[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Espirit V8 is really cool Why have I never seen it mentioned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: 11798.jpg (135KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
11798.jpg
135KB, 800x600px
The Espirit V8 is really cool

Why have I never seen it mentioned on /o/?
Do you guys not like them?
>>
rare, unreliable heaps

they're cool though
>>
kinda ugly and unreliable

only good thing is their sound
>>
it has Corolla tail lights
>>
File: 2001_2004_esprit_coupe_008.jpg (134KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
2001_2004_esprit_coupe_008.jpg
134KB, 960x540px
>>16628717
Am I blind? I love how they look to
>>
>>16628724
youre entitled to an opinion

I think they look like ugly cobbled together ricers
>>
>>16628707
most people on here are American
and that car is rare even in Europe

not much point to talk about something you will never see even if you had the money
>>
>>16628724
>Am I blind
Probably not. Some people think Honda shitvics look good after all. Most of them are autistic. Anyhow, I can see how some would appreciate the esprit.
>>
>>16628707
/o/ only knows about shitboxes it can afford.
>>
>>16628707
Because they are unreliable and the original NSX is simply objectively better.

>>16628724
I do like how it looks more, though, yes. It's just not worth it. An FD is more reliable.
>>
>>16628806
What in particular makes them so unreliable?
>>
>>16628809
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotus_900_series
the engines
and also being mid engine makes them harder to maintain
>>
>>16628809
they are cheaply made and high maintenance

the only hope you have is if you buy one of some Lotus enthusiast

theyre not as bad as a Ferrari or something but parts are expensive too
>>
>>16628821
>buy one of some Lotus enthusiast
very much this
some cars have problems and fixes only really known about and applied by club members
buy the wrong year/model or from the wrong person and some of the problems from the factory will not be fixed

see De Tomaso Pantera as example of another car like this
>>
>LOTUS
Lots
Of
Trouble
Usually
Serious
>>
>>16628748
There was one for sale 3 hours away with a blown motor on my local kijiji for $800
>>
Lotus does have some nice designs but their reliability has been until they switched to Toyota engines.
>>
>>16628707
because you are new?
they are mentioned quite often.

Murifats recognize lotus as a god tier brand
>>
>>16631442
>Murifats recognize lotus as a god tier brand

Eh, we see them more as a brand offering affordable yet spartan exotic cars whose best use is on weekends and/or track days.
>>
File: cst8234-copy-640x430.jpg (66KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
cst8234-copy-640x430.jpg
66KB, 640x430px
>>16631383

Audis V8 seem to be a rather nice fit.

Piture related - also winner of Gatebil Extreme 2015
>>
>>16631486
It was already SBC swapped. I had just bought a $600 fiero and wasn't about to buy another mid engined pile with a blown motor. Should have in hind sight
>>
watch the video and say you dont want one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioN8HXTN7bM&t=338s
>>
>>16628707
favorite car desu
>>
File: IMG_0190.jpg (313KB, 2448x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0190.jpg
313KB, 2448x1836px
I love the Esprit, but sadly like so many exotics, it was designed for manlets.

I test drove an '88 Turbo a few years ago and my head was uncomfortably pressed against the headliner. I'm 6'1" so it's not like I'm a giant either.
>>
>>16631479
>brand offering affordable yet spartan exotic cars whose best use is on weekends and/or track days.

exactly
>>
>>16628707
I like them
>>
>>16628707
I saw one of these at the Spring Mountain Motorsport Ranch once. They were doing a photo shoot with some generic fake-tittied girls from Vegas. Dude wouldn't even start it and it took 9 guys and 7 attempts to push it back onto the trailer.
>>
>>16628809
They are made by blokes out of a part pin in a shed somewhere in England. Same reason most older English shit is unreliable, electrical systems are horrible.

Top Gear was telling the truth about the trans also. It was barely strong enough to deal with the engine power and it was the only one they had that would work unless they dumped money designing a new one. I've heard some Porsche trans are swappable though.

Just like TVRs, they are fairly affordable to buy but maintaining them will sometimes cost as much as exotics.
>>
I must admit I do like the look good

and they are an interesting collectors piece, but the lotus name will forever be known as the "built in a shed" meme

same with TVR
>>
>>16632120
>tfw 5'7" but all the furniture around me is 8" too low
>>
>>16628707
Literally
>I don't mind replacing the gearbox every 6 months
The car.
>>
i've always had a soft spot for Lotuses because my mum has owned 2 (Excel & Elan), if I could afford the monumental make-it-work-properly-forever-after bill I'd love a V8 Esprit.
>>
>>16628707

I hate to break this to you but it is called ESPRIT, not Espirit.

Look it up, faggot, it's true.
>>
>>16628724
A mix between an old porsche and a 300zx
>>
>>16632120
>tfw when 5'10''
>can comfortably drive most manlet cars

feels good
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.