[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I supposed to speed like crazy on a motorcycle? I follow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: lane-filtering.jpg (122KB, 584x355px) Image search: [Google]
lane-filtering.jpg
122KB, 584x355px
Am I supposed to speed like crazy on a motorcycle?

I follow the speed limit, or go over slightly (like 35 in a 30 zone) and a lot of cars really very aggressively overtake me, because I filtered to the front of a queue, got in front of them but I stick to the speed limit.

Why do cars get mad? Especially BMW and Audi drivers. They're just jealous that I'm having fun and they're not?
>>
>>16629735
>Especially BMW and Audi drivers. They're just jealous that I'm having fun and they're not?
This is the case regardless if you're in a car or on a bike
>>
>>16629735
Why would you bother to filter up to a stop light if your not going to stay out in front of traffic? Your asking to get run over. Ride faster or stay in line at the light.
>>
>>16629763
I filter to the front or near the front so that I don't have to wait for an entire traffic light cycle, I can go as soon as it turns green rather than get stuck waiting for it to go green next time.
>>
>>16629753
kek, a guy driving an Audi tried to race me at a traffic light on my DR650 once. I kept up with him until about 45-50 and then backed off because I was approaching the speed limit and his car was starting to pull ahead. Even though I backed off he kept his Audi floored and was probably doing 80-90 mph until he slammed on his brakes and squalled his tires going around the next corner in the road.
>>
>>16629753
This.

>>16629735
It's really the only way to keep douchebags off your back wheel.
I ride a 125cc bike currently due to license laws, and some people get REALLY fucking mad that I'm on two wheels and they're not. Especially if I'm not doing 50 over the speed limit like they want to be doing in their crossover/HGV/bus.

Oddly enough, the van drivers that were a menace on a bicycle are total bros as a biker. They don't give a fuck if I push in, and in fact LET me push in. I filter through, and they delay their movement to let me through, knowing I'll be gone.
It's the goddamn soccer moms in SUVs, blocking the lanes, parking in the street, tailgating me on slippery roads, and just generally being in the way that are the issue.
>>
>>16629735
Just act like a normal human being and drive 10 over. Suddenly all your problems will dissapear because thats what 99% of people do.
>>
>>16629894
my dad got ticketed and fined £160 for doing 40 in a 30 area.
>>
>>16629765
This is bait.
>>
>>16629901
why?

What's wrong with going past stationary cars to the front of the queue? Often where I live the queue stretches back far, so filtering right top the front saves me a good few minutes.
>>
>>16629896
>doing 33% over the limit

I usually stick to 15% over or 15kph over, which ever is less. The 15kph is literally because in Ontario, if you're 15kph over you get points off your license with the ticket, but realistically cops don't bug you unless you're more than 15% over.. So seems like a good "fifteen rule" to follow here.

>57 in a 50 zone
>92 in an 80 zone
>115 in a 100 zone

It's worked so far. Never held up traffic and never had a ticket that mattered. I do go the speed of traffic on single lane highways which sometimes ends up being 100 in an 80 zone.. Because what's a cop gonna do, pull over the whole convoy of cars? Certainly not pulling over the guy in the middle.
>>
>>16629914
>pushing to the front
>being slowest car once moving
>now 10 people are held up permanently instead of just you at a stop light

You're a selfish fag and will be run over, deserving every tread mark on your chest.

This is why we hate cyclists but you think it's OK to do on your motored-bicycle?
>>
>>16629896

is this how anal cops are in yurop? I feel bad for you bong

I do between 15-25 over my entire commute and I've never been pulled over
>>
>>16629927
what the fuck are yuo even saying?

I don't even have any effect whatsoever on the cars behind me, I just filter to the front, into the cycle box if there is one, and go fast when the lights go amber > green. I literally do not know what you're complaining about.

>>16629929
it's a massive gamble speeding in the UK.
>>
>>16629948
I thought you were OP, who stated that he goes less than the speed of traffic once the light turns green.

The correct way is as you stated: filter to the front (not sure about the legality of using the bicycle box but do as you want), then use your superior acceleration and agility to never have to see those cars again.

OP implied he filters to the front then slows down the drivers behind him who become displeased with his faggotry.
>>
>>16629990
I am the OP you fucking retard mongoloid.

I use my superior acceleration to get away from the cars behind me but I won't break the actual limit, if you want to tailgate me and look like a retard that is your problem.
>>
>>16630003
So.. You boy race just to make sure you're ahead of people when you begin to slow them down.

All of my previous statements stand. This is exactly what cyclists do. And they're universally fags.

You're a fag.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170208-142921.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170208-142921.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
>>16629735
Fucking cars.

After ibslid down a concrete ditch i never leave home without 4 things.

Gear
BTFO whip
Gun
Air horns on my fucking bike.
>>
>>16629735
If only all bikefags were like you then we wouldn't have a problem.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.