[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/- car insurance question. Got hit overnight at my girlfriends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_4157.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4157.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
Hey /o/- car insurance question.
Got hit overnight at my girlfriends place- it was parked standard, not parallel parked. This is the right rear door. Took it in to be repaired ($1,000 deductible) only for them to tell me they think I hit a pole due to lack of paint transfer. I got out of there and didn't let them go through with it, as I don't want my insurance to go up if they're under the assumption that's the case. Is there anything I could point to that says that this is not a pole/pillar/whatever? I'm having an adjuster come out, but also don't want them to think I'm lying to them and get dropped. Pic related. Any advice? The dent is pretty bashed in, I'm thinking it could've been a truck bumper but that's all I've got. There was no car next to me the morning I discovered this. It's roughly $2,000 to fix.
>>
File: IMG_4160.jpg (650KB, 2300x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4160.jpg
650KB, 2300x1836px
>>16643802
Pic #2
>>
>>16643802
>2000 bucks to pull out a dent and do some paint
You're getting jewed hard as fuck. I just paid 2600 to have the front and rear quarter of my car beat back into shape
>>
>>16643837
They were concerned about shit getting messed up inside and we're going to take apart the door. Everything is still aligned and the window works fine.

Had two places quote me around 2k
>>
>>16643868
I wouldn't let them take apart the door. It'll never go back together as well as it did the first time. More likely to get rattles. Just tell them to do the bodywork.
>>
If they think you hit a pole shouldn't their be damage all the way down at the rocker panel below the door.......you know since poles start at the ground typically.....
>>
>>16643868

I call bullshit, those motherfuckers are just going to buy a junkyard door for $300 and upsell the fuck out of it.
>>
>>16643802
You're getting fucked by the insurance company big time. I wouldn't even worry about your door, though. It doesn't look bad at all. I regularly see people driving dented cars. I saw a guy driving a car with a dented door just today, and I myself drive a car with a dent on the A pillar.
>>
File: 1281938936290.jpg (78KB, 540x366px) Image search: [Google]
1281938936290.jpg
78KB, 540x366px
>>16644162
jesus m8 have some pride in your ride
>>
>>16643802
> Think you hit a pole
Wtf is wrong with your fucking insurance company? Please don't tell me its fucking Mercury, worst fucking insurance company ever right there. They shouldn't question your accident, unless they have some sort of evidence of insurance fraud they should never try to tell you, you are lying.
>>16643837
> Pull out a dent
>>16643868
If everything is fine, and nothing got bent out of shape (door frame, Window run channel, etc.) Than they will have to gut half the door, and cut the door skin off, get a new one, and paint it, and blend the rest of the car (door skins come unpainted)
>>16643914
What the fuck did I just read?
>>16644150
> What is paint?
They never buy junkyard doors without first telling your insurance company. All REPUTABLE collision shops want to get cars in and out as fast as possible.
>>
>>16644134
This.

Op just go to the wreckers and get a unfucked door
>>
>>16643802
Just don't go to an insurance "approved" spot. They should allow you to go anywhere, so go to a place that has a head on their shoulders. Or at least is on your side.
>>
>>16644171
If the car is his "baby" then he can go and waste money to get it in good shape. If it's a daily commuter, it's not bad. It doesn't even look dented from the photo he posted, it just looks like it needs a paint job.
>>
>>16644249
Nah, Geico.
They're having a second opinion come to me in a few days- I'm just worried she'll agree with them and then they'd potentially come after me for trying to fraud or something.

>>16644473
Back tracking this a little- the independent shops gave me a little less than 2,000 estimates, the Geico sponsored is coming in at 1500.
This is for labor/just getting me a new door, I believe.
>>
>>16644514
It's amazing how much profit the shops make.
>>
>>16643802
Depending on how badly you want to get the dent fixed, one option you have is to simply go over it with some touch up paint.

It will be much less of an eye-sore.

I say this because it looks like a DD sedan, so who cares if it has a dent
>>
File: 1417764598439.jpg (30KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1417764598439.jpg
30KB, 400x400px
>>16645789
you people are literally worse than hitler
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.