[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's more important to put Rain-X on your rear glass and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: pACE-1254594dt.jpg (74KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pACE-1254594dt.jpg
74KB, 500x500px
It's more important to put Rain-X on your rear glass and mirrors than it is to put it in your windshield.
>>
i literally don't have wiper blades
>>
>>16627660

>Driving everywhere in reverse.
>2012+5

Shigg-Diggy-Doo
>>
My mirrors and rear window is heated though
>>
>>16627660
just use wax or sealant and it lasts much longer
>>
>wasting money
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjGXn249Fc0

Every time I put that anti fog stuff on the inside of my windshield all it does is make it completely impossible to see out of at night and doesn't do a single fucking thing about them fogging up. using the normal rain-x on my windshield did sort of help, the rear it actually helped a lot, but didn't really do anything on the sides.
>>
>>16627733
>falling for the antifog meme
Tripfags, everyone.
>>
>>16627771
b-but chrisfix said it would work
>>
>>16627705
I've been using wax, hasn't worked as well as rainx
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (130KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
130KB, 1920x1080px
>>16627660
quarter windows eliminate the need for this
>>
>>16627806
did you put it on the right way?
i used meguiars gold class wax and it worked fine for me. but sealant lasts longer tho.

>>16627790
implying he isnt getting paid to say it works
>>
>>16627811
have fun being restricted to cars made in 1967 and earlier, minus a few stragglers here and there
>>
>>16627820
I've been using the same thing and yes I put it on right
>>
>>16627822
yee the last cars with them died out in the 1980s
and even then they were hangovers from the 70s
>>
>>16627820
You are putting sealant on inside of windshield?
>>
Exterior: buy better wipers
Interior: stop sweating so much and your sweat won't fit up the inside of the car you fat fuck

Any glass treatment is just gonna make it harder to see through it, except properly cleaning the fucking glass.
>>
>>16627660
>It's more important to put Rain-X on your rear glass and mirrors than it is to put it in your windshield.

My car's aerodynamics doesn't put much air pressure on the rear windshield, so there's not much difference between clean window glass and rain-x treated glass. As a result, the water droplets have about the same rate of flowing down the rear windshield.
>>
>>16627733
>Every time I put that anti fog stuff on the inside of my windshield all it does is make it completely impossible to see out of at night

Rain-X Antifog works for my car. It needs the window to be clean before application. And if you have heavy use of air fresheners, that deposits oil on the interior side of the glass, thus causing it to fog up despite the rain-x antifog treatment.
>>
>>16627855
What about the KZ/LN165 Hilux?
>>
File: toyota_hilux_mk6utility_ser1_05.jpg (85KB, 670x499px) Image search: [Google]
toyota_hilux_mk6utility_ser1_05.jpg
85KB, 670x499px
>>16629266
Toyota really are hold outs
would not be surprised if they still have some sohc engines in their line up
>>
>>16627790
>b-but chrisfix said it would work

Rain-X Antifog is NOT to be put on tinted windows. Petrochemicals are not to be used on windows that have that layer of tint applied to the inside of the windows. But of course, people here should know that since they read the info about their tint at the tint shop or were told how to clean their tinted windows.

Applying petrochemicals to the organic tint coating can make it become foggy over time. Window tint is not some impervious plastic like your plastic water bottle or plastic wrap. You already know it breathes and is porous because during installation, water could be trapped under the film, but after a day or two, the water bubbles evaporated. If the tint was solid like your HDPE or PETE household plastics, that water would never dry up as it was trapped there forever. Because of that porosity, petrochemicals can be absorbed by the tint.
>>
>>16627660
But I don't have rear glass
>>
>>16627977
Rain-X is for exterior glass. Rain-X AntiFog is for interior glass.

Waxing interior windows is not useful in preventing fog. If Rain-X AntiFog cannot be applied to interior windows due to tint, simply use microfiber towels to wipe the tint clean of oil films that may be deposited by atmospheric air carrying in exhaust/industrial fumes or air fresheners. The oil film allows moisture droplets to collect on the surface more readily. This is why you see oily patches and fingerprints on interior windows fogging up first ahead of the clean glass.
>>
>>16627660
The Japanese made their own version of "Rain-X" for exterior windows but it isn't the same harsh petrochemical solvent substance. I saw it in a Richmond, Vancouver BC automobile goods store in Aberdeen Mall.
>>
>Implying you need to see through the rear window

You can drive just as well using only the side mirrors.
>>
>>16627705

I once used silicone oil on my wiper blades, couldn’t see shit because everything got fogged up when using the wipers. It stayed on for quite a while tho.
>>
>>16628001
>better wipers

You mean those memes by Bosch, or Champion that only last as long as the cheap chink ones?

>interior

Have fun trying to scrape away ice on the inside.
>>
>>16630000

Window tint is a meme
>>
>>16627977
sealant goes on the outside to help remove water much quicker from the windshield.

if you want to get rid of fog get a sock and fill it with rice and leave it by your windshield. rain-x antifog is shit
>>
>>16631446
Wtf? Are you shitting me? Gtfo boomer , I have a nice reasonable 25℅all the way around so that I have a modicum of privacy, my interior cools down a little faster once the AC comes on, and I can see without ALWAYS needing sunglasses
>>
>>16632027
>call others boomer
>have tint and probably some oversized RIMZ on your entrylevel pleb car

Why do you need privacy, are you planning to do something illegal?
>>
>>16632041
not that guy but i put tints on my car because of HID headlight truck assholes
>>
>>16631380
name of store?
>>
>>16631985
>anon why the fuck do you have a sock on your dash?

oh that's my special sock
wanna give it a whiff
>>
>>16631446
t. Faggot that's never been in a desert stare
>>
>>16627790
>b-but chrisfix said it would work
Prove it to yourself the first time. Clean both front and back windshields. Put Rain-X on the PASSENGER side half of the front and rear windshields. That way, your driver side will continue to behave as you are used to seeing. So no surprises for you if you don't like the Rain-X effect.

Now when it rains, you can see how the passenger side is different. The front windshield has air pressure that blows the drops off (or not). And you see how long it lasts with wipers. And you also see if there is enough wind pressure on the rear windshield to move the water off. Rain-X needs some air pressure to blow the water off, so that's why it doesn't work with all cars' rear windows due to aerodynamics.
>>
>>16627733
>I put that anti fog stuff on the inside of my windshield all it does is make it completely impossible to see out of at night
You're supposed to clean your inner windshield of the oily film before applying Antifog.
>>
>>16627660
If you smoke or vape in the car, then some of that can make a film on the glass that attracts water vapor. So the windows fog up more and sooner.
>>
File: Hot Summertime.jpg (54KB, 432x648px) Image search: [Google]
Hot Summertime.jpg
54KB, 432x648px
>>16631446
>Window tint is a meme
It's unbearable to not have window tint in harsh summer desert states like Arizona and New Mexico. It's not just the heat, but the combination of both ultraviolet and heat will degrade the plastics and fabrics inside the car.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.