[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey all. I know this might seem like a question that seems kind

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1478699425389.jpg (7KB, 207x250px) Image search: [Google]
1478699425389.jpg
7KB, 207x250px
Hey all. I know this might seem like a question that seems kind of, I dunno, weird in a sense. I am a car guy, (Going to auto tech school) but I don't frequent this board at all. Have occasionally lurked over the years. My Question doesn't deal with cars, though, it deals more with the law.

How easy is it to fight a speeding ticket when I know I wasn't speeding? I'll try to make this as short as possible.

>Road is 35 drops to 30
>I never speed down that road because I know that there's usually a cop in one certain spot, but I haven't seen any parked in that specific spot in a long time.
> I have a radar detector, it never went off, even when I got pulled over.(I know they have radar guns that don't set off detectors)
> Ticket date was 12/12, first court date was 1/20, postponed it to 2/17
>When I got pulled over, cop said "You know, you were going like 45 back there?" I said no. Takes my license and insurance, comes back with the ticket.
>Ticket says 50 in a 35
>mfw

I'm thinking of asking for radar proof. I've never gotten a speeding ticket before. I'm pretty sure he was singling me out just because I drive a lowered (not slammed, before I get any hate, I actually like my cars just tastefully lowered) VW, or he was trying to fill quota.

State is IL, btw.

How will that go?
>>
Also, before anyone says anything, i didn't give the cop a hard time. Almost every time I've ever gotten pulled over, I've gotten thanks from them for being polite and stopping.

All other tickets I've ever gotten dismissed.

>Loud exhaust - Showed receipt that I fixed it
>Didn't have the right insurance on me at the time - showed up to court with proof I had insurance at time of receiving ticket
>Obstructed view - dismissed with proof

Never gotten a speeding ticket, though, and I really don't need a first one, because it can really make or break my future career in the industry.
>>
Thanks in advance to anyone that answers helpfully.
>>
Will a bump work?
>>
Send in for a contested hearing and start reading up on things you can do in court. Before the hearing request the officers written statement then look for things that dont add up like his reasoning for pulling you over not being the same as the speed on the ticket. You might find something big like that he was pacing you but but radar on the ticket. Things like that get you out, just be prepaired. He may not even show up in which case you might not even have to do much of anything to get it tossed.
>>
>>16633762
Also, the request for the written statement is called a discovery, it consists of written statement, any video or audio evidence and any witnesses you would be un aware of. You need to request this at least 14 days before the hearing date, they have to get it to you by 7 days before so I would wait until like 15 days to be safe. If they dont supply you with a discovery in the allowed time you're ticket is as good as gone.
>>
>>16633782
"As good as gone," what do you mean by that exactly? As in it'll get dropped?

I have heard that if the cop doesn't show up, it's easier to get it dropped. Also, I'm assuming it has to be 14 business days? If that's the case, should I try to postpone it again and then send in a request like you stated?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1484661867551.jpg (19KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1484661867551.jpg
19KB, 540x540px
Bamp with pic of my badges
>>
One more bump before bed?
>>
>>16633862
I'm not sure if it's business days or not, I dont think so though. Basically you can argue the fact that they have an obligation to provide you with a discovery when requested and them not giving you one or delaying it infringes on your rights as a defendant. But if they get you one on time and the officer does show up then your main argument is going to be lack of foundation of evidence. If the written statement has the wrong speed then you can argue lack of foundation. You can argue he said 45 and it was 50 on the ticket, that brings question the the validity of the accusation. "LIKE 45" can also be argued as weak evidence against you.
>>
>>16634013
Gotcha. I'd have to try to push the court date back again, though if I want to try to request a discovery then, and I'm not sure how many times they would let me do that.

I also forgot to mention the fact that down that road, to proactively prevent myself from speeding, I always set my cruise at 40, just five over the limit, and take my foot off the gas (obviously). Would I be able to use that at the hearing? Or would they not even care? Also, how do I even go about contesting it if I can't get the court date moved back again? I just plead not guilty and three judge asks me why?

Like i said, I've never really had to fight a speeding ticket before, and since I have no hard, tangible proof, I'm wondering if it'll be different than fighting a ticket that can be easily dropped like a noise disturbance ticket.
>>
>>16634096
I meant "the judge" not "three judge."
Getting pretty late.
>>
>>16634096
There should be a box to check on the ticket for contested hearing when you send it in. That's what it is in Wa anyway. You can mention that you put it on cruise control but it's not going to be valued much as an argument.
>>
>>16634553
I didn't think so.

Yes, it also has a statement on the ticket that tells you what to do if you're looking to contest it.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.