[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could you make a car using four washing machines, a chassis,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: wheel one.jpg (50KB, 526x701px) Image search: [Google]
wheel one.jpg
50KB, 526x701px
Could you make a car using four washing machines, a chassis, tyres and parts?
>>
>>16637857

Yes...
>>
>>16637863
I'm disappointed that I can't find any examples online

>delicate for regular travel
>hill coming up
>shift it to cotton cycle
>>
>>16637857
The secret car and home appliance manufactures DON'T want you to know!

Click here to learn one crazy trick to make your daily commute fresher at the turn of a dial!
>>
File: 1437608032232.jpg (41KB, 524x468px) Image search: [Google]
1437608032232.jpg
41KB, 524x468px
>>16637881
>an unexploited niche for online fame and fortune
>>
>>16637857
It would be woefully inefficient. Consider that most washing machines use induction-type drive motors that could only efficiently be driven by AC current, you would need a beefy inverter to support that kind of current.

You would also need a massive stockpile of either Nickel-Metal Hydride or Lithium Ion batteries and a good charge controller to prevent them from burning up under load. Standard car batteries just don't have the capacity to sustain the draw those motors would pull for very long.

If you wanted to go full retard and throw practicality out of the window you could ponder the idea of using the remaining washer parts to create a kinetic energy recovery system attached to the front wheels and double up on motors in the back while lining the bottom of a 1967 Chevy Nova frame with unprotected Lithium Ion cells hooked up to a few dozen chinese alibaba rectifiers in parallel.
>>
>>16638278
Fuck, I mean't inverters. Well whatever.
>>
File: model-select-modelx.png (62KB, 778x409px) Image search: [Google]
model-select-modelx.png
62KB, 778x409px
you could
>>
>>16637857
>and parts
Of course.
>>
>>16637857
>Could you make a car using four washing machines, a chassis, tyres and parts?
That would not be street legal because at no time during its life was such a vehicle legally approved for use on the road. Even if this new car was safer than a Model T, the Model T could be on the road because at one time it was legally approved for road use.

Buying a chassis for the VIN is not sufficient to meet road legal requirements unless you are restoring that car.
>>
>>16638568
Ah yes the "funny because I'm being ironically serious" post
>>
>>16638278
I'm not sure if efficiency is the main thing in mind when building a washing machine convertible
>>
>>16638568
>what are kit cars
>implying OP said the chassis was an OEM one
>>
>>16638278
are you implying over unity power with generators up front and motors in rear?
>>
File: dvakek.jpg (412KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
dvakek.jpg
412KB, 800x800px
>>16637857
> not making a that car dry clothes instead
> tfw will never have a twin turbo quad rotor on meth dryer that will dry your jeans in less that 8 seconds
why live
>>
>>16637857
Of course you can. Pic related
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.