[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get over my fear of public driving? On the road I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1481500586797.png (70KB, 900x771px) Image search: [Google]
1481500586797.png
70KB, 900x771px
How do I get over my fear of public driving?
On the road I'm fine but I ALWAYS fuck up parallel parking if someone is behind me.
Also what are some tips for a city kid who just got started driving?
It's a 2009 Nissan versa handmedown shitbox, autotragic of course.
>>
>>16618421
Just look around you, there are worse drivers around you and even the good ones where bad once.
>>
paranoid anxious dude probably xenophobic

yeah your average trump supporter
>>
>>16618421
Drive outside of the city and get used to the car.
Train parralel parking outside of the city without much traffic.
>>
>>16618421
Parallel parking is easy you must be dumb
>>
>>16618443
I always leave at least 5 feet between cars etc
I'm pretty terrified of going fast too, despite really loving driving and cars since I was a kid.
>>16618470
I can park reliably, it's just that I start fucking up when other cars are on the street behind me
>>
>>16618485
>I always leave at least 5 feet between cars etc
As I wrote, drive outside the city and practise.
>I'm pretty terrified of going fast
I never had that problem, but I suggest you to drive once on a road without speedlimit and drive as fast as your car can.
Or try to listen to eurobeat on the highway, it is not just a meme.
>I can park reliably, it's just that I start fucking up when other cars are on the street behind me
You need to get used to the car, if you do it enogh you will get it.
>>
>>16618510
>road without speedlimit
Kinda hard in Brooklyn but I'll try and get more miles under my belt. Sadly it's not practical to commute to class, it would probably help a ton.

Also this car is my Uncles, I'm just parking it for him, driving around occasionally etc.
I want my first "real" car to be a manual, and while I've driven one for a bit in an empty road I can't even imagine the amount of anxiety it would cause me during parking, on hills etc.
Any help with that? Are there any books on manuals to get acquainted with the theory side? I know I sound like a complete autist.
>>
>>16618546
Driving manuals isn´t hard, I learned it at 14 on a single Weekend and towed planes on the local airfield.
You just need to be verry carefull with the clutchfor the first time and release it verry slow.
Everything else is a matter of practise.
>>
>>16618566
Even thinking of parallel parking on a hill in a manual gets me sweaty.jpg everytime.
Like I almost know I'm gonna roll back into the car behind me destroying my insurance forever. Fucking terrifying.
>>
>>16618576
You can use your handbrake for that, it isn´t as hard as you think.
>>
>>16618592
No like in a tight spot where you need to shimmy the car out
>>
>>16618621
Trust me, once you get used to the car, you won`t have a problem.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.