[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should my gf get an R53 for her first car? why or why not? Live

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Mini_CooperS_18.jpg (76KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Mini_CooperS_18.jpg
76KB, 600x450px
Should my gf get an R53 for her first car? why or why not? Live in New England and she will probably have ~$5k to spend
>>
>>16626946
Yes she should.
The only criticism I have of mine is the V8-tier fuel economy (mine's a JCW but there's probably not much difference in the fuel consumption)
>>
>>16626964
Really? I've heard the fuel economy is absolutely exceptional. 27-34? That's what I've heard. I'm coming from an E36/ E46 M3 though and I usually get around 16-18 lol
>>
>>16626946
If s-trim with a manual, yes. If automatic base trim? No. It'd definitely cost more than a civic to maintain.
>>
She was actually between the Cooper and a VW Beetle. Either way she wants to go manual coupe. I told her a civic may also be a good idea for her pricepoint but she just got $3k from her family to help
>>
>>16626972
A lot of my driving is in hilly backroads but I get about 22mpg - my all time low average is 14.6.
I'm from Europe, too, so our gallons are a bit bigger
>>
>>16626972
Is this gonna be for her or you?
>>
>>16626988
>>16626993
It's for her lol but personally I drive an E46 M3
>>
>>16627013
You're gonna want to buy the cleanest one you can find. Maintenance records are paramount.
>>
File: Is that your final Dandy.jpg (46KB, 737x711px) Image search: [Google]
Is that your final Dandy.jpg
46KB, 737x711px
>>16626987
>Choosing between flaming garbage and smoldering garbage
>>
What are your options? The number 8 bus or the number 11 bus?
>>
>>16626946
A first gen mazda 3 with the 2.3L motor has literally the same curb weight and horsepower as a cooper s. Debate me cunts.
>>
>>16627095
Not OP but my girlfriend drives an R53 Mini with the supercharger and the 6 speed and I will tell you that it is super fucking fun to drive. The exhaust gurgles and pops when you let off the throttle or downshift and the supercharger whine is god like. A Mazda 3 is not a bad car but the Mini is ten times more fun, regardless of specs
>>
>>16626964
Agreed, I've got the same
>>
>>16626946
>buying your gf a car
>>
>>16627095
The interior build of those things is shit, mate. I doubt OP's girlfriend will want a boring, cheaply made car just because it's cheaper and might go just as fast (they don't actually). If she were to only get a Mazda, get a Miata. Infinitely more fun than a 3.
>>
>>16628637
No it's not. First gens have decent interiors. If anything interior quality went down on the second gen.
>>
>>16628611

>Dying a spiteful broke virgin
>>
>>16626946
Get her an R35, not an R53
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.