[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/ I got a 2004 GTI, no mods, the check engine light came

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1469811708124.jpg (7KB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
1469811708124.jpg
7KB, 350x197px
Hey /o/

I got a 2004 GTI, no mods, the check engine light came on a few weeks ago, pulled the code and it was system 1 bank too lean...

Now, when I start driving it (after sitting all night) i'll go to brake, and it'll choke, rev up to almost 1000 RPM and shudder.

Any thoughts? Think the MAF is going out? I looked for boost leaks, vacuum leaks and checked my air filter, they are all good.

Thoughts?
>>
>>16630087
bump pls
>>
I had a 2003 GTI, I miss it
>>
>>16630087
Time for a new car... VW's from that era are full of issues.
>>
>>16630351
Seconded, my mom had a beetle from 2004 and we had it in the shop pretty much every 2-3 months.
>>
>>16630087
what was the specific code? pxxxx
>>
>>16630351
This. Sell it now unless you enjoy weekly CELs.
>>
Running rich sempai, check voltage on the o2 sensor on that bank. If you ignore it it's gonna end up killing your catalytic converter and then you're gonna get fucked in the ass
>>
>>16630362
p0171

It's either the MAF, a vacuum leak or an oxygen sensor.

>>16630351
>>16630359
>>16630380
I've thought about it, I just needed something to get me around. I bought it when my credit was shitty... But like, if it's cheap I can just deal with it. My credit went from a 520-750, I just need to start making 50k a year and buy something nice.
>>
>>16630445
I thought it might be this, how hard is it to fix something like that? I know most american cars pretty well, but this german thing is spooky to me.
>>
>>16630455
did you seriously finance like 6-7k? what a fag.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4691554-Solving-P0171-Code-The-Complete-Guide
>>
>>16630463
Changing the O2 sensor should be easy enough, just find the damn thing in the engine bay, unplug it, unscrew it, and do the reverse with the replacement.
>>
>>16630485
Nah. Ony 2100K. I put down most of it. I was broke and I was driving a 1994 SN95. I live in Los Angeles and when I built my mustang, it wasn't designed to be a daily driver.

But I ended up moving down here.
>>
>>16630087
is it a 1.8T or the 2.8 VR6?

>>16630351
This.

I like the MK4 but I just can't deal with finicky VW's and all the BS that comes with one

>>16630445
This is a good suggestion, borrow a multimeter and the car in the air to test it. Not very labor intensive at all and may very well be the source of your problem, if it isn't you didn't rip the car apart and can have it together again very quickly
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.