[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be a noob driver >always try to leave enough space from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: scared-woman-driving-car.jpg (76KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
scared-woman-driving-car.jpg
76KB, 640x360px
>be a noob driver
>always try to leave enough space from the car in front of you for safety
>fuckers on the other lane see this as invitation to cut me off and I have to do a sudden stop
>my turn to change lanes, running about the same speed as the guy at the back
>turn on signal lights and slowly change lanes
>fucker at the back see this as a challenge to who's the faster driver and accelerates
>fucking HONKS at me because he has to slightly slow down

How do I stop this from happening? I'm starting to avoid changing lanes unless absolutely necessary because of this shit.
>>
>>16613291
Realize that women and black people can't drive, and everyone with a beamer/audi/merc drives like an asshole on purpose.

You have to be a defensive driver. The next best thing you can do is buy some old beater for highway driving so if someone wants to play a game of chicken you win every time.
>>
>>16613291
>be a noob driver
Don't do that
Don't do that either, the DMV booklet might have said to, but leaving room is just begging for some fag to squeeze himself in there
>my turn to change lanes, running about the same speed as the guy at the back
Don't be a slow cunt who meanders past people 0.5mph faster, pass like you mean it. Downshift and stomp it you fucking pussy.
>>
>>16613322
this oddly enough
>>
Get a sleeper car and just WOT pass them.
>>
>>16613291
>fuckers on the other lane see this as invitation to cut me off and I have to do a sudden stop

Leaving too much space is, ironically, more dangerous. People WILL cut you off and create a more dangerous situation.
You need to find the sweet spot between leaving just enough space for safety, but not enough space for people to cut you off.
>>
Noob drivers cannot anticipate needing to be moving ~10mph faster than obstructive traffic until it is too late. They prefer the brake for changing their situation as opposed to throttle.

Fluid dynamics is not about taking turns, mass transit is not a queue. It is inconsiderate to cause others to brake needlessly but only skilled drivers grasp this.

The herd mentality of retards at speed comes from the comfort of similar speed reference points which allows them to unfocus from the road and just react to you.
>>
>>16613322
/thread
>>
>>16613412
Good post. This is the best explanation for why all lanes travel at the same speed in moderate traffic
>>
>>16613291
> someone indicates to merge in front of you
Back off the accelerator a bit
> someone merges infront off you
Back off the accelerator a bit
DONT HARD BRAKE

When you want to merge, find space and accelerate into that space
>>
>>16613291
Just start closing the gap when you notice an asshole trying to cut you off.
It's what I do.
>>
I've been driving for years, and I always leave a huge gap between me and the car in front of me.

idgaf suck my dick /o/ suck this fucking dick do it
>>
>>16613291
Hey sorry to not let you in. My 4x4 f150 needs all the space it could get.
You should drive ur Prius little faster next time
>>
>>16613291
Live in a less shitty area, that's literally the only way
>>
>>16615075
literally?
>>
>>16615079
Yes literally, not figuratively. There is no other way to not be around shitty drivers
>>
>>16615087
I dont wanna move..
>>
>>16613291
you're always supposed to expect that someone accelerating faster than you on another lane (with a car ahead of them) is going to merge without signaling.
>>
>>16615087
All drivers besides yourself are shit, you can only move somewhere with less total drivers.
>>
>>16613322
This.

If you are to much of a pussy to hit the gas to take the space I left you to merge wait until I pass you. I hating having to brake because someone merges at 40 on a 60 highway. You are merging your job is to take space I am not using. step on the fucking gas and merge
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.