say

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

I'm looking at buying an Audi and one of the options say "cabin heater/fan" with no more info. Do they mean an engine heater that you plug in with a cord or just one of those things that make your car heat up faster after starting it? Or does it run off the battery and make the cabin actually warm before getting in?
>>
>>16651896
>I'm looking at buying an Audi

Let me stop you right there.
>>
Vw thats not aircooled

>intothetrash
>>
>>16651896
fuck yea time cooked bacon on the go.
>>
>>16651896
>Audi
Please god almighty DON'T DO IT!!!!!
>>
>>16651896
European only shop mechanic here

Just don't buy an Audi/VW product. Our bays are choked with them constantly and they are extremely difficult to work on.
>>
>>16652005
Are they really this unreliable? I'm looking at a A3/S3 and they've gotten really good reviews as far as I can see?
>>
File: IMG_20170201_102819.jpg (340KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170201_102819.jpg
340KB, 1280x720px
>>16652058
The smaller and cheaper the Audi the better. However I will warn you that almost everything in the entire car is CANBUS and if one thing in the chain goes wrong it can take out the whole thing in one fell swoop. Pic related, 600 dollar central comfort module up in smoke due to a window motor with a computer in it shorting the CAN signal.
>>
>>16652080
I'd be wise to option the extended warranty I guess. Thanks.
>>
>>16652112

Or avoid it you mong
>>
>>16651896
If I'm correct it's a separate heater that runs on gas and/or on mains power with a cord. You can use it without the engine running to heat up your car faster in the morning or to let your car stay warm after you turn off the engine. Some of these are even programmable so that your car is pre heated when you go to work
>>
to me it is really funny seeing americans shit on VAG cars, im from spain and everyone here seems to think that Audi and VW are inherelntly better than everything else just couse they are from germany, atleast i know im not alone on hating them
>>
>>16652836
amerifats cannot into maintenance and so do you
>>
>>16652869
Maintenance can't save you from CANBUS failures. And God help you if you get an Audi with fiber optics in it.
>>
100% agree
VAG is trash.
GLI that kept blowing turbo hoses (stock)
and a S4 that i had to replace almost everthing in it and im under 80k miles.
The S4
Clutch 2800
Airconditioner 1100
Power stearing pump 1200
Left head light 700
All coil packs at 120 each
Temp sensor 340
Oil sensor 120
ABS control unit 840
Brakes w/rotors 800
And it still has electrical issues that no shop around me can seem to figure out. It gets a dead key when you first try to start it, wait 10 mins and then it starts just fine, so fucking weird.
The are great cars when the dont break dont get me wrong. I would never own another, MAYBE lease one. Maybe.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.