[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>go to visit distant family over christmas >they live way,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: fuck my life.jpg (14KB, 444x332px) Image search: [Google]
fuck my life.jpg
14KB, 444x332px
>go to visit distant family over christmas
>they live way, way the fuck out of the way
>im driving
>come to a patch of heavy snow while ascending some hills/mountains
>dad who is riding shotgun advises me to keep the ESP/traction control on
>have driven this very road before and know it'll get us stuck
>sure enough the car bogs down
>foot planted to the floor and it won't give me any power
>we slowly grind to a halt and slide slowly into a ditch
>'WHAT THE FUCK ANON WHAT ARE YOU DOING ARE YOU TRYING TO GET US KILLED???'
>car is pretty much a total loss
>with ESP off it would have pretty much been a rally special stage

Anyone else ever listened to supposedly more experience drivers and regretted it?
>>
One thing I've learned in life the hard way is: trust your gut, your old man doesn't know it all.

Sucks anon
>>
>>16650468

>we slowly grind to a halt and slide slowly into a ditch
>car is pretty much a total loss

I think Junior might be missing the bit where he totaled the car.
>>
>>16650468
More like

>watch one rally stage on tv
>driving on snowy road
>"hey guys, watch this"
>drive too fast for road conditions, trying to look like Ken Block
>lose control
>introduce the side of your car to a snowy ditch
>your beloved shitbox is totaled, as it isn't worth the bodywork

How close was I?
>>
>>16650468
>dad who is riding shotgun advises me to keep the ESP/traction control on

well no fucking shit.
>>
File: arab initial d.jpg (51KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
arab initial d.jpg
51KB, 1280x720px
>>16650645
DEJA VU
>>
I was lucky (or unlucky) in that my dad was always there to teach me what not to do, but only after I had done it. He waited for me to make a mistake before he showed me what I had done wrong, and how to avoid it.
>>
File: 1286988670611.jpg (22KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1286988670611.jpg
22KB, 500x333px
I unplugged my ABS/TC fuse because that shit sucked. ABS tries to keep you in a straight line but if you fucked up before you hit the brakes, a straight line isn't always what you want. TC was trash to begin with and since I installed LSD it's literally useless.
>>
>>16651405
>ABS tries to keep you in a straight line

You're fucking retarded if you think this
>>
>>16651417
Then a straight line is a symptom of ABS' function, semantics fuckboi.
>>
>>16651405
You can't be serious. Being able to control your stop better is what ABS is all about. That's why people used to pump the brakes. It allowed your wheels to spin and give you slight control as you pumped.

I hope this was bait.
>>
File: e68.jpg (184KB, 665x662px) Image search: [Google]
e68.jpg
184KB, 665x662px
>>16650468
my dad is literally the autofuhrer on the road. i avoid driving with him like the plague
>in left lane doing 65 in 65
>quiet
>someone pulls me behind me and starts tailgating me
>speeds up
>"BAH GOD WHAT ARE YOU DOING U TRYING TO KILL ME GET INTO THE RIGHT LANE"
>gets into right lane driving with the traffic
>pull up behind someone
>"this is too slow, why arent you in the left lane?"
>isheliterallytrolling

Too fast, too slow, didnt stop long enough at the stop sign, literally honks for me if someone cuts me off, if the light turns green and i don't go in 0.0005 seconds, "why we waiting so long", tells me to pull up next to cars that did something wrong so he can give them "the look". The second I say something back, he gets mad and doesn't speak to me for a week.

WHAT THE FUCK I WISH I WAS MAKING THIS UP
>>
>>16652793
>doing 65 in a 65 in the left lane
>doesn't pull to the right until tailgating

Please kys anon, I absolutely hate people like you. Make my daily drive more difficult.
>>
File: .jpg (3MB, 3865x1837px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
3MB, 3865x1837px
>>16651405
people who drive without ABS are either suicidal or literally don't know what they're doing
>>
>>16651382
Yfw he did this so that he was never too wrong with his advice
>Refer to op
>Parenting skills/10
>>
>>16653894

Not >>16651405 , but

>spent a fuckton of years driving a car without ABS
>trained myself how to brake properly without it. paying attention to the steering feel, let go a bit if the wheels lock, etc.
>All the practicing literally saved my ass a couple times

But hey, if some random anon says I don't know what I'm doing, that must be true I guess.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.