[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Most people dont enjoy driving and view it as a dangerous inconvenience.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Most people dont enjoy driving and view it as a dangerous inconvenience. Yet ironically most people want better cars than they have currently and pay alot of money to get the best status symbol they can. They pay alot of money for something they don't enjoy operating and resent and complain about having to own.

I sell cars and most the people buying them seem to be terrible upset that they had to buy a car, that they have to drive everywhere. They almost all hate driving and seem tremendously scared of actually driving. Highway driving fills them with terror. Night driving is almost considered like driving into zombie apocalypse.

Why are the roads clogged with people who hate driving? If most people don't like doing it, of it takes away too much of their selfie taking time, if they are scared of driving because deep down they know theu don't have the basic mechanical skill and hand eye coordination and attention span to handle the responsibility of driving, why are they doing it?

If you don't enjoy your time in the vehicle, you don't take any enjoyment in the ownership and upkeep of the vehicle, if you don't get a thrilling confidence while operating the vehicle, why the fuck are you even driving one, yet alone spending even one cent to purchase one?

I don't get it.
>>
The United States is set up for people to drive automobiles to survive. People want to have safe cars that are easy to drive so they won't die.
>>
>>16619869
Nobody has to drive. Just started happening that cities have the better paying jobs. But yet, they also have niggers, spics, drugs and crime so no one wants to live there. People would rather put up with driving than getting shanked and raped in a Democrat utopia.
>>
>>16619920
top WEW Everyone drives a car here because there isnt much public transport even in the "city"
>>
>>16619822
so fucking autistic
>>
>>16619920
>nobody has to drive
Exactly where in the states do you live with reasonable public transit?
>>
So society is structured and prioritized in a way that is illogical? It's not the individuals fault for acting irrational, its societies' fault for forcing them to choose to do something they are not skilled or interested in doing.

So wouldn't the best option be some kind of self driving pod option for those people? They could even be subscription based and scheduled by algorithm for efficient pick up and delivery of disinterested travelers. That should cut the clutter in the road and in parking spaces significantly but would likely result in massive tax and insurance rate increases for everyone who chooses to transport themselves do to manufacturer/insurance/pod service lobbying to try and force conformity on the 10% of people skilled and interested in driving themselves.
>>
>>16619975
>>16619929
You realize there was a time when neither car nor public transit existed right?
>>
>>16620015
Relevance? Unless you are working on a time machine to take the whole world back to horse and buggy, we live in a time where car, public transport, and super computers exist. Lets deal with that reality.
>>
>>16620025
No one is forced to use any of that.
>>
If traffic accidents and drunk driving and red light running are really such problems shouldn't we look at ways to restructure transportation so that people who cannot handle the responsibility of driving, people who had no business driving a vehicle, people who probably have trouble driving a shopping cart successfully dont end up in command of a 3k pound missile of metal and combustibles?
>>
>>16620035
I'm not worried about myself, I enjoy driving. My daily commute and weekend drives are the high points of my existence.

I'm concerned for the people who dont even care about doing it aptly enough not to kill other people.
>>
>>16620035
Some people, I'm not sure about most of /o/ but some people dont live in the same place they work. So they have to get to work some how. If thier home is farther than bicycling range then they do have to use a car or public transport. Or if they are rich they can go by helicopter. But who has the nerves for all that noise.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.