[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Normally a /k/ommando but I need some info Google isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: download (12).jpg (8KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
download (12).jpg
8KB, 276x183px
Normally a /k/ommando but I need some info Google isn't helping with. These types of engines? What are they called? Honda pit bikes and all the Chinese clones seem to use the same engine, lifan being the foremost. Is there like a family or class these engines are grouped into? Getting one for a Franken bike project I'm working on from a basket case kawasaki I got for 50 bucks. Thanks ahead of time
>>
Two-stroke?
>>
File: 00303_8FGscfF3PCo_1200x900.jpg (145KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
00303_8FGscfF3PCo_1200x900.jpg
145KB, 1200x900px
Also, the bike is a 1975 kawasaki km100 but the engine it had loosely sitting in the frame is a 100cc bridgestone, didn't know they made shit other than rubber. Looked it up apparently it's from a bridgestone bs100. Anyone know anything about the market for it? It's frozen up right now but sitting with pb blaster in hopes of at least getting it to turn. No pics of it alone but here it is in the bike
>>
>>16651373
4 stroke. They're ohc as far as I'm seeing. From 50 to 150cc are the most common
>>
>>16651357
The engines you are referring to are all clones of the Honda horizontal style engine. Honda made this style starting in the 60s, even today the crf50 uses this style engine.
>>
>>16651357
That is called a small shitty cheap chinese piece of garbage that will grenade itself within 20hrs of use
>>
>>16651752
Have you had experience with this? I'd like both sides, a lot of people hold them pretty highly
>>
>>16651357
GY6 engine i think
>>
>>16651904
The gy6 looks like a scooter only engine. It's designed for the engine to be the swing arm. This engine isn't.
>>
Are you asking what type of engine it is or are you asking for a specific manufacturer/model of what you have in your picture?

90% of the people on this board are complete retards so rest assured even seemingly coherent or reasonable answers are complete and utter nonsense

sub 50cc chinese pocket bikes use a simple 1 cyl 2 stroke engine. they are dirt cheap and i can assure you it's not the same as what Honda is using

the 110c+ use 4 stroke, also some dirt cheap
>>
Honda 50.
>>
>>16651357
AFAIK they are all Honda C90 ( less often CT90/C100/CT100/C110/CT110 ) clones.

Don't know the exact type / engine name, but looking for C90 clone will help locating one.
>>
>>16651752
>>16651872

Lifan owner/operator here. No it won't. The Lifan copies of the Honda motor are license built and work just fine. I've used them for a few CT70 projects and yes, they work just fine.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.