[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do americans keep failing at adapting sports and consequently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_3362-3.jpg (902KB, 1200x632px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3362-3.jpg
902KB, 1200x632px
Why do americans keep failing at adapting sports and consequently overdo everything?
>hurr we need 10000 hp
>hurr gigantic oval circuits
>hurr 1 set of tires after every corner
>hurr more loud
>hurr more smoke
>>
>>16646024
i love american cars but yeah ill agree most of their drivers are bigheaded twats
>>
>>16646024
I'd love to watch a race at a gigantic oval circuit actually
t. yuro
>>
File: IMG_20170209_020635.jpg (1MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170209_020635.jpg
1MB, 5312x2988px
What are ya a bunch a sissys with gynomastia that drive imports? Drive a real man's car like this here!!!!!
>>
american sports cars peaked at the Viper ACR
>>
File: 150504_dega.jpg (372KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
150504_dega.jpg
372KB, 1200x800px
>>16646110
This. Formula 1 is absolute garbage as a spectator sport. You see exactly one or two corners and about three overtakes the entire race, and you're better off finding somewhere in the surrounding circus where you can get drunk off complimentary champagne.

NASCAR meanwhile is more like a horse race. You can see the entire track if you sit high enough.
>>
>>16646131
>. Formula 1 is absolute garbage as a spectator sport.
Ofc

t. rally/road race nut
>>
>>16646135
Then again rally spectating is more about sitting in a field getting drunk waiting for a crash to happen in the one corner you can see.
>>
>>16646141
So? I just watch the highlights
>>
>>16646160
And it wasn't obvious to you that we were talking about live spectatorship?
>>
>>16646176
>not watching highlights as live spectator
pleb
>>
>>16646024
>>hurr we need 10000 hp

Seriously, what is it with drift fagets having 800-1000hp now?
If you need 1000hp to get a car sideways, then you can't fucking drive.
>>
>>16646595
>thinking 1000 hp is needed to get the car sideways
They need that much power to keep the car sideways, due to the grip levels. Do some research before you make yourself sound like a dumbass.
Some of you fuckers really are bus riders aren't you?
>>
>>16646595
Honestly, for American circuits it's sorta necessary. Everything's really spread out and so the most optimal strategy is to have as much power as possible and if you don't have that power other people are going to consistently overtake you.
>>
>>16646595
More power = more tires = more smoke
>>
>>16646131
I have to agree. As an American, I grew up mocking nascar as just doing donuts in a parking lot.
Nascar has made commercials of that btw,

But one year, I was with a group of friends watching the Daytona 500 on tv. I was a skeptic before but I get it now. It didn't take long before we were all loudly cheering Dale Earnhardt Jr on.
>>
>>16646024
You cucked yuropoors don't get it. We CAN have it, and we WANT it, because it's FUN.
>>
>>16646135
Rally is the most interesting motorsport.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU1v3OFL7uI
>>
>>16646141

do we spectate because we want to or do we spectate because that is what people did in the past and we are just following

why did people in the past spectate?

why do people go to horse races, the kentucky derby?

lets ignore the fixed matches and money laundering and gambling for elites to show off and network/ do business, using the venue as an excuse to get together and hide among the crowd

or the advertising that comes from all the brands and being there to promote the brand when they win and photos get taken of the car

spectater racing is an interesting marketing ploy
>>
>>16646024
Why? Because sponsors here spend waaaay too much. Nitto WILL give you tires every minute so why not?
>>
>>16648910
Most racing series don't take much of their budgets from spectators. It's pay drivers that are really the lifeblood of the sport.
>>
>>16646024
The worst atrocity in my opinion is the use of dedicated hydraulic ebrake. Ebrake drift is like the most newb way of drifting. Check this video out; mostly stock cars. Back in the day, the driver modified his skills to drift the car; nowadays they modify the car to fit the driver's shit skills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=146&v=99FyfU3JNcw
>>
And I'm just sitting here, waiting for DTM season to open.
>>
>watching anything other than dirt track
plebs
>>
>>16649229
literally worst touring car series except maybe WTCC
>>
>>16646640
So put on less gripping tires
>>
>>16646024
Why are other countries so OBSESSED with America?
>>
>>16646640
>>16648011
>>16648097
>what are inertial drifts/scandinavian flics?
>what is lift of oversteer?
>>
>>16646640
Are you dumb? Getting your car sideways by raw power is the most kiddy technique there is.
>>
>>16649229
>all cars are widebody audi, bmw or mercedes
I wish it wasn't this boring.
>>
>>16649355
2. most kiddy, handbrake turns exist.
>>
>>16649363
Nobody drifts using handbrake. Handbrake is only a technique used to turn sharper and actually to fine-tune your turns.

I mean okay, there are some people who use it for drifting but they don't count. Unless they run AWD...
>>
File: sport-pferderennen-1.jpg (660KB, 1900x1266px) Image search: [Google]
sport-pferderennen-1.jpg
660KB, 1900x1266px
>>16648910
Horse races are great though. You get to dress up nice, relax in good weather having alcoholic drinks and bet money on things you don't have a clue about (that rush when you actually win something). A taste of the high life for us average joes.
>>
>>16649359
Well, it IS the German touring car championship after all. The only other German brands are Opel which don't have the money for this kinda stuff anymore and don't need it for their econobox image, and Porsche who already race in a lot of other championships better suited for their cars.

Maybe a European touring car championship instead of all these national efforts would be a good idea.
>>
>>16649386
You just wrote
>getting sideways
You can do that with your hanbrake although it is a shitty way to do it.
It is only usefull if you try to corner too fast and need to correct instantly anyways.
>>
>>16649390

>15hp

Gee and you say 800hp NASCAR's are boring...
>>
>>16649412
>horse
>still corners better than burgercrap
>>
>>16649390
>literally 1 HORSE power
>>
>>16649421
>he doesn´t know the definition of horsepower
>he doesn´t know horses can exceed 1hp for quite some time and amount
>>
>>16649309
But then you won't be able to keep up with anybody. You would have to go so slow just to be able to drift without going wide
>>
>>16649434
That's not true and you know it
>>
>>16649442
1ps=lifting 1kg with a speed of 1m/s
A Horse can produce up to 34 Ps for a short amount of time, it can produce 3-4Ps for longer time.

The precise value depends on the horse.
>>
>>16649436
People don't race in drift competitions, they get graded by judges

It's like an ice skating competition for faggots
>>
>>16646024
>Yuropoops unleashing a life time of bitterness on a nation thousands of miles away that they will never visit over trivial matters that they wouldn't even know about except that they go looking for Americanisms on the internet to get mad over

Are Americans the only people Stazi won't van you for hate speech over? Lmao I'd be more worried about Ahmed having a "sexual emergency" around my children/sister/little brother/mom.
>>
>>16649434
>one horse can get more than one horsepower
>Implying horsepower is even real

Stfu until you give me the horses torque figures.
>>
>>16649679
That is not how it works...
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.