[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>http://jm-imports.co.uk/index.php/ 1987-toyota-ae86-spri

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: P1180366-r50.jpg (278KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
P1180366-r50.jpg
278KB, 1000x750px
>http://jm-imports.co.uk/index.php/1987-toyota-ae86-sprinter-5-speed-manual/
So /o/, do I fall for the tofu meme?

I know £10k is crazy money for an old car that makes less power than a 1.0l ecoboost Fiesta, but I'm thinking the value will only go up if I look after it and don't daily it
>>
>buying a meme car in meme rush hour
Nigger what the fuck. They will devalue once the initial d train wears off
>>
>>16641737
Just go jack off to some jap car anime bullshit and the retarded urge to buy garbage will pass
>>
>>16641759
I jacked off to First Stage a few minutes ago, the urge still persists
>>
>>16641771
You have confirmed autism then sorry, best of luck dying alone with a shit car written as the only accomplishment achieved on your gravestone.
>>
Do you actually like the AE86 for what it is, or do you like Initial D?
>>
>>16641815
That was already guaranteed
>>
>>16641826
I don't even really like Initial D that much, tbqh pham.
I like wedge aesthetics, pop ups, rwd and light weight.

I accept that it's underpowered and only as good as a 30yo car can be, but I'm still drawn to it
>>
I never take /o/'s advice when it comes to cars because it's all based on fucking cartoons.
>>
>>16641843
Get a 944 over that garbage if you like those aesthetics and still want an older car. Handles like a dream (dat 50/50 weight distribution), great power for a small engine (if you get a S or turbo), value is shooting up on them, very practical with space and gas mileage. Draw back is you have to be pretty mechanically inclined to deal with them
>>
File: redlines.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
redlines.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>16641843
If you're not deterred by the price and expenses that come with it, then get it. It really is a fantastic car for what it is. Pretty swift for a 30 year old economy sports car, too.

It won't depreciate because it has a following outside Initial D, and it really can be driven daily. I drive mine daily in the summer. Just try and store it in the winter if you live in one of the shitty salt states like I do.

I don't think I ever want to part with mine. I love these cars a lot.
>>
>>16641885
I live in northern England, so the roads are entirely made of salt from October to April, I've got a daily for commuting
>>
>>16641899
Follow your dreams but forreal, I owned a 944 S for 5 years and dailyd it even during the winter and it was awesome. My brother owned an AE86 and now he still lives at home with a severe drug addiction.
>>
>>16641916
Do you think the 86 caused his drug problem?
Too slow so he had to get his fun elsewhere?
>>
>>16641918
There's no doubt in my mind. Speed doesnt take lives, anime does.
>>
File: myae86.png (2MB, 1860x1395px) Image search: [Google]
myae86.png
2MB, 1860x1395px
>>16641899
One thing to keep in mind though is that the UK only got the Levin in form of the Corolla GT. Mechanically, everything will hook up, but if you ever get any front end damage, you might have a tougher time finding a donor car. OEM parts are hard as hell to find clean, and most parts aren't available new from Toyota anymore, at least in the US. I wouldn't let this deter you though. That looks like a clean one, besides the fact it appears to be missing a rear wiper + washer nozzle.

Everything is interchangeable, though. And because you have RHD, you'll have an easier time finding parts overall. Buyee will be your best friend in sourcing parts, especially since that's a Japanese spec Sprinter.

One of my favorite parts about these cars is that everything is so interchangeable. You can actually convert a Levin to a Trueno, swap out whatever tail lights you want (as long as the body style is the same), the coupe's front end completely matches the hatch, and all of the OEM body options they made. So much customization can be done while still using only OEM parts. Sideskirts, mudflaps, window visors, decals and bumpers. So many combinations. Just note that Zenki parts are harder to find so you'll be spending a lot more money if you want your car to have the Zenki look to it. And you likely won't find any Zenki parts brand new. That one you posted has a Kouki front bumper, so getting a Trueno emblem shouldn't cost you a ton at all.
>>
>>16642001
There are actually probably more JDM Truenos than actual UK Levins over here at this point, so I'm not overly worried about that.
The company that's selling it are actually one of the biggest importers of spares and upgrades for JDM cars in the UK, so for all it might be little bit costly for any damaged front bits, I know I can source them fairly easily
>>
>>16642031
I'd pull the trigger then.
>>
>>16641755

The one that's been going since the 90s?
>>
>>16641737
Rage your dream, OP.
>>
>>16641737
Think about it well and long, compare your options in depth as you can get stuff like the AW11 for much cheaper.
Most importantly, would this be your car even if you didn't like Initial D? If you can answer that with a yes, then sure, go for it. Also join up with the aeu86.org community for tips and tricks and lots of knowledge about these cars. It's a very active community and I do enjoy the fact that Initial D is only a small sidenote and rarely even mentioned on the site.
>>
>>16641885
Out of topic, but
>that massfag plate
I don't think I've seen this around before
>>
>>16642714
Middlesex county, might see me around during the summer, sometimes I go to shows.
>>
>initial d memes huur
the car was featured in initial d because it was an insanely popular cheap hoonbox in japan during the 90s, and across the world...
>>
>>16642725
Shame, you'd find me in Suffolk
>>
File: 20161107_162032.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161107_162032.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
>>16642744
Forgot pic l, usually driving those
>>
>>16642744
>>16642751
Good to see another Massfag on here anyways.
>>
File: hm.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
hm.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>16641755
>implying Initial D will ever die
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.