[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup my dudes, About to pick up a new daily driver. Thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 49532371.jpg (131KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
49532371.jpg
131KB, 1024x768px
Sup my dudes,

About to pick up a new daily driver. Thinking about spending $8,000 for a 2006 Nissan 350z. I've been madly in love with these cars for years but I don't have a lot of car knowledge, so thought I'd ask the experts here.

I'm looking for a fun coupe that's easy on gas, a blast to drive and dependable.

Your thoughts my friends?
>>
>>16613309
Fuel starvation issue hasn't been fixed. I'd go with the 370 just for the minor updates, either way though it's a trash car that's overpriced and not really fun for what you're paying. There's better options.

Also we're not experts, just autistic benchracers that ride the bus and cite what we see actual reviewers say
>>
>>16613309
>nissan
>dependable
No
Enjoy burning oil and bad electronics
>>
>>16613309
interior is trash & the car looks like shit in its stock form, but the engine is quality & you'll have a fun time hooning around in it.

there's also a pretty big aftermarket so you'll have no trouble finding upgrades if you so choose.
>>
They are super fun to drive and they can be dependable. But you have to be careful not to get one some spic or good tried to rice out and you should be aware they eat oil.
>>
>>16613309

I know a guy who has a G35. I can't tell you much other than, the interior will be shit and the exhaust note will be pretty cool (for a V6). I have no I idea how fast it is tho. Oh, almost forgot, I dunno if they use the same manual tranny but having to pull the shifter knob up to put it in reverse is fucking annoying and gay
>>
>>16613309
350z is a pretty solid choice. they're not the best on gas but can be pretty dependable.
my choice would've been an FRS/BRZ for the 2+2 (though it's a lot more expensive and considerably less powerful)
>>
>>16613309
>>16613309
350z a shit. Burns oil, most have been owned and abused by boyracers by now, and shit gains in the aftermarket unless you go forced induction but then you have to rebuild the engine.
>>
>>16613399
G35 you push down and to the right, past 6th, same on 350z

>>16613309
Its a great car op. Interior is noisy because racecar, mpg isnt all bad ~22-25 mixed driving, dat vq sounds good and plenty of aftermarket. Very reliable in my experience but may burn oil, hit or miss on that
>>
>>16613309
I've had one. It was a fun car. Get ready to spend money on upgrades.
>>
I've dd'd one for the past 6 years with very few issues. Mine is an '03.

I always forget if the oil consumption meme comes from the 06 or the 07, may want to look into that.

Otherwise it's a fun car op you will enjoy it.
>>
Just get miata
>>
>>16613309
I was looking for the past week at a 370z but decided to go the G37S route instead due mainly to the interior. After a few hundred miles in the last day or two I can safely say that you'd be happy with the car regardless. Its just up to you to know what you actually want out of the car: do you value an interior or a smooth ride? Do you instead want a bit better lines but a bit more kick? Make your own decisions bro
>>
>>16613321
>Also we're not experts, just autistic benchracers that ride the bus and cite what we see actual reviewers say
should be a banner or part of the sticky 2bqh
>>
>>16613309

Mk.2 Audi TT
I'd recommned getting a 2010 or later version. They're around 10-20 grand with clean titles. MSRP is around 50-60 grand. Depreciation slaps this car like a bitch.

That's the decision I made between a 370 and a TT, though.
370's are a really fun RWD car, but the gas isn't all that good for a daily, and it's not that fast, and the interior has always been a downfall to the Nissan making it uncomfortable.

The Audi TT is arguably not as good looking from the exterior, but it's about half a second faster, RWD, interior is 100000 times better than the Nissan, and I can say I average 350 miles before I fill up on 11 gallons.
Maintenance isn't much either, however, I'd recommend doing the oil yourself unless you want to be anally raped by every auto place when it comes to price.
Also depends on budget. If your'e wanting to spend around 20-30 for a used car, you can get a pretty nice 2008-2011 Porsche.

The BRZ or Scion FRS aren't bad choices either if you're not looking for the best interior / performance. The handling on those two vehicles is outstanding and the gas is pretty good. Very light weight. The manual versions are a blast to drive as well.

All just depends on you. But when I went shopping, I settled with the Audi TT.
Reasons:
Leather/Alcantara interior. Heated seats. Aluminum trim everywhere, so it is aesthetically appealing
Sporty looking coupe
4 cylinder turbo charge
4.5 0-60 times with launch control
Deployed/retractable spoiler which I think is kinda cool
overall looks are appealing and sporty
Capable of embarrassing a shit V8 Mustang owner
Nothing your wife/girlfriend won't get sick of riding in.

Cons:
The exhaust sounds like shit. No aftermarket piece can save the sound of this vehicle. It's mostly all turbo sound coming out. To me I like hearing the turbo spool up, but the exhaust can be better.

Not the best looking in comparison to other sports cars.

Almost no aftermarket options
>>
>>16617583
I meant to say the TT is AWD and not RWD.
>>
>>16617583
Well put.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.