[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be BMW >make a godlike 4.0 NA V8 >8400rpm redline,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: shit and shite.jpg (352KB, 1803x874px) Image search: [Google]
shit and shite.jpg
352KB, 1803x874px
>be BMW
>make a godlike 4.0 NA V8
>8400rpm redline, sounds amazing
>decide 'nah we don't need that shit'
>cull it in the name of fuel economy
>replace it with a turbo 3.0 inline 6
>sounds like total piss
>fuel consumption is almost as bad

???
>>
>>16645010
Emissions you dumfuk
>>
>be bmw
>make shit cars
Nothing new to report here
>>
File: 1477773510571.gif (2MB, 500x294px) Image search: [Google]
1477773510571.gif
2MB, 500x294px
>>16645010
Become a race/rally car driver, otherwise stop bitching about emissions and down tuning cars.
>>
>>16645010
What I don't understand is that a lot of 335i's sound really good, so why is it so hard to make the S55 sound good?
>>
>>16645010
NA engines can't compete. That was the only reason famalam
>>
>>16645176
>NA engines can't compete
Hey mate can you do me a favour and fucking kil yourself?

Thanks.
>>
>>16645191
Sorry for hurting your feelings
>>
>>16645163
Engineers too busy chasing lap times to care about if the car is actually interesting or not.
>>
File: IMG_0414.png (18KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0414.png
18KB, 501x585px
>>16645023
>Emissions
>>
>>16645010
Pandering to the people who actually buy new M3s. The old one had to be worked hard and revved to get the best out of it, the new one is more point and shoot with a lot more midrange so it feels faster in normal usage. Same story with the E60 M5 to the new F10.

From a business perspective it makes perfect sense as they will sell more of them and make more money, but it is a shame they don't make epic engines like the V10 M5 or V8 M3 any more
>>
>>16646597
THIS
>customers want the car to go fast when they press the right pedal
>can't drive manual anyway, auto boxes work better with torque
>using regular turbo engines instead of unique ones for M-cars saves money, it's not like the customer cares or understands

I don't want to sound bitter about this, but it's just the reality. Most BMW customers don't even understand things like rwd (and they couldn't care less), kinda like the polar opposite of the benchracers around here
>>
>>16645191
Shut up boomer
>>
>>16646692
ain't no replacement for displacement
>>
the small engine turbo meme is ending anyway, they're less fuel efficient than a larger cc NA engine
>>
>>16646723
>the small engine turbo meme is ending anyway
Proof?

In 2017 it's almost impossible to buy a NA car, almost every car in Europe uses forced induction.
>>
>>16646714
But there is
>>
>>16646641
>Most BMW customers don't even understand things like rwd (and they couldn't care less)
Very true. I think the change happened when lease deals and 320ds became extremely popular and the 3 series started outselling the Ford Mondeo and BMW suddenly became the car of choice for normal people who don't give a shit about cars outside of "it looks nice" and "it drives well"
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.