[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have been lusting after one of these as a project car lately,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4671-L[1].jpg (219KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4671-L[1].jpg
219KB, 800x534px
I have been lusting after one of these as a project car lately, am I mentally retarded?

Except for the odd one that is modified they're super cheap and as a project it would be no skin off my nose to keep it off the road while I do an engine rebuild since most of them are up past the 200 000km mark.
>>
>>16633249
Buy one they are so fun to tinker with. I love me some ef civics
>>
Do it, I love those little Civics but 99% of them are trashed near me.
>>
>>16633249
>low weight
>shares parts across three consecutive generations
>cheap
>plentiful

Nah, it checks out
>>
>>16633249
The build quality is really sub par.
Like snapping bolts constantly and breaking the tabs on the distributor.
Dont expect a good interior either.
Expect all bushings, suspension, and steering to need replaced.
Expect rust
Its not as cheap when it all adds up
>>
File: 9395234069_f2e0c12ed5_o.jpg (565KB, 1030x660px) Image search: [Google]
9395234069_f2e0c12ed5_o.jpg
565KB, 1030x660px
>>16633249
>am I mentally retarded

no they are genuinely fun cheap cars.

They get a bad rep well because you know. Most of the 90s civics you see on the road are modified are usually shitty. Either they are still stuck in the early 2000's or they got the whole stancefaggot shit going for it.

They make great track/canyon cars. i'd buy one myself but the fact that they are so easy to steal kinda keeps me away.

When I live on my own and can afford a proper garage I'll prob get one as a track slut.
>>
>>16633264
>literally nearily 30 year old civics
What the hell did you expect?
>rust
Not in California XD
>>
>>16633280
Just warning OP
Its not all sunshine and rainbows
>>
>>16633264
Buddy of mine had one. A '91 Si. I second all the problems in this post. Despite that, it's definitely my favorite Civic aside from the CRX which is just a prettier 91 Si. Get the car OP you'll love it.
>>
>>16633264
Wouldn't be the first car I've had to do this kind of work on. It's not easy but at least it's not foreign to me.

Would I be mentally retarded if I wanted to do an engine build that includes a turbo? Smallish turbo, I don't need to make a drag car.
>>
>>16633333
The biggest downside IMO is that you can't find a lot of the interior parts anymore. If you call around enough sometimes you can score new old stock parts but for the most part you're limited to Ebay, Craigslist, and junk yards. (There's a few guys out there who hoard new old stock parts so if you blow them they might let you buy some stuff too.)

Other than that they're basically like any other 90's Honda, engine/suspension parts are cheap and fit like Legos. Doing a basic turbo build on a D-series is insanely cheap but the trans is fairly weak, and if you get into B-swaps you can mix and match heads, blocks, and transmissions in all sorts of ways depending on what you want to do with it.
>>
>>16634166
>The biggest downside IMO is that you can't find a lot of the interior parts anymore.

That's a helpful hint. Now that I've lived with a car that has a leather interior for so long I don't know that I could go back to one with shitty tears and cracks all over everything. Thanks anon.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.