[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on the Camry. Is it as reliable as everyone says

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: Picture-334.png (327KB, 640x350px) Image search: [Google]
Picture-334.png
327KB, 640x350px
Redpill me on the Camry.

Is it as reliable as everyone says it is?
Are they as comfy as everyone says it is?
Are they as fuel efficient as everyone says it is?
>>
Yes to all. It's a poor-man's Lexus.
>>
>>16637138

As reliable as any new car.
As comfy as other cars in it's class.
Probably as fuel efficient as other cars in it's class.

Cars, especially cheap shitboxes have come a long way. Anything new will be reliable for at least 4 years. Even a shitty Kia or Cruze will be just as reliable. I don't know if it's worth spending the extra 10-15k anymore to get a Toyota or Honda if you're buying new.
>>
>>16637175
I'd look into buying a 2014 used and keeping it for 15 years. And I'm not going to buy a "3k civic" because I just got a new job with good stable income out of college and need to start building credit.
>>
>>16637197
Do it. Get the Camry as your comfy commuter/all-weather and get something fun later on.
>>
Depends on trim. I have a 2013. Gas mileage is around 24-27combined with mostly city driving. LE is comfortable enough. One thing I've noticed is on the few that I test drove is that all the brakes are pretty garbage feeling. Haven't had any problems with it though. If you're doing your own oil changes just make sure you have the right tool to take off the oil filter.
>>
>>16637138
get the plug in hybrid.
>>
1mz (2001-2006) tends to have knock issues on lower octane fuel, but otherwise is very durable/reliable. 3mz (2004-2006) offers slightly more power with 300cc more displacement, and improved non-resonator type knock sensor. 2gr (2007-present) is actually among the best all-around v6 engines on the market (see: lotus exige), provided the rubber vvti hose section has been replaced with a metal line (as dictated in recall), making good power and returning an easy 30mpg (US). you can snatch up a 2gr camry with under 75k miles for around 8k if you look hard enough. SE trim for comfy, XLE for stiffer suspension/better handling. the four cylinders are all pretty boring, but they're easier to work on. spark plugs on transverse fwd v6 camrys are sort of a pain.
>>
>>16637197
Stop kidding yourself. You're not even going to keep it 10 years. You're gonna marry and knock up some bitch and you'll have to trade it in for a cuckmobile. Why would you get a camry for 20k? You could get a used Infiniti or mercedes or anything else for that much or a little more. If you're not an enthusiast why are you here?
>>
>>16637404
>trade in a Camry
>a 4dr comfortable near luxury sedan with a large trunk
For what?

>used Infiniti
R u joke?
>used Merc
Hahahahah
>>
>>16637138
It's shit. I'd rather have an Accord or Mazda 6
>>
File: tumblr_n031cqIyUc1qb0vnso1_400.gif (1MB, 264x264px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n031cqIyUc1qb0vnso1_400.gif
1MB, 264x264px
>>16637404
>If you're not an enthusiast why are you here?

>/o/
>enthusiast
>>
>>16637433
>Honda
Blech
>>
>>16637420
Infinitis and Lexus and recent Mercedes are pretty reliable.

>>16637455
Hondas are better than toyotas. Better steering and better suspension.
>>
>>16637469
>Infinitis and Lexus and recent Mercedes are pretty reliable

[citation missing]
>>
>>16637482
Except Lexus, that's obvious. The rest, kek.
>>
if nissan is so shit why was the VQ35DE in ward's list a gorillion times
>>
>>16637469
>steering
>suspension
>economy cars
Lmao
>>
>>16637469
>Infiniti
>Mercedes
>same price level as a Camry
What are you smoking
>>
>>16637294
that should read "(see: lotus evora)..." my bad
>>
>>16637455
Accord is much sportier and much more fun to drive.

Toyotas are soft driving cruisers. The sport accords are borderline sports cars.
>>
>>16637482
There ya go.

>>16637530
Used, faggot.
>>
>>16637598
>Accord or Camry
>sporty
Delusional
>>
>>16637614
I have a 2006 Accord EX-L V6 Manual and it is plenty sporty. 245 HP.

Now, today's models with their faggy 4 cylinders and sub 200 HP may be different stories. I don't know.

But just generally speaking, the accord has historically been much sportier than the Camry.
>>
>>16637638
I understand what you're saying but no 4 door FWD 3500Lb sedan is ever sporty
>>
>>16637649
Tsx and tl would like to have a word with you
>>
>>16637660
They can't speak, they're cars!
>>
>>16637138
>Is it as reliable as everyone says it is?
Yes.

>Are they as comfy as everyone says it is?
If optioned out enough, yes.

>Are they as fuel efficient as everyone says it is?
The hybrid gets Prius levels of fuel efficiency.

>>16637142
This tbqh. It's totally unremarkable from the outside. You'll never get pulled over, nobody's going to steal it or think you're worth robbing.
>>
>>16637676
>It's totally unremarkable from the outside. You'll never get pulled over, nobody's going to steal it or think you're worth robbing.

Even a black SE model exactly like OP pic?
>>
>>16637847
Bro it's a Camry. Cops don't even see them. IIRC it has been the most commonly sold car in America for decades.

But if you're driving something like a WRX or a Sportbike you bet your ass their radar guns are at the ready.
>>
>>16637847
Only v6 is worthwhile. 4-cyl is shit.
>>
File: 20161210_162608.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161210_162608.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Just bought a 2017 Camry SE for 18,500 before tax/fees. MSRP was 25k. The SE can prly be had prly for ~17500 and LE ~17000 if you are a good negotiator. I went when there were $500 less promos than the most I've seen on these cars, and now with the recent showing of the 2018 next gen Camry, the current ones are old and out-dated alrdy. The next gen will have all new enginas, sportier platform, etc.

That said, if you can nab a 2017 SE or XSE, preferably v6, at a great deal (aim for ~30% off MSRP), they're a lot more fun than ppl give them credit for. It's just a stereotyped trope for ppl to be like "Camry = boring" but go drive one, especially the SE/XSE on the hard-ass suspension (many owners complaining it's too stiff), auto-blipping rev-matching paddle downshifting (LOLERCUNT), etc.

I had a Lexus ES350 before, and I miss that 2GR v6, was fucking great, but Camry v6 is basically teh same (all prior gens of Lexus ES350 were built on the Camry platform, this gen of ES350 is the first one to be on the Avalon platform). Sub-6 second 0-60, invisible to cops, never pulled over despite ridiculous reckless driving (I eventually rolled my Lexus 4 times down a hill, with a Tinder date in the car with me, HEIL JAA MUFUKKA), etc.

Plus super practical, save money, sheckelsteins, etc.
>>
>>16637847
I've never seen a black Camry, period. Almost every single one I've seen has been white or silver-gray, and maybe a few blue or gold "sports" trim models from the early 00s.
>>
>>16637197
fuck your life, drop acid and hop trains
>>
>>16637638
The 4cyls aren't bad, I just went from a 1999 V6 with 200hp to a 2010 i4 with 190hp, and even though it's 350lbs heavier with a slower engine it doesn't feel like it because the gearing is better on the transmission.

I think they haven't improved the 4cyls output for 8 years though only mpgs, and made the car fatter. Coupe in 8th gen is a good 80lbs lighter than the sedan too.
>>
>>16639890
>I eventually rolled my Lexus 4 times down a hill, with a Tinder date in the car with me
So did you fuck her?
>>
>>16640066
Wow triggered much, poorfag? Not all of us ride the bus to work 15 hours a week at the local grocery store.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.